“Nice Marriott Experience”

Seattle Airport Marriott
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed here one night on a business trip. The entrance reminded me of Hawaii with the think flowering foliage out front. It gave it a tropical feel although we were in Seattle. I wish I knew what kind of flowers they were. Anyway, very nice lobby and atrium were the large pool was located. The room was typical, with two distinguishing points. I was on the 6th floor which is right above the atrium so my window opened to the atrium roof top. Strange but I wasn't there for the view so it didn't really matter to me. Someone else may want a room on a lower floor to take advantage of viewing the atrium area. Or maybe a higher floor just to get some separation from the atrium roof. On the plus side. It was very quiet. I couldn't here anything outside the window. No neighbor noise. Only a occasional person passing my door in the hallway. Great quiet sleep. I also enjoyed the Concierge lounge on the 8th floor. It was on the smaller side but they were not too busy and the food was great. Also, I was offered my choice of welcome gift because of my platinum status. I received two waters and a double chocolate Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Great. I love being allowed to select my welcome gift.

Overall a great stay. I would recommend this place and would gladly stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for your review on our hotel. It is always a pleasure to read when we hit if off as planned with our guests. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. As far as the flowers, it could have been the rododendrons, we have tons of them around the hotel :) Thank you for your continued loyalty to Marriott, and I hope that we get to see you next time you are in our area.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

This was a one night layover stay on our way from the east coast to Japan, chosen for the proximity to the airport, the hotel shuttle and a discount we had available to us. Overall it is a very nicely run hotel, a friendly staff and the valet / shuttle drivers are the best...they are the "go-to" people at this place, more on that later. The hotel is built atrium style with the pool and hot tub in the center with some nice vegetation all around, the exercise room is nicely set up as well. Our room and the hallways leading to it could use some refreshing, maybe new rugs or at least a shampoo once in a while to give it a fresher odor and get rid of that old smell, otherwise it was nice enough. As mentioned, we had a discount however had I paid the full going rate I would have been disappointed by the expenditure.

There are no local amenities within walking distance so you are a captive if without a car. The hotel restaurant is rather expensive and the only store nearby is a 7-11 however there are no restaurants or pubs within walking distance. The valets came to our rescue and offered to drop us off at a teriyaki joint (I think it's named "Happy Teriyaki") located around 1 mile away which is on their route to the airport.....and told us the hotel where the restaurant is located has a shuttle that we could use for the ride back. This was great since I did not want to drop a $100 bill on dinner and another $40 on a breakfast buffet on top of the room charge. And no - they don't offer a continental breakfast as do the other surrounding hotels but they do serve Starbucks coffee in the gift shop with some thawed out pastries. Due to a foot injury walking very far was not an easy task so off we went in the van to enjoy what turned out to be a very good meal at a reasonable price and with a $5 tip to the other shuttle driver brought us door to door service.

We will not stay there again due to it's remoteness from any surrounding amenities and the travel-ROI (traveler's return on investment) there are other less expensive choices to spend a night, many with a pub or eatery within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for your review on our hotel. Your feedback is very valuable. I totally understand your comments on the lack of our surrounding area. It is great to hear that our drivers / bellmen were able to point you in the right direction for your needs. I hope that you reconsider your expereince and choose to stay with us next time that you are in the area.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Overall a decent hotel in a good location for airport departure. We only stayed one night, and chose the hotel based on location, membership/rewards and the indoor pool. Our daughter loves to swim, and she gave a big thumbs up to the pool here - although it was quite busy with many other families too. Room service was good, and the staff in general were quite helpful. Our room was next to the pool and, upon check-in we were told there was a rollaway in the room and a refrigerator too - neither statement true. The sliding door to the pool was slightly broken and very difficult to "slide" on the track. Would we stay here again? Probably, yes, due mainly to the convenience of departing SEA. The hotel is less than 5-minutes to car rental return, offers a free shuttle and allows for easier travel. In the end it serves its purpose well.

Room Tip: If you do not want pool access stay on a high floor, facing east for less noise. First floor offer d...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. I apologize for our service failure in not delivering your requested items. I hope that we delivered them right away when you noted they were not there. I am happy that the instance did not ruin your stay, and we look forward to you bringing your family back the next time you fly out, or are in our area.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed here after arriving late to SEA for a connection to Tokyo the next day. The shuttle was efficient and check-in very quick. The lounge and lobby area are very nice to hang out in with plenty of seating in comfy leather chairs and couches. There is also a nice hang out area in the pool atrium with couches and tables. Since it was late when we arrived, the restaurant was closed and we didn't want to deal with room service so we walked to the nearby Denny's which is about a 10 minute easy walk. I believe there are other dining options in the area too, just ask the front desk. As other reviews said, room was fairly small, but ours was clean and the bathroom was just fine. I used the pool and spa facilities in the morning since I had an afternoon flight and it was a great way to kill time. Very business oriented hotel so hardly anyone in the pool area. It was very relaxing. I would definitely stay here again if the price was right and I had a SEA layover.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. The goal of our hotel is to make everything easy for our guests and provide a small oasis in the midst of thier travels. It is great to see when that happens. I hope that we get to see you the next time your travel brings you to our area.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

As a disclaimer, I did not stay the night , but attended a conference for the second year in a row here. I liked the conference facilities. This huge room was well laid out, large, and pleasant. Staff kept water pitchers on each table full of ice water at all times, there were actual glass glasses, and the coffee service was always in service. The chandeliers were extremely attractive. There was space for conference vendors. A continental breakfast was served as well as morning and afternoon breaks and the food prepared by the hotel was wonderful The lunch was absolutely great -- fresh, healthy, attractive , but here's the kicker -- it was served in the atrium and this is why I would consider taking the light rail which stops two blocks from the hotel for an overnight stay here. The atrium is like a tropical paradise. It is enormous -- so large that you lose the sense of being in an enclosed space, and actually feel like you are outdoors somewhere warm and tropical. I counted at least half a dozen full grown trees, and numerous large tropical plants. The layout is arranged on various levels to create the impression of many nooks and crannies, visiting areas, spaces for conversation or privacy. The pool itself is irregularly shaped and seems to wind through the area. There is a stream and small water fall, at a slightly higher level and a little bridge. There are many nice pieces of natural woven furniture with cushions -- very Williams-Sonoma --arranged in various configurations. The entire ceiling of this massive space is glass so there is natural light flooding in, even on the cold days. There are two good sized hot tubs as well. The pool water looked sparkling clean. Lunch was served on tables set up around the pool and it was all I could do to keep from jumping in to the water, it looked that inviting. Even with so many attendees, the area had a good deal of unused space and private areas. Rooms surrounding the pool opened onto a somewhat lower level walk way and open space, creating a very pleasant effect. I noticed that some of these rooms were hospitality suites, where one might have a little family get together for some occasion or other. I kept thinking what an ideal little overnight mini-trip to Shangri-la this would make. I could spend every waking moment in the tropical area, reading books, lounging and munching goodies from the adjacent bar and restaurant areas. I already know how good the food is. I would just phone ahead to make sure there wouldn't be any conferences using that space at noon. ; )

Room Tip: Get a room that opens on the pool for the tropical experience. Rooms that face outward pointing dow...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for writing such a detailed review of our hotel. I might have to hire you to write some of our promo pieces :) It is always a pleasure to confirm when our strategy and efforts in hospitality reaches our guests. We are very proud of our newly renovated meeting space, and I am happy that you feel the same about it as we do. I hope that we get to see you next year when the conference comes back, or maybe on a lucky weekend that you might get away.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

The hotel is close to airport, free shuttle, $20 to self park ( but plenty of spaces). They have a low rise section that surrounds the in-door pool ( think old holi-dome) and then a 8 story tower connected where the concierge lounge is located as well. Rooms are fine, typical 80/early 90's marriott design, upgraded to flat screens. Concierge lounge was to small and evening offering was terrible, closely followed by the random assortment of luke warm food and for breakfast. Good news is it's free. Staff was personable, value for the $ is questionable but if you get a good deal give it a whirl.

Room Tip: The rooms with pool patio's look nice if you have time to enjoy
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time our to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were unhappy about the offerings in our concierge lounge. We normally have high reviews in that area. Being an Airport Hotel, that lounge is an extremely busy outlet taking care of our most valued rewards guests such as yourself. I hope that you come back to see us so that we have an opportunity to change your mind.

Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

The pool was great. The main pool was kept at 89 degrees and the atrium was kept warm. The lounge chairs were comfy. The room was nice and the bed heavenly. Was not at all impressed with the restaurant Aqua Terra--very expensive, very slow, the waiter was lost most of the time and Tatyana the grumpy water girl kept reminding me that she was NOT the server (needed a refil on diet Pepsi, etc.). The grossest thing was they refill their nasty bottles of Heinz ketchup that say "Do Not Refill". Then they acted like I was high maintenance for asking for a brand new one. Why would an upscale restaurant try to save a few pennies by refilling their ketchup bottles? Just weird. Lastly parking is very expensive here. $2 every 20 minutes for visitors of guests.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank JasonfromTacoma

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of the hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed the room and most of the hotel. Your feedback of Aqua Terra is greatly apprecaited, and is taken back to our staff for training. We are always looking to improve on our service and feedback such as yours is used when we make decisions. I hope that you choose to stay with us again, and I guarantee that your service in the restuarant will be much better.

Regards