“Worth the stay”

Seattle Airport Marriott
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband and I traveled down to Seattle overnight to attend an event. We didn't expect much from a hotel located next to an airport but were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean, in fact, all of the hotel was immaculate. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. We found the restaurant to have reasonable prices and loved the atrium area for a relaxed setting. There are plenty of stores, restaurants and even a movie theatre located 5 minutes down the road. Though, we didn't use the pool or gym areas it was clear that both were being enjoyed by other guests and again it appeared to be well maintained. The women's facilities located near the pool could use an upgrade and we were not happy with the parking stalls outside. Those stall need to be redone to accommodate the vehicles most people are driving. You had to squeeze in to your space and then hope you had enough room to open your door wide enough to get luggage out. We parked around the back too but found the problem was the same. Also, pay attention to the sign that lets you know to see the front desk re: activating your room card for parking. We initially missed that and were charged $10. The valet attendant who came over to the gate didn't bother to explain either, even though we said we were guests. Thankfully they reversed the charges at the front desk when we returned. Overall, good hotel with everything available to make your stay an easy one.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am happy that the convenience of the airport and lightrail worked well for your trip. I apologize that I am not aware if we are out of the norm on parking stall sizes. That is a great question that I will look into. You are correct in that I would like to see the downstairs restrooms get redone as well. Feedback such as yours helps us put priorities to some of our capital improvements. Your expereince with the parking is also very valuable, as we obviously missed the mark on walking you through our system upon check-in. I am glad that you had a great stay none the less, and I hope to see you next time you stay in the area.

There are newer reviews for Seattle Airport Marriott

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Rooms were clean comfortable and quiet. Beautiful pool and spa area.

I sat at a table in the bar area for 10 minutes waiting to be served. Despite making eye contact with the waitress numerous times, she did not come to my table and acted as if I was not there. I finally gave up and sat at the bar and had excellent service from the bartender.

In the morning the shuttle to the airport was mobbed with people jockeying for position to get on the bus. When I asked if they were going to run two shuttles (because it was clear we were not all going to fit) no one seemed to know, or to know who could make that decision. I asked 3 different staff members if they were going to run an extra shuttle. They finally did run the extra shuttle and we all got on, but it could have been a lot more organized.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. Responses such as yours are rare, but highly apprceiated as they are valuable responses for me to bring our staff. The lack of service that you observed should not have happened, and I apologize for that experience. I hope that you give us another chance next time you are coming through the area. I know that we would not let you down.

Regards

Reviewed August 20, 2012

stayed here before and after a cruise. 3 blocks from the airport so easily walkable. There is a free hotel shuttle to the airport that runs almost continuously. Do not take an internal room next to the pool. When we stayed, parents allowed their little kids to play in the pool at 0700 in the morning. It woke us up. We also stayed in a room in the tower and it was quieter. No much airport noise either.

The office suite offered computer access and free printing. We did not pay for the WiFi.

This hotel is also extremely convenient to the light rail system for access to downtown Seattle.

Room Tip: avoid internal rooms by the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaryNCTHandJH

Thank you for visting our hotel and writing a review. I can understand your comments about our poolside rooms. Depending on the families in the hotel, there can be children playing early in the morning. I am happy that you were able to have a good stay and apprecaited the convenience on the hotel. The Lightrail has been a big hit for us here at the airport.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed one night after a flight into Sea-Tac Airport -- the airport shuttle was quick & the driver was friendly. The ride to the hotel was really short (5-7 mins).

Check-in was busy when I arrived but the two staff members were fast, friendly & efficient.
The lobby is beautiful -- very open and welcoming and looks like the inside of a cozy lodge with a bar not too far from the front entrance.

The rooms are located around the atrium with the pool/fitness center. The pool area was beautiful, clean and had lots of sitting areas to relax.

I used the fitness center in the morning & was impressed with the layout and equipment. LOVED the cool towels in the mini-fridge & apples after the workout!

Overall a great stay! Just wish I had more time to enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for writing a reveiw of our hotel. We are very proud of our excercise facility, and appreciate your comments. Please come see us again during your travels.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife and I got in very late on our flight into Seattle. Called the hotel and 10 minutes later shuttle picked us up. This was just a stopover for us to get to sleep asap after our very long flight. Room was very nice, typical Marriott. Very close to the airport for coming and going. Restaurant served nice breakfast and indoor atrium with nice size pool to relax. We only stayed one night but I have a friend that travels a lot to Seattle and this is his choice of stay (he recommended it to me). If I ever get out to the NW again, this will be another stop over hotel. Very nice Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our hotel. I am happy to see that our service goals were all met and that you enjoyed your "stopover". We look forward to the next time you fly into the area.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Very impressive layout; the hotel is built in a square around the central lobby/pool area. The problem is, that layout makes things extremely loud. If anybody speaks above a normal tone in that area, you will hear it in the room, even with the TV on and the window shut. The night we stayed, a large group of people came walking through the lobby at 2:00 a.m., talking loudly, yelling, even smacking the walls. I could see several hotel employees though my window, and none of them did anything to stop the noise. It didn't stop for a half hour.

The hotel also nickle and dimes you for any little thing. You'll pay 150 dollars for a room, but what they DON'T tell you when you make the reservation is that there are additional charges on top. Want to park your car at the hotel? $20 (ripoff, there's no free parking at the hotel!) Want internet in the room? $15. I felt like we were lied to about the price.

Overall, nice-looking hotel, but be prepared to spend more than you think.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am sorry that you felt some of our amenities should be provided complimentary. I can understand your view. I assure you that we are competitive with all of the full service hotels in our area. It seems as though you still enjoyed your stay. Your feedback on the noise at ngiht is great feedback to give to my staff. I apologize that some of your rest was disturbed. We hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Regards

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Would not recommend staying longer than a night here if you desire any space in your room. The bed was about eight inches from the wall and other furntiture was also crammed into this tiny room. VERY low hall ceilngs and a small room gave the impression that the building plans called for more attention to enhancing revenue per square foot than guest comfort. However, if you can sleep in the lobby or pool area both are spacious and impressive. Overall- just ok place to set your head before departing on an early flight- nothing more.

Room Tip: Ask the lobby clerk for directions to the closet elevator to your room or you may end up walking a m...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for writing a review of my hotel. Your feedback is always very valuable to me and my staff. I understand that some our rooms can seem small, and that our lobby and pool are great escape areas. Please come see us the next time you are in the are and flying out.