“MORE PROS than CONS”

Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Richmond, TX
“MORE PROS than CONS”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Van drivers are some of the best in the States, front desk staff lacks hospitality, wait staff tends to be arrogant, maids are good at cleaning but outright rude!!! Tip the van drivers...rain or snow they are on time!!! They handle luggage professionally. Front desk always come off as over worked...I can not tell you how many times my room keys have not worked...I have stayed here at least 30 times a year...and I always anticipate I will have to return to the front desk and deal with someones attitude...really??? It is as if I broke the key on the way to the room. The waitstaff in the bar is to be avoided...I found that sitting up at the bar I not only get great service...even for to go food...but I am actually given the "Bar" menu with the "Bar" prices verses the restaurant menu with the restaurant prices while sitting in a bar. The maids clean the rooms well but..they let the doors fall onto the bar latch as they go back and forth from their cart...causing the entire wall to shake and a boom like you are inside Big Ben!!! I have even had them walk in my room without knocking...with the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door handle. The beds are comfortable...bedding and lines are nice, small average bathroom..only 1 person can get ready at 1 time. Location is great!!!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that look out onto the pool as the children can be loud. Also, if your room requires usi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank khobley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Korean first
España
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hotel is located close to the airport (free shuttle) so for a short stay berore or after a flight is perfect. Rooms are clean and spacious, staff very friendly but the best is if you travel with children.
Hotel has a very nice and big indoor pool in a huge hall imitating a rainforest where my childrens (ages 8&11) loved to play and relax (there are also 2 hot tubs).
Close to the airport there is also a train station that can take you to central Seattle in 30 minutes for 4.2$ if you have some more time.
We enjoyed much our stay. Thanks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We arrived late at night and some of our baggage missed the connection flight. This we required a return trip to the airport after midnight to pick up the missing baggage. The shuttle driver was always available within minutes to pick us up.

The hotel is on a hill a couple of blocks from the main street and the entrance to the airport. There is a light rail station on the main street at the bottom of the hill. The light rail travels from the airport to downtown for about $3.00. There are also several buses on the main street with excellent service to nearby cities. There is a large mall a couple miles away from the hotel that offers free transportation in the afternoon to and from the hotel.

The front desk clerk checked us in within a couple of minutes. We were in our rooms in less than five minutes of our arrival.

The rooms were average in size. The bathroom has a combination shower and tub. There is a large circular shower head with a very good stream of water. There is a single sink with a large counter top.

There is a large desk that with plenty of work space. The Internet speed was excellent without any connections problems. The rooms had a temperature control thermostatic.
The bedding was excellent with very soft and firm pillows.

We did not have enough time to try out the lobby restaurant and the indoor pool.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms around the pool. Upper levels facing the airport.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
White Salmon, Washington
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This property is located just a few blocks from the SeaTac International airport. The hotel is not new, but very well maintained, and up to the Marriott standard. The kids really enjoyed the Atrium pool and gardens. It was like a fort within a hotel and they just loved the Atrium and especially the pool. The room was quite comfortable and cozy. The mattress could use turning, but otherwise there is very little else to complain about.

The service really made our stay. I called down and asked for the concierge and was pleased when Jordan told me she would be able to get me reservations for 5 at Saltys. While we all enjoyed the pool she was able to get us a view table for 5 on short notice!! Her customer service was fantastic and only added to the whole experience. Thank you Marriott for the wonderful stay!

Room Tip: They have rooms that have a patio that opens up to the pool....
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We only stayed here one night at the end of traveling through BC and Washington, and it was good, very clean. We weren't there long enough to try the pool but staff were very helpful when the AC wasn't working (there was a rare heat wave), helped us get into a different room. Only 10 minutes to the airport, no non-chain restaurants in the area but lots of chains at the nearby huge mall, so location is good

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to see that you had an issue with your AC, but pleased it was quickly resolved. Please come see us the next time you are traveling through the area.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2013

his is a lovely facility and located across from the airport in Seattle. In terms of the facility, it is what I would expect at a Marriott Hotel. Also, it has unique features like an atrium with a pool the middle and that kind of "lodge feel" that one might associate with Seattle. There was a free shuttle to the airport.

However, in terms of service, it ranks as the worst experience in my stays at Marriott Hotels. I checked in just before 9 PM. I asked for a quiet room. I was given a room in close proximity to the elevator, almost adjacent to the area where service personal were moving things in and out and a patio door which faced the pool. I was told that if the room was not quiet enough, it could be changed. I should have immediately asked for a change in room. As it was late, I tried to turn on the television a few moments before going to bed. The TV would not come on. I contacted the front desk and was told someone would be coming to fix the problem. I got ready for bed and still no one came to fix the TX when I finished. At this point, I looked at the back of the TV and wiggled cords. I was able to turn on the TV, but had poor reception. I found that if I moved one cord in a certain way, that the reception was good. I called the front desk back and told them I would not need the repair. The cord to the TV in room 120 (the yellow one) needs to be fixed.

Around 10 PM I tried to go to bed. Although I was told that there should be no children in the pool after 9 PM, and that adults must be quiet, this was not the case. At 10:30 PM I called the front desk. About 10 minutes later, I observed a couple of families with children wrapped in towels exit the pool area. However, there were more noisy people in the pool and the noise resumed. I contacted the front desk about the continued noise and was told they would get me a different room. Ten more minutes, no new room key. At this point, I packed everything up and went to the front desk. I finally got a key to quiet room. I was told I had an upgrade of a breakfast that began at 6 AM. I indicated I was leaving at 5 AM and that would not be necessary. At this point, all I wanted was to get to sleep what little was left of it.

Room Tip: If you want any sleep, ask for a room that DOES NOT face the pool!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank professor310740
I am so sorry for your experience. It sounds like a very disapointing stay, and I cannot blame you. Your feedback is so valuable. The opportunities that we had to fix this visit before you even went to bed are many, and I apologize again for not giving you the service that we should have. I am following up with my team and will reach out to you personally to take care of this stay.

Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed at the Seattle Airport Marriott for a business convention and was overall pleased with my stay. It is not directly at the airport, so you take a shuttle to the property which is only a few minutes away. What I liked most about this hotel was the swimming pool area which is indoors but actually feels like you are outside due to the beautifully maintained landscaping and very high atrium ceiling. This allows for year round swimming, which is great.

The rooms were slightly dated but still were pleasant. The lobby area and restaurant bar area are also very nice. I am a Marriott Gold member and had my afternoon snack and a glass of wine in the executive lounge, which was very pleasant.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad to see that you were able to enjoy our atrium and its surroundings. I also hope that you enjoyed your convention. Thank you for your loyalty to our brand.