“There has to be a better choice!”

Seattle Airport Marriott
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just got back from Seattle and had a great time, with the exception of the Airport Marriott. First of all, plan on adding $20.00 per day if you are planning on parking a car. Second, add $13.00 per day if you plan on using the internet at all. (So, to recap, they didn't charge us extra for running water, but everything else that they could of charged us for, they did, up to and including over charging for postage stamps--$3.00 for four stamps!!) To enter their parking area you had to swipe your room key for the gate to open. Ours did not work and we were trapped more or less in the parking lot. So we got them to fix our room key so we could leave the parking lot and when we got back to the hotel, the key did not work to open our room! The room was small, and the window had a broken seal. There were four of us (my wife and myself and two daughters,) and they only gave us three towels. To top it all off, on the last night when we stayed an additional night from the school group trip that we were on, they messed up on our reservations and checked us out of our room. All of our stuff was still in the room, and yet our key would not open the door. I am giving it one star because I love to hear the peaceful sounds of 747's at night!

Room Tip: Look for the Double Tree!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Shannon n Dave A

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at the Seatac Marriott at the close of my business trip to the NW Washington region. The rest was great - I slept very well until my alarm woke me (early) to prepare for my early return flight. If not for that I would have slept extremely well! The room was comfortable and quiet. Everything was clean.
The shuttle service was good; I did return my rental car early as there was a fee to park on site.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel is great! All the rooms are comfortable, the amenities are nice, and the staff is friendly. The indoor pool is fantastic; an oasis in the Pacific Northwest. It could be pouring rain outside, but it's still comfortable and enjoyable inside. I would stay here again...the only problem is that it is a little ways from the city, but conveniently located to the airport.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the pool...much better view than on the outside staring into a tree.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights for business. First the good- airport shuttle consistently timely and fast, nice restaurant with excellent food and service, lively bar and lounge, nice swimming pool area (this is in the center of the hotel complex- rooms all around it) and small but very well equipped fitness room - plenty of cardio machines, free weights and weight machines. Nicely appointed concierge lounge. The bad, you ask? I was disappointed in the rooms. This could've been a lower level chain hotel from inside them. Spartan, dated, shower curtain in the very old looking tub, very few amenities. Heck- not even bath and body works shower gel - just bar soap. Too bad. Just not real comfortable here. But everyone was pleasant, friendly and responsive. A great lobby and bar is important - but I can't sleep there ....spend some money to make your room accommodations better.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank lawdogs1
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed here for one night because we had a morning flight departing from SEA. Check in was efficient and pleasant. My husband decided to return our rental car early and the front desk arranged the van to pick him up at the rental facility - no waiting! Also, no parking fee. We enjoyed the concierge lounge both in the evening and morning. It had very nice food and beverage offerings. We also enjoyed the pool and hot tub. We will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank farawayMN
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I will preface this review by indicating that we were checking in with having arrived in Seattle after flying from Heathrow through JFK and a cross country flight to Seattle. Tired and cold, we stood outside waiting over 25 minutes for the shuttle that was promised to make the rounds every 15 minutes. We called the hotel twice from the courtesy phone, being told they were on the way. We gave up and walked to the hotel. This involved dragging 2 weeks of luggage through the airport large parking lot, across to the light rail platform and up a hill to the hotel. When we told the staff that the shuttle never arrived, there was no apology, no comment. Mark, the bartender, was a delight with quickly fulfilling my order for French onion soup so I could warm up. The room is very average. It is next to the elevators but there was no noise intrusion. The next morning, we were trying to catch our flight home and the shuttle again kept us waiting 25 minutes. Two pilots were pacing in the front entry, clearly frustrated about the wait. My husband spoke to the staff 3 times about the arrival of the shuttle. The front desk staff finally called the shuttle driver on the 3rd time as the shuttle was pulling into the drive. Our stay was on my Marriott points and was supposed to be free. I gave an imprint of my card on check in, without really thinking about it. I knew we had a very short stay. Imagine my surprise at getting a $3 bill for the bottled water in the room that we never touched. We are far from naive travelers and never touch the water in the room. I sent an immediate email and was assured that the charge would be reversed. Our statement came today and the charge was still on our statement. I hate having to waste time over a measly $3 but I am steamed to think that this is the way other travelers would be treated. So overall, I cannot justify the service, room or my stay to anything over a poor. I waited to post this to see if my irritability was just due to jet lag, but it really was the low point of a two week trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xterrared
Reviewed March 28, 2013

So no one stays at airport hotels for the amenities or prime location. It is about convenience. They major on stranded travelers or the front end or back end of trips when travelers really are just looking for a bed. So I have found airport hotels mostly underwhelming. But this one is really nice. It is a relatively unique Marriott with a very nice indoor pool/courtyard that many of the rooms look into which would be great for kids. The exercise room is adequate. The room was nice. I would rather stay downtown, but if I don’t want to fight traffic for an early flight or get in really late or have a meeting in the SeaTac area, I often stay here.

Room Tip: Inside rooms with a view of the courtyard are nicer than outside rooms with a view of the airport.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business