“Tiny Hobbit sized room with huge furniture”

Seattle Airport Marriott
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Portland, Oregon
“Tiny Hobbit sized room with huge furniture”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was here for two days on business and can't say that I really enjoyed it all that much. I had a room on the first floor and maybe it's just that floor, but the room was tiny! I had to set up the ironing board and found myself doing the furniture dance to move around the room to get the job done. The bed, chair, ottoman, desk, dresser and nightstands were far too oversized for that tiny little room. I'm just over 5' tall and I could stand on my toes and touch the ceiling in the bathroom and entry into the room. Just a bizarre room overall. Beverages in the bar were GROSSLY overpriced, but I guess one should just come to expect that a hotel next to the airport is obscenely expensive. If it were paid for by work, I wouldn't choose to come here.

Room Tip: Maybe try another floor other than the first. My room was Hobbit sized.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking your time out to post a review of our hotel. I am truely sorry that you left with an impression of discontent. Some of our rooms, mostly as you say on the 1st floor, can be considered small. And being the airport I can also understand that the pricing out here in all of the hotels can seem inflated to some. I hope that our level of service and my staff made up for some of your experience. If it did not, I would love the chance to speak with you about it. Enjoy your holidays.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Korean first
Livingston, Texas
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is how I like to stay when I visit a city. Friendly, professional staff ready and willing to greet you at the door and help you with whatever you need. Very clean, comfortable, well appointed rooms. Room service was fantastic. Restaurant food was delicious.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the atrium where the pool is may be noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I am happy that my staff left an impression on you. Enjoy your holidays.

california
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have stayed at this property many times and I am very impressed with all the staff. Kind welcoming, efficient. They make you feel like a valued customer. The shuttle driver radioed ahead and had keys ready.

I was surprised and delighted to get a personal hand written thank you note and fruit platter from the AGM Drew H.

Outstanding attention to detail and great service.

Thank you!

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff and they take care of you. Make sure you leave a little something for the house...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank paddyboyfoley
Thank you again for your loyalty to our hotel, as well as taking your time out to post such a nice review. It is our pleasure to take care of your stays, and provide a small token of apprecaition now and then.

Enjoy your Holidays

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Great place to stay when needing an airport hotel. Extremely comfy beds and an airport shuttle that leaves every 15 minutes. A good Starbucks-style coffee bar for the morning. I highly recommend this hotel. Wi fi in the lobby, too. Very relaxing lobby with a nice fireplace.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Glad to hear your experience went as expected at our hotel. Thank you for taking your time out to post a review. Enjoy your holidays.

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We had a very early AM flight out of Sea-Tac, and this hotel worked perfectly. Free shuttle to the airport every 15 mins, starting @ 4AM. Well-appointed room, comfortable bed. One quibble: the heavy duvet (meant to be a luxury) was much too warm. We ended up turning off the heat in the room, but it was still too heavy to be really comfortable. Still, if you need easy access to the airport, this is a very convenient and pleasant way to arrange it. N

Stayed December 2012
2 Thank RinNYC
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am sorry that the duvet was too much for your comfort. For your future visits, we do have lighter blankets for those that request them. Although that is a rare request we have alternative options avaiable. I hope that we get to see you the next time you fly in or out of Seattle.

Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed December 2, 2012

What a great experience I had while I was a guest there! First of all I didn't choose this hotel, my company did. I stayed 5 days there and really enjoyed it. My room was big and comfortable, very clean, amenities were nice (from a well-known cosmetics brand), shower was good and food was delicious. Staff was kind and friendly, from receptionists to dining room servers. Food was really tasty, I had all meals there (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and really enjoyed it. There are a few good options for food and the price was also OK. They also offer a free shuttle to the airport and to a huge shopping mall not far from the hotel. There is also a swimming pool, a coffee shop and a small gift shop inside the hotel. I could keep going about how amazed I was by the services they offered and how great the whole staff is but I guess you already realized by now how satisfied I was as a guest, right? :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Maritje
Thank you so much for the review of our hotel. I especially apprecaite the pictures. Thank you for taking your time to do all of this work. It is great feeback and recognition for my team. And we hope to see you next time you come back to Seattle.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is terrible. The room was tiny, outdated and it had no fridge. The pillows and towels smelled gross.And at about 9:30 you can still hear the noise from the people at the pool. Everything is also extremely overpriced. The coffee shop, restaurant, oh and there's a $20 parking fee by the way. Don't waste your time or money on this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank xdanax
I am sorry that you left with this opinion of our hotel. The comments about the smell of our linen is not something I hear much of, but it is great feedback for my team, and I will look into it. I am sorry that you felt that we were overpriced. More great feedback, but I assure you we are competitively priced in our market. I hope that your stay does not keep you from using other Marriott Hotels in the future.

Regards