“European hotel atmosphere”

Econo Lodge SeaTac Airport
Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
“European hotel atmosphere”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Excellent management. Convenient location, clean rooms. Restaurants not close by. On bus route. Lobby area very clean. Good breakfast array. Helpful staff and ready to please. Would recommend to anyone needing a convenient facility close to Sea- Tac Airport.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Holes in the curtains, hot water was turned off in sink due to faucet leak, sink plug was missing, paint in room was patched with different color just to name a few. The price was high for the lack of quality. Sorry, can't recommend this one until their corporate office says they are once again up to snuff. :0(

Room Tip: Make your reservations ahead of time so you don't get stuck with what is at the bottom of the ba...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Becky0308

Travelers are raving about these SeaTac hotels

Chula Vista, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The middle aged Polish lady and gentleman who picked us up from the airport on the morning of our arrival (7/3) were wonderful as was the morning receptionist in the office. She went out of her way to get us a room with a refrigerator (which was requested on the reservation). However, when we returned on 7/5 the evening receptionist was very unfriendly and unhelpful. I explained i had requested a room with a refrigerator and she didn't even try to look or check to see if it was available. The air conditioning in our first room was awful, shut off every hour or so which meant I was up half the night resetting it constantly. Room 608 was wonderful our second time there (even though I didn't be the refrigerator i requested and had to throw away much food) but at least the air conditioner worked. The morning breakfast is adequate but very unhealthy so we bought our own food but they do try to put out somewhat of a variety. The rooms were okay, just standard and the chairs, etc. needed a good cleaning. There is a decent Chinese restaurant right at the end of the parking lot which was handy as was the liquor store right next door for obtaining water and juice, etc. We were within walking distant of the train into the city which was also an added benefit and there were quite a few restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Call ahead, get the name of who you talk to and confirm anything extra (i.e. refrigerator, etc) that...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Econo Lodges in the past, and know what to expect...
A friend and I decided to stay in Seattle on a completely unplanned trip. We didn't realize that it was grad weekend, and all the places we would normally stay we're completely booked. This place was not our first choice or our last choice - it was out only choice.

That said, I found it typical in most respects of an EconoLodge. Dated decor, worn carpet, bad location. I did find it clean, and it had a fridge, microwave, TV, alarm clock, and hair dryer. The view out of our second floor room was a razor-wire topped fence overlooking a dumpy backyard next door. I did find the staff to be friendly, but had little interaction with them overall. The continental breakfast was very minimal and this is what usually redeems EconoLodge for me - breakfast was starch, starch and more starch with a hardboiled egg for variety. No fruit, yogurt, or pastries that I have found in every other EconoLodge i'vestayed at.

To sum up - as an EconoLodge in a bad neighbourhood, in most respects it was tolerable, but I was very unhappy with the breakfast, and at $90 for the 2 queen room, it was not worth the money.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Clarinetqueen
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I booked this hotel with their stay, park and fly program. When I arrived at the hotel I saw two men inching cars in and out of their parking lot with great difficulty. I went in to inquire whether it was mandatory for the vallet. The clerk said it was and I could not park my vehicle myself. Before checking in I went for a walk through the parking lot. I saw a white pail full of keys and about 6 sets of keys lying on the ground beside it. That was the deal breaker, I am paticular about the things I own and how they are taken care of. I went back in and told the clerk we would not be staying here unless I could park my own vehicle and take the keys with me. She said that I could not do that so I left.

Now I received my MC bill and found out they still charged me. I tried contacting the hotel and was not even allowed to speak to a manager. The clerk simply told me there is no cancelation allowed within 24 hours. I asked the clerk that if a person shows up and is unhappy for any reason will you still charge them. She said yes, its a 24 hour cancelation rule.

My advise to anyone is just stay away. It may be okay for you but it might not be. If its not you will still be charged for the full value of you park and room. Its a total rip off.

I have an email in to their head office. I will update if anything happens.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Shawn H
Stanwood, Washington
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have stayed at the Econo Lodge SeaTac Airport twice as part of the stay and park package. We found the staff friendly and helpful. For us it was a stop for a few hours of sleep before catching an early morning flight. We were dropped off at the airport with time to spare and were promptly picked up. This is not the top of the line establishment and is in need of some renovations and we are used to staying in 4-5 star rated places. For our need the Econo Lodge SeaTac Airport provided us our basic requirements. Added to this that my wife has diabetes and her ankles were in terrible condition on our arrive in Seattle. The staff at the Econo Lodge had a room for us to rest, and provided ice to bring the swelling down. Working international, I have stayed in places that are terrible in war zones. The staff at the Econo Lodge SeaTac are an asset to the establishment and proved their professionalism.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hermiston, Oregon
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The listing for this Motel is misleading. The Motel is located in a "Drug Trafficking and Prostitution Watch" area. We found the mattress to be lumpy, the motel staff barely spoke English, the motel was in disrepair. A local bus driver warned us not to stay in this area again because it is dangerous. The linen had fecal matter or blood stains. The bathroom fixtures had cigarette burn stains and the tile was breaking off or missing. The bathroom sink burped up some sort of sewer water and the "continental breakfast" consisted of toast and dry cereal. Do not waste your money or endanger your wellbeing for this motel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near SeaTac
Ramada SeaTac Airport North
Quality Inn Sea-Tac Airport
Days Inn Seatac Airport
Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport

Been to Econo Lodge SeaTac Airport? Share your experiences!