“Nice hotel and excellent service”

Seattle Airport Marriott
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here one night back in September. It is a very nice and very large hotel, just a few minutes from the airport by shuttle. Excellent customer service and friendly staff. It is a convenient place to stay the night before flying home. The breakfast was good. They have a Hertz desk inside as well and a drop off box for dropping your keys after hours. It worked out great for us.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cb714me
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I will share this feedback with my team. Please come see us again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hotel is close to airport, so easy to and from there. It is also walking distance from light rail $2.75 to downtown. Many stay here overnight before a cruise, so shuttle service to pier is frequent. hertz car rental is in the hotel.

Rooms were good, fairly priced. Not a budget hotel, but excellent value for all that is offered.

restaurant and bar offered good food at reasonable prices. Excellent breakfast buffet, too.

Lobby is very comfy, fireplace, and posts airline status board in lobby. You can also print boarding passes, too.

Front desk staff were very helpful, too. Air crews stay here often.

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool on lower floors can be noisy, in the evening, but were quiet by 10 pm.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allen501

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I hope that we get to see you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

First off, I always consult tripadvisor when I search for hotels but this is my first time actually writing a review. That's how affected I was by my stay.

I was exhausted, coming in from a red-eye flight, and wanted to get as much sleep as possible before a long day. I checked in at 5AM and proceeded to my room, which I found out was located on the ground floor overlooking the pool, and discovered that the bed was actually a sofa bed with a lumpy mattress that was sagging in the middle. When I inspected the bedding, I only saw a couple of sheets and a very thin quilt.

I immediately went back to the front desk and requested a different room with a normal bed, to which the response was, "We're all full and don't have anything else available, since you came in at such an early hour. You can try again in a couple hours."
Granted, the guy at the front desk did seem apologetic and asked if there was anything he could do, but didn't offer me any vouchers for discounts, etc. as compensation.

Frustrated and thirsty, I went in search of a vending machine before heading back to my room and discovered that the vending machine on my floor was sold out of everything.
I went back to my room and as I was too exhausted to wait a couple of hours to see if I had the possibility of getting a real room, decided to suck it up and get "comfortable"/sleep.

Around 10AM, I was woken up by sounds from the pool, of shrieking kids and whatnot. I laid in "bed" for awhile and then I started hearing sounds from the room next door, through the paper-thin walls. I could literally hear EVERYTHING. I am usually a person who can sleep anywhere, under almost any conditions but this was too much. My back was also starting to hurt from the "mattress" so I gave up on trying to sleep.

Around 2PM, the maid walked in all of the sudden, without knocking and regardless of the fact that I had the Do Not Disturb sign on my door. All I can say is, good thing I was wearing some decent clothes.

I was shocked by this hotel, one that considers itself a Marriott nonetheless. What kind of a hotel uses a sofabed as a bed?! They shouldn't even be using that room as a real room. And while I get that the pool in the atrium of the hotel is a pretty cool idea as a design, it's NOT PRACTICAL!! At least provide earplugs to your guests who have rooms facing the pool.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Sarah H

I am so sorry for the experience that you had at my hotel. Your story is embarrassing and disturbing to hear from one of our guests. The feedback that you have is very valuable and I will share it with our team. I hope that you mentioned this feedback while here and were taken care of. I will reach out to you and make sure that we have done right by you for the unacceptable experience.

Sincerely

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Well my family has stayed here before and had an excellent stay overall, but our last stay only a few days ago was if-y. The rooms and pool were great, but the dinner restaurant service was terrible and ridiculous, but the breakfast service was great

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Tonychubbs

I am so sorry that you were not happy with the service that was provided in our restaurant. Your feedback is very valuable for us to share with our staff. I can understand the dissapointment that you could feel when trying to get away with your family and not getting the service that you expect. If you find yourself coming to our hotel again, please contact me. I will make sure that you are taken care of.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This hotel could have, but did not exploit me for showing up after midnight without a reservation. My wife and I were "bumped" from a red-eye flight. leaving us 3000 mles from home without our luggage and without lodging.

The front desk agent on duty gave us the bedroom portion of a suite, provided us with an enviable suppy of toiletries at no charge, and gave us a rate $100 lower than she could have charged, given the situation.. Bravo.

We were on ourway th next day...and appreciated the hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank QuirkyNW

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. It is never pleasant to get bumped off a flight, and I am glad that we were able to help you with that situation. If you travel to our area again in the future, please come and stay longer.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed w my fam here for a single night. Arrived before check in and but they accommodated us no prob. Hotel is a 5 min free shuttle ride fr Seatac airport. Had a late lunch and service and good were solid. Room and all hotel areas seemed new and well kept. Kids loved the indoor pool. We got access to the concierge level thanks to my traveling god work and the view, snacks and buffet breakfast were nice as well. The hotel is not in a fancy part of town but the light rail is just down the hill that will take you into downtown via 30 min ride. If you are touring Seattle, better to stay closer to center of town but this is a great stopover spot for those wanting to be close to airport.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Dcrobson

Thank you so much for the review on our hotel. I am happy that your family enjoyed the hotel and you were provided with a convenient alternative to staying downtown. Please come see us again.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

From the atrium-like central area (with a swimming pool, trees, and replica totem poles representing the Native American tribes in the Seattle region) to the main lobby, restaurant, and meeting areas, this hotel is so well-designed that it would fit anywhere in the Seattle area.

Staff are very gracious and attentive. Service level is very high. I stayed with my family for four (4) nights and did not have any problems with the rooms (we had two rooms between us), maintenance,maid service, or airport transportation.

My Son attended a convention at the hotel while my wife and I tooled around Seattle, Tacoma, and the Kitsap Peninsula. A short walk to the SEA-TAC Light Rail Station allowed us to take a 25 minute trip to Pioneer Square and Pike Place Market when we did not want to drive downtown and deal with parking.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank James Q

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. Your kind feedback is always awesome to bring back to our staff to show the impact that we have on guests. I hope that your son enjoyed his conference.