“Great location and excellent Marriott quality”

Seattle Airport Marriott
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
“Great location and excellent Marriott quality”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Located near the airport and they have a free shuttle. Staff is exceptional and willing to help in any way.

This property is well maintained and has an excellent bar/lounge area that will serve very tasty appetizers and the best of the Seattle area Microbrews. Great place to relax and unwind with colleagues or clients.

Rooms are very clean and make you feel like home. Very cool pool area.

Highly recommend

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank Crossbonz72 .
Rocky R, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Happy to hear this great feedback. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Korean first
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed August 7, 2014

The hotel is fine and the rooms are average. Food in the restaurant is good but fairly pricey. However their shuttle stops running at midnight. If your flight is late (like mine). You have to fight with a taxi driver to bring you to a hotel that is across the highway. My taxi driver fussed at me the whole way. Not a good way to have your customers treated.

You can not be an airport hotel for a major chain (or any chain) and not have a 24 hour shuttle. That just defeats the purpose.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Demica S, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear NOLAgirlAgain,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I know that travel can be challenging on by itself, but also having to deal with unreasonable taxi drivers creates a frustrating experience. I am so sorry to hear that this was the arrival experience you received while making your way to our hotel. Our goal is to address the concerns that you have mentioned, in an effort to ensure an exceptional return visit. Please accept our apologies for the mentioned experience and thank you for your review.
Best regards,
Demica
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel as we had a late arrival and early departure flight. I have nothing more to say that the staff at this location is wonderful. From the front desk (Domenica) tobartender (Mark) to the shuttle drivers, they make our stay one to remember. The airline change our reservations 2 hours prior of our original schedule and of course we miss the early flight, needless to say they allow me to recheck in (we had left half and hour before) and truly enjoyed and relaxed till our next flight. I recommend this hotel greatlly and as a marriott silver member one of the hotels with the best service i have encountered while staying at marriotts.. They do need some upgrading in the bathroom lighting, but otherwise a nice property.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reston
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel is located very close to the airport (but without the airport noise). A $4 shuttle ride will take you to the hotel, or for those more adventurous, follow the rail link signs and instead of getting on the rail, walk down the steps and then up the hill to the hotel.

You will find the usual good amenities (pool, exercise room, etc). My only small complaint was that I got two beds instead of a king size - and what made it worse was that I was contacted a few days prior stating that they would get me a king bed - I only had to ask (which I did).

Otherwise a very good hotel - would highly recommend it...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Seoul
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We have stayed here for years but our last two visits prompted my reviews. Pool hours at night are for adults only after 9 but we got out of the hot tubs as there were more children in the pool and hot tub than adults. I told a staff member and they just said that summer is a busy time. The buffet breakfast is good and worth adding to your room rate. The rooms are average, after being redone a couple of years ago. I have always been on the pool side, but the past two times the rooms were on the airport side. The widows are so dirty you can barely see out of them. There is only one elevator on the airport side of the hotel which is super slow. We always take the stairs. NOW...... they have decided to charge people to ride the airport shuttle. Are you kidding me? You are an airport hotel, that is your purpose. I will be going to the doubletree from now on. Rooms are often cheaper (This hotel is now charging around $250 a night) and I get the free shuttle. That is a shame because the pool used to be the highlight but now it just isn't worth it anymore. OH... I had completed the mobile check in but ended up waiting in line for 15 minutes behind everyone checking in. So, not sure what the purpose of that is.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room. Good luck.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Demica S, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Ms. Ann C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Seattle Airport Marriott. I know that when you are used to the property and it goes through changes, it can be frustrating and I am so sorry to hear that it is no longer a location you enjoy visiting. I will be taking the time to address the concerns that you mentioned, so we can ensure that future visits are more satisfactory. Your loyalty is very important to us and I hope that in the future we are able to regain your trust in our brand and property. Please feel free to reach out to me, by calling the property directly if there is anything I can assist you with.
Best regards,
Demica
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Arrived to see lovely completed renovations. Our room was comfortable and mostly quiet. We had some very active neighbors. Dinner at the restaurant was outstanding as was the bartender. Indoor and terrific pool complex. Short shuttle ride to airport. A definitely excellent airport hotel.

Stayed August 2014
Chicago IL
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 2 nights for a meeting. The meeting room always felt warm while the hallways outside were cool and pleasant. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant both evenings as well as both mornings. Ordering from the lunch menu and a simple a la carte breakfast, rather than the buffet, made all my dine-in meals delicious and affordable. Guest room fine, quiet but a bit of a hike. I did not face the pool.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank familygalChicagoIL
thank you for staying with us and the helpful feeback