“Welcome to Hotel Hell: Pandemonium from Midnight to 4:21”

Seattle Airport Marriott
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Atlanta, Georgia
“Welcome to Hotel Hell: Pandemonium from Midnight to 4:21”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The Good: Beds were comfortable. Valets were very friendly and helpful.

The Bad: any Airport Hotel is an indicator (never wrong yet, so I really should call it a Guarantee) that maintenance and condition will be dated, or minimal. A warm, humid hotel with old carpeting; The hallway on the 6th floor had a thick cloud of tobacco smoke hanging in the air like a frat house pool room on a Saturday morning where you wake up at noon asking "Where am I? WHO am I?

The Ugly: The party of 100-200 rowdy screaming drunks started in the parking lot at midnight, paused briefly at 2:22 when the police came for the first time, then continued until 4:21 when the police returned (for the second time). Calls to the front desk were politely answered with "security is looking into it" with as much confidence as a politician's promise to look into lowering taxes. The two hours of rest I got in before my morning flight guarantees that 1) I will ALWAYS ask and NEVER stay at any hotel that has a "Group booking" and b) if I am ever surprised like this again, I will leave the hotel immediately, and get a refund.

What a disaster. Fortunately for all involved I was traveling unarmed. My worst Marriott experience in a decade of Platinum traveling with them. I should have stayed at the "America's Best Value Inn" even though THAT chain is much like a bus station in Pakistan.

Room Tip: Stay at the Marriott in downtown Seattle on the water, it's nice, and clean, and QUIET.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 57Horses
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
I am truely sorry for the night that you had at my hotel. I will contact you personally and rebate your room if it was not yet. I was here that evening, and we did have an unruly group that night. It is a VERY rare occurance here, and I understand how they could have interrupted some of our guest's night sleep. Please do not leave with that experience as one that happens in our, or any Marriott Hotel often, but it can happen. Thank you for giving us your feedback.

Talk to you soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Korean first
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My best friend and I take a yearly vacation and Seattle was our next stop. Last minute, we decided to stay at this hotel for 2 nights. It was awesome! It had a lodge type feel and the front desk workers were helpful and friendly. We stopped at the bar for a drink and the bartender was a fine gentleman who was happy to serve us. The highlight of the hotel: incredibly close to public transportation. You can walk down the hill and hop on the Sound Transit. It took us 20 minutes and $2.50 to get to the Space Needle (had to see it). I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking your time out to review my hotel. It is always a pleasure to read about a guests great experience. As you have mentioned, the opening of the Lightrail to downtown has been one of the greatest things for the airport area. We have guests using it every day. Take care and please stay with us next time you are in the area.

Best Regards
Vermont
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed one night while getting ready to fly out the next day. We were pleasantly surprised that a room was available despite our early arrival and the following day, check out was not until 1 p.m. I thought the price was great and our room rate included breakfast buffet for our family of four. We had two meals in restaurant, both very good. Airport shuttle was convenient and all staff we came in contact with were helpful and nice. There were parts of the hotel I thought were dated but things were clean and well maintained. Bed was comfortable and we felt at home. My only negative comment was the Wifi -- I could rarely get connected to the lobby wifi which i understand was free and it was necessary to pay $12.95 to use wifi in the room. Disappointed about that because we traveled all over Washington state during past two weeks and even near Mount Rainier out lodging had free wifi (yet no cell phone service) and here we were next to airport and couldn't have free wifi.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am happy that is seemed as though you had a great stay. Your stay seemed to be over the timeframe that we were switching our internet infrastructure over, and we did have many connectivity issues during that period. I apologize for that inconvenience. I know that many guests come to expect free wifi in our roooms, but I am sad to say that free internet is only available in our public spaces at this time. Please come see us again.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

The check-in staff is first rate. The shuttle service is outstanding. The rooms are small and a bit aged. The bathrooms are disappointing for Marriott. The rooms are a little noisy. Another item that hurt my experience was the internet service was a spotty and my Verizon Cell Phone service did not work very well in the room (I recognize that this is not the hotel's fault).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review of my hotel. I am sorry that we were not able to exceed your needs. We have just refurbished all of the infrastructure of our internet, and it should be faster and more consistant than ever. It is possible that you caught us in the middle of that process. I can apprecaite your comments on our rooms. Being a 32 year old property, they can seem small to todays standards. Please come see us again next time you are traveling through the area.

Central PA
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here before and after our cruise. Both nights, the rooms were clean and quiet. The beds were soft and cozy. We enjoyed room service, and the food was good. Restaurant seemed too expensive for us. No other restaurants to walk to. We did walk to the convenience store to get some snacks and breakfast items. We got to the room early after the cruise, and our room was ready. LOVED the shower. The shuttle service to the airport was a real plus. The atrium was a nice place to sit and relax. We were short a towel in the room, but staff were quick to respond to the need.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time out to write a review of my hotel. We strive to make all our guest's stays excellent experiences. I am sorry that the restaurant did not meet your needs, but happy to see that you found substinence close by. Please come see us again.

Warm Regards
West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife,daughter and two granddaughters enjoyed a two day stay while the granddaughters partipated in an Irish Feis. Our rooms were very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. Our limited contact with staff, we were impressed with their friendliness.
We did not eat in the hotel but there appeared ample space for eating.
Our only suggestion would be to a microwave oven in the rooms, but that is because our granddaughters like to warm up food.
I would certainly recommend this place especially if you are flying in or out of Seattle.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side opposite the airport.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of my hotel. We certainly love having the SRS Dance for life group at the hotel. It has been a great partnership for many years, and there is nothing cuter than all kids running around with their curls and dancing up a storm. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your time. We hope to see you next year.

Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Truly great experience and you have to take your hat off to a wonderful staff. Speedy check in and very accommodating. Breakfast staff was superb, shuttle staff superb and they truly made you feel like a valued guest. Only thing I thought was that the room rate for an airport hotel I thought was a little high.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of your stay at my hotel. It is great to hear about when things go as planned. I can understand that the rates do seem high as we are in our peak season. We try to be a value for those guests that are looking for an alternative to staying downtown. Thank you again for your review.

Best Regards