“Don't expect a quiet night's sleep”

Seattle Airport Marriott
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
“Don't expect a quiet night's sleep”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stayed here a flight cancellation at SeaTac.
Location is good for the airport, close by and they run a regular free shuttle.
After spending most of the day at the airport I was very hungry so tried the lobby bar. Had to wait about 10mins for a waiter, despite the bar being quite empty, only about 3 other tables. They claim the food is freshly cooked but my chicken came out in about 5mins so am sure it was pre prepared, otherwise I'm sure I'd be poisoned if it was actually cooked that quickly.
Rooms were terrible if you want to get any sleep. The walls were paper thin and I could hear the entire conversation from the next room when they were just speaking at a normal level. They also have a terrible alarm clock which has a bright light on the top (the snooze button) which stays illuminated all night and lights up the room. I had to put mine on the floor and cover with something so could have some darkness.
Luckily I hadn't paid for this, as paid by the airline, but if I had I would have been asking for my money back!

• Stayed March 2012
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I am sincerely sorry that you did not have a good experience here. The service that you received in our outlet is not acceptable, and your experience in our rooms is rare. I am glad that you did not have to pay for something that you were not satisfied with, however that doesnt make your experience any less impactful. Again, I am sorry that we dropped the ball on service, and that you were not happy with the room. If you travel to our area again in the future, please let me know that you are comming, and I will make sure that we take better care of you.

Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Korean first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This is a "cut above" airport hotel. Nicer rooms, comfortable bed, soft linens and very professional and friendly front desk. But the very best thing is that you walk across the street to the train station, and can get downtown in expensively and quickly.

I've booked this for $50 numerous times by bidding on Priceline, so you can save a bundle too. Just bid for a 3+ star Sea hotel for $50, and you'll either end up here or the slightly lessor Doubletree across the street.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank alanglazen
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a business conference, but the staff and the hotel made it feel like a mini vacation. Great atmosphere, beautiful decor. The food was pretty good for a Marriott and the breakfast buffet is excellent. the staff was helpful and attentive and they have the best shuttle drivers. My only complaint is that we didn't have toilet paper in the bathroom. I called guest services and left for the day. When I returned at midnight I still didn't have toilet paper and had to use my colleagues' bathroom. What I did have was a big bag full of toiletries. They misunderstood. Who can take a huge bag of shampoo and conditioner and lotion on a plane??I called again and this time was given two rolls of toilet paper. It was midnight. I was leaving in the morning. They overcompensated for their mistake. My concern was the fact that housekeeping had cleaned the room and supposedly cleaned the bathroom. They didn't put toilet paper in the bathroom for two days. How'd they miss that? Left a little sore spot for me and I didn't leave them a tip. I bet they didn't miss that!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for submitting a review for our hotel. Your feedback is extremebly valuable, as your experience with housekeeping is unnacceptable. Please accept my sincere apologies. I am glad that your entire experience was not hampered by the lack of needs filled in your room. Rest assured that your feedback will be followed up upon, and that it is a rare occurance. I hope that we get to see you the next time you are in town. Please let me know if you come back personally.

Washington State
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We have stayed at the Seattle Airport Marriott many times over the years. However, this most recent stay was our first time in quite a bit. We decided to return because the indoor tropical is fantastic and still is!! Rooms are very nice (a little small but great beds and workable), staff was very helpful and we loved the new lobby! Breakfast was fantastic and parking was easy. Close to the airport and easy access to get downtown. We were very impressed yet again, and we plan on returning!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time out to write a great review of our hotel. We are extremely proud of the hotel with our recent renovaitons, and I am happy to hear that you have gotten to enjoy them. Thank you for your continued patronage, and I hope that it is not as long next time that we get to host you and your family.

North of Boston
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We, my family of four, have used this hotel as a stop over for many years. Traveling in from the east coast with another 4 or 5 hours of travel after we land, we find this the perfect place to stop and rest. The hotel is beautifully designed. Pool is one of the best. The service is always excellent and the food quality stays high even in room service. The good points: 1) great shuttle to/from airport. 2) car rental next door (very good deal minus airport tax). The money you save on a day of car rental pays for the room alone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank votenochains
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. Our PR folks could not have summed it up better. Along to your information, we also have very competitive park and fly rates, and that is becomming a big business for us as well. I greatly appreciate your family's loyalty over the years, and look forward to your next visit.

All the best
Blaine, Washington
Reviewed February 29, 2012

This is an ok property nothing outstanding. Older and showing it's age. Bathroom is small. Beds are comfortable but pillows could be better (tried both feather and foam and both were uncomfortable). Good new and modern gym- had a pool overlooking pool and courtyard..... personally would prefer to look outside. Was a bit noisy from people using pool. All in all a good place to rest but nothing memorable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review on our property. It is dissapointing that we did not make a better impresion on you and yor stay. your feedback is valued. Our hotel is 31 years old but has had over 20 million dollars put into it over the last 6 years. Double paned windows is definately a plan for our next rooms redo within the next few years. That should make a huge difference when there are families in the pool. Thanks again.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stayed here for just one night in order to catch a morning flight out of SEA. I found a AAA special rate so it was a good value. As a Marriott Rewards elite member I was given a room on the Concierge floor. The room was standard (good) Marriott in good shape and comfortable. The TV had a good selection of channels and quite a few were in hi-def. The wired internet speed was pretty good.

Since I was car-less I ate in the restaurant and it was pretty good. The hotel has a shuttle that runs every 15 minutes to the airport. It is about 2-3 blocks to get to the light rail station that can take you to downtown Seattle. One strange detail is that the pool is in an atrium in the middle of the hotel and as a result the atrium stays very humid.

This hotel is a good choice if you need to be near the airport and can get it for a decent rate.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel, and for your loyalty as a Marriott Rewards Member. Your account of the hotel about our flexibilty in travel, and ease of stay is exactly what we are striving for. I hope that we get to see you next time you travel through Seattle