“Surprise and Relief”

Ranked #27 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Woodstock, Vermont
“Surprise and Relief”
Reviewed February 13, 2010

I was getting really worried about our reservation at this location because of the earlier reviews. I got back on line to cancel and learned that I was too late. I called the front desk and told them about the reviews and that I wanted to cancel. The front desk operator said that they would honor the cancellation without problem, but that if I was nearby I should stop and look at the location and the room because they had completely renovated the location since those reviews. I did and Wow, I am so pleased that I did because the room is wonderful. All new bathroom, new carpeting, clean as a whistle and great value. Refrigerator and microwave as well as HBO. Wi Fi in the room. The desk person was unbelievably helpful and refigured my combined room rate and parking fee for three days and saved me money from what I had booked on line. Shuttle runs every half hour and there are three new minivan shuttles that keep circling in and out of the property. Added bonus: There is a first rate Thai restaurant attached to the location. Excellent thai soups, chicken satay and phat thai. My wife and I are glad we stuck with the reservation.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Travelcrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Washington
Reviewed May 23, 2008

Chose this hotel based on its proximity to the airport and their package for extended parking with an overnight stay. Arrived at the hotel in the evening and parked my car, then the shuttle took us to the airport. When we returned after our vacation and wanted to check into the hotel, the guy at the counter couldn't find a room, even though I had reserved a 2 Queen room with my credit card before our trip and PAID for the room when I left my car there! He told me they had no such room available for us and then after much "hemming and hawing" offered us a room with 3 rooms and I told him that would be fine as long as I didn't have to pay extra for it. This room was ATROCIOUS!!! In an isolated area behind the hotel (as a single mom with my young son with me that was not a comfortable feeling) and then no working lights in the "suite" (if you want to call it that-I saw the bathroom (with the only true working light) and the main room-the other rooms were locked). The only light in the main "bedroom" was a lamp that wouldn't turn on. Bathroom didnt look clean and was not ready for occupents. Even though it was midnight and we were exhausted, I went back and told him that room would NOT work for us. He got us a 1-bed room and it was the smallest room I have ever seen. Not really clean feeling so all we did was sleep and we got up as early as we could and checked out. I will NEVER go again and have told all I know about my experience there.

• Liked — Package deal with extended parking and an overnight stay
  • Disliked — Everything else!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank s0metimetraveller
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed July 29, 2007

We were misconnected by Alaska Airlines in Seattle on a Friday night, and tried repeatedly to find a hotel with a room for the night. My daughter finally got a room through the Yahoo Travel at the Econolodge SeaTac. (this used to be called The Sandstone, and they still answer the phone with that name). We knew it would be a lower-end room, but we were desperate after traveling for over 22 hours from Ireland. We checked in at 9pm that evening, and checked out at 5am the next morning because the room was so AWFUL! It was supposed to be non-smoking, but the room reeked of cigarette smoke. Not a good thing with my asthma! We tried to air out the room with the ac/fan, but the unit would not work, and upon trying to see if it just wasn't plugged in, we found the outlet almost falling out of the wall. The floor seemed to have been without vacuuming for weeks, let alone cleaning. It was gritty to walk on. The counter around the sink had hairs all over it, but the worst was the bathroom. The wall around the toilet had "spatterings" of urine, possible vomit and/or feces. It was absolutely disgusting. Since we had not other options, we chose to stay in the room, but left a light on all night to hopefully discourage any creepy-crawly guests from visitng us in the night. The sheets were clean, thank goodness, and we tried to sleep, but it was fitful at best. We finally decided to take the first van back to the airport, which left at 5a. Upon checkout we tried to get a receipt for our stay, but were told by the clerk that he couldn't print one for us. He explained that this was a prepaid stay (by our credit card over the phone the night before), so he couldn't release any info to us in case we weren't the ones who paid for the room(??!!) Overall, the most disgusting, awful fleabag hotel we have ever stayed in. Avoid it!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — It was FILTHY!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family