“Don't Even Consider Staying Here” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of SeaTac Crest Motor Inn

SeaTac Crest Motor Inn
Ranked #34 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Powell River
“Don't Even Consider Staying Here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2008

I booked this "park, stay and fly" hotel for both the beginning and final night of a vacation because the location and price was right. It was not the least expensive option. This is the fourth time we have used this type of service in the SEATAC area, with varying results.
On the first night of our stay we arrived after a 17 hour day of travel and had just about 5 hours (about 3 hours to sleep) until we had to be at the airport for our flight which was very early in the morning. The desk clerk, at first somewhat pleasant became quite hostile when we told him our departure time for the shuttle. He tried to convince us that it was not necessary to arrive at the airport at the time when had been told. I called the airline and they confirmed that this was incorrect. We then re-booked our shuttle time accordingly. There was no shuttle there for us when it was time to depart and at the suggestion of the marginally more pleasant desk clerk on shift at that time, we walked over to the hotel next door and caught a ride on their shuttle. The hotel advert does not indicate that shuttle service does not run between 2 and 4 am.
Read on.
Suspicions aroused, I decided to check the receipt the clerk had given me and noted that we had been charged for that night as well as the next reserved night eight days later. I believe this is a little unusual if not shady, but thought, oh well, we'll be staying here anyway.....but decided I'd better at least have some sort of indication that the second night charged was in fact for that next night reserved, as there was no specific indication of that on the receipt. I also noted that no refunds would be given after 10 minutes in the room, so knew I was now likely already on the hook for both nights. I politely asked the same desk clerk to please indicate this on the receipt. He was very rude, showed me how the hotel kept track in their book. I again pointed out that this did not help me as I did not have anything in my possession that clearly indicated so. The clerk wrote "Paid 4 - 2 nights Karl" on my slip, gave me an exasperated look and huffed away. By this time, in an exhausted stupor I returned to the room to shower and get a bit of rest. I noticed that sitting within the drain of the bathtub was what appeared to be the tamper proof plastic seal from the lid of a bottle. I reached down to pluck it out and realised that what I had in my hand was a discarded used condom. Horrifying. Now, and throughout my holiday I had that experience replaying in my mind. I could go on, but I'm sure all readers will have gained sufficient information from what I have written to make a better choice than I did. This is a nasty, dirty little place that shown by the reviews and repeated behavior of the desk clerk does not even pretend to give a d--n about their customers. There is, no doubt, a sufficient supply of one time only customers that will serve to keep the doors of this place open.
Don't be one of them.

• Liked — fresh paint
  • Disliked — used condom in the bathtub drainhole
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BeenGone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2008

We were looking for Park-and-Fly out of Seattle and thought their location was ideal. That's the only thing ideal about this place. The room descriptions and rates on the online reservations page did not match their other pages on their website, so I called and spoke with them directly.

After 20 minutes, I thought I had a reservation. He quoted me a higher rate than on the website and when I pointed it out, he just told me "The website's out of date." (Bait-and-switch is another name for this.) He gave me a reservation number and when I hung up, my wife asked if we'd ever said what date we were showing up. I realized we hadn't, and checked their reviews on TripAdvisor and elsewhere. Based on the terrible reviews I read, I called back 15 minutes later and asked to cancel my reservation.

They told me they couldn't find it. Not under my name, the confirmation number, or the date of the reservations. They asked me, "We can't find your reservation. Do you want to make one?" I said no, and repeated my details and asked them to shred it if it ever turned up. I booked a Park-and-Fly at Best Western Tukwila and my wife and I loved it. It was a little more expensive than this place, but there were no red flags and everything went smoothly.

When I returned from our trip and checked our credit card statement, I found that the SeaTac Crest Motor Inn had indeed billed my credit card eleven days after I cancelled the reservation. So we didn't stay there, but were still billed for it.

Currently my credit card is disputing the charge; thank God they are easier to work with than SeaTac Crest Motor Inn. My advice to all who read this: don't even pick up the phone or give them your credit card info. It's a hassle you don't want. Go somewhere else and sleep soundly.

• Liked — TripAdvisor folks warned me about it
  • Disliked — Being charged when I didn't even stay there
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank HeronsFan
Northwest
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2008

We parked at this shady place before as the price was fair and another place called Skyway Inn, both places aren't where you could leave a decent car, so we only brought our older Mazda, regardless of the vehicle on this visit we filled up our tank and parked, came back 8 days later and found that a quarter tank of gas was used, we told the manager who told us that they've had problems with people syphoning gas, i told him you said it was safe and fenced in, the manager told me to get out and don't come back, no refund so do not go to this place or Skyway Inn, who actually denied us after we had a reservation on another occasion thats when we found this disaster of a parking service.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything was truely horrible
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
5 Thank greenbirds
Ontario, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2008

Had just delivered a truck driven from Texarkana to Tacoma. I missed my flight home,decided to get a motel. Found the front desk clerk to be fabulous in the PR department. His name is Wayne. He is the only good thing about the place. I check in and go to my room, second floor, down a half a flight of stairs, out a door and to a room in the middle of a man painting. My room smells like paint (which i hate) I pay for an additional day as i'm not leaving untill 11pm that next night. I am an insomniac and had fallen into a dead sleep around 2pm I am actually dreaming. This hellacious pounding on the door awakens me. The owner and a health inspector need to see my bathroom (as it had been reported by a previous guest). As he left I told him he needed to adjust my rate for being disturbed he said of course. Two hours later I am awakened again by a man saying he needed to change the smoke detector battery. I say no and close the door. I call down to report this am told talk to owner.I said it should already be taken care of. Short story no adjustments made. Absolutely the most unproffessional place I have ever stayed!!!

• Liked — That it had internet access but no printer and coffee
  • Disliked — Being disturbed also toliet didnt flush
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank knaylor
harpr94, public relations manager at SeaTac Crest Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2008
Hello!! I am the public relations manager at this motel and first of all I would like to apologize for any bad experience you had at our motel. We do acknowledge the problems and have been trying hard to rectify them as soon as possible. We have recently made significant changes in our staffing (Front desk and room service) and conditions of our motel since July 1st which are still under way and almost completed. I would like to assure you that the next time you come in we will make your stay pleasant as it should be . Again from the bottom of my heart i apologize and hope that u will give us another chance.
washington state
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2008

Since we arrived late in the day, we decided to ignore the "red flags" that this was not going to be a good experience. The room was atrocious, but the bed seemed clean enough for us to make it through the night. We left our car there---and here is the only good point---the price was reasonable (for long term parking). HOWEVER, we paid dearly for this when we returned and had to stand in 32 degree wind for 45 minutes while waiting for a van that never came, along with extreme rudeness by the owner when we called (3 times). Finally we walked to the hotel only to find out that the driver just left and had the keys to our car so we had to wait even longer until he returned, all while having the hotel owner hurl insults at us as if this were all OUR fault! If there was a way to get this place health inspected, it would be closed down in a minute----rude behavior aside.

• Liked — the price for long term parking
  • Disliked — Absolutely everything else, especially the attitude of the owner and sanitation of the place.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rubyG
BC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2008

This place is awful. Smells in the lobby, dirty carpets, room doors don't close properly as if they have previously been kicked in. Noisy, blood on the matress, toilet seat totally worn out and on and on. It may be cheap but it should be free.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Commocean
harpr94, Public relations at SeaTac Crest Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2008
Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2008

We were charged for stay before we entered the room. The hallway and the whole place was dirty, in the room A/C unit was broken, 2 chairs were broken, TV was broken, smell of tobacco in hallway and room. Manager was upset with us complaining about broken AC unit on a hot summer day and told us simply open the window. Well, the window was opening on busy noisy street and located 2 feet away from exhaust pipes of cars parked right in front of our window (see photo - http://www.seataccrest.com). In 15 min after we entered the room, it was clear that there is no way we are going to spend 2 nights here, and so we have made a phone call and were leaving the hotel for better better place. Manager refused to refund the $$ that we were charged upon receiving room keys. The dirt, the lack of maintenance, the unfriendliness - unspeakable..

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business