“Average”

Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Smelterville, Idaho, United States
“Average”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at this motel for 3 nights. We were put on the first floor but actually was more like the basement. The room wasn't bad but smelled a little musty and the wi fi they kept saying was working but it wouldn't work on our ipods or phones. Worked ok for the laptop. When we were checking out my daughter looked under the beds to make sure we got everything and she found 2 empty take out food containers, that were not from us. Could of explained the smell. I did tell the front desk and she was shocked. I hope they clean better from now on. Everyone was nice but if I go back to Seattle I will probably find a different motel to try.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

It was an ok stay nothing too amazing but right on the satisfactory level. A bit expensive for me but maybe for others it's just right. The breakfast was good but I've had better. Overall a good night stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Santa Rosa, California, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I found myself needing to stay overnight near the airport for a connection the next afternoon--not enough time to really see anything in the Seattle area, so decided to find a local hotel I could stay at with a late check-out and do some work in comfortable surroundings. I didn't want to spend a lot though, so I settled on Quality Inn, since it was quite a bit less than most of the other accommodations close to the airport, but seemed to have decent amenities.

I was pleasantly surprised on all counts. Their free shuttle was available on-call and was very prompt both in pickup and taking me back to the airport. Check-in was a breeze and the room had all the appointments I was looking for and was very comfortable and clean. I was also surprised to find a very nice spread for breakfast (full breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles as well as all usual cold options), 24 hour coffee service, and vending machine options if one got hungry. They also offered a spa and exercise room (although I didn't partake) and some basic business services as well as free wifi throughout the property.

The staff was courteous, friendly and efficient. There was absolutely nothing I could find fault with in the stay--well done!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Cutler Bay, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived after Midniight Peter was courteous and friendly attitude

we wanted to get a bite to eat and they went out of the way to provide us a ride to a local food place

we arrived at airport shuttle arrived in a brief period of time

room was clean and comfy we had short stay ,very pleased with overall also enjoy a
goodbreakfast and very affordable rates for the package we chose

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jorge b
Honolulu
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Due to a flight delay on United Airlines, 20 of us would miss a connecting flight home. United put us up at the Quality Inn. I was not pleased at I had 18 high school students.

The rooms appeared to be in the process of being renovated. Of our 11 rooms, we ended up switching three including my room which had ants in it. The rooms come with a refrigerator and microwave which was a nice touch. After seeing ants in my first room, I felt as if the hotel wasn't clean.

There is no restaurant, but they do have a nice breakfast. With 18 students in tow, we had to walk to find a place for the 20 of us to eat. I'm not a fan of International Blvd.

The staff were friendly and very accommodating. Because of our large group, we had to take two shuttles to the hotel and back. In the morning, our first group would have missed breakfast, so the night clerk made 10 breakfasts bags to go for us. When the morning clerk heard this, she opened the breakfast are early so our kids could eat. This was very nice of both of them.

I feel bad giving the hotel a poor rating. The staff were great, but location isn't great and property needs a facelift.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank DKHNL
QualityInnSeaTac, General Manager at Quality Inn Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I'm glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience with our staff and enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast. We want to make sure we are continuously providing excellent customer service and it's great when guests express their appreciation towards that goal.

I'm sorry to hear that the rest of your stay however, was not as satisfying. I can only imagine trying to coordinate a change in travel plans with 18 high school students. Similarly, having the airline send 20 unexpected guests at the same time without warning, while renovating and updating rooms, put us in a little bind. However, we wanted to do our best to give you a place where you can be comfortable due to your unfortunate flight delay.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention so we could prevent any other guests from experiencing it. We do have monthly preventative pest control check-ups, and this is the very first (and hopefully last) time we've had to deal with something of this nature. After calling them out immediately to check on the issue, we learned that the source was from a tree at a neighboring bakery, to which we took immediate action to stop. Meanwhile, our pest control has upgraded our barrier. We haven't had any issues since, but we are still considering other options in vendors because one time is too many as far as we're concerned.

As you noticed, we have been in the process of renovating and updating the facility. We're sorry your stay had to occur in such straining circumstances with the airline, but I would love to invite you to come back some time in the future and experience our hotel as it should be. Meanwhile, we will make sure that every customer continues to receive the same excellent service from our staff that you and your party experienced.

Thanks again for your feedback, and happy & safe travels!
Winthrop
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've been exploring the various Park and Fly's from Sea Tac for years and I've just found my favorite. This newly remodeled hotel including a great breakfast, super friendly staff is an excellent value! Nothing fancy but very clean, very friendly and inexpensive.

Room Tip: FYI -The first floor is actually a level down from the lobby.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lexington, SC
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was able to snag a one night stay at a low low price on one of 'those' web sites. After a super long flight and a very late arrival all we wanted was a bed to fall into dreamland. The front desk staff was very pleasant. The parking was not the best, but again I did arrive very late. No worries, we had a secure entry into the stairwell with our key card and found our room quickly. While it is not a 5 star hotel, it rates very clean and well tended to considering. The bathroom was super clean, sheets and pillows comfy. Clean fridge, flat screen TV and all the other makings for the typical hotel. I also saw that they provide shuttle service to and from the airport, however we did not utilize, but I did see others coming and going via the van.

Next mornings continental breakfast was amazing ! Choice of juices, milk, coffees, yogurt, cereal, bagels, waffles, eggs , sausage, oatmeal and various muffins. Super clean dining room!

If you need a close hotel to the airport, cheap rates, and all around worthwhile place to go...this is the choice for you. No complaints from us on our visit!

Room Tip: If a choice is available, choose the 3rd floor. One set of steps from the front parking lot and no w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family