“Stranded traveler”

Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The stranded traveler check-in process was arduous as somehow Alaska Airlines Stranded Traveler service provider screwed up reservation but other than that all was good. The location of the hotel in proximity to the airport is excellent and there is a free shuttle that goes to the airport and back every 20 minutes. Good amenities and close to lots of restaurants etc.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We understand how stressful travel disruptions can be and so we are glad to hear that our convenient airport location and 24 hour complimentary shuttle were beneficial to you. We hope that you were able to relax during your time with us, and that the rest of your travels went smoothly. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is a good full-service facility. There are a lot of options open for dining. The fitness facility is available 24 hours which was a big plus for me given work start times. The location worked well for me and was surprisingly quiet for being right next to the airport. I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear DoubleTree Guest,

Thank you for the great 5 star review! We are thrilled to receive your feedback and delighted that you plan to visit us again. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed our 24 hour fitness facilities, and that our convenient airport location served your well during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

this is a big hotel that is spread out with wings extending far from the main entrance. Rooms are clean, comfortable and large and the cookies are always a nice touch which is why I gave it a higher rating than I should. There are lots of comfortable places to sit in the common areas. However the charges in the convenience store and Starbucks counter are over the top. The worst thing is the early check out charge, Upon check in I asked if I could hold the room for an extra night as I expected that my flight would get cancelled. I also asked if I checked out would I get charged an extra fee and the representative said no. The next morning when I went to check out they told me they were charging me a $100 early check out fee. I explained that I asked and they said I had to write a note to the accounting department to remove the fee. I would think that this could have been waived given the circumstance without me having to write a note.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the main building if available as it can be a 5+ minute walk to your room otherwis...

Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for taking to the time share your feedback. While we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the cookies to be a nice touch, we regret to learn of the confusion you encountered with our front desk staff regarding early checkout. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one from check-in to departure through quality service and amenities, and we regret this was not your impression. We will use your comments as part of our ongoing service training and hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My room was very quiet, clean, comfortable, and the TV resolution was a cut above what you normally get in a hotel. And I could have kicked myself for forgetting my swim suit - the very large outdoor pool was heated, and set in a nicely landscaped courtyard, with jacuzzi nearby. Staff were uniformly friendly and very helpful. The rates are not low, but typical for nicer hotels near the airport.

Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for the 5 star review! We are thrilled that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and that you also enjoyed many of the amenities in your room. We hope that you will return again for another visit. Remember to pack your bathing suit next time so you can take advantage of our heated outdoor pool. See you soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The basics: Very large hotel with hundreds of rooms located in multiple 3 story wings and a tower complex. It is decorated in the traditional Pacific Northwest style that reminds you of native American and Oriental architecture. Very relaxing. However, due to the size, you may have to walk some pretty good distances. There are elevators.

It is located right across the street from Sea Tac Airport and they run shuttles every 15 minutes 24 hours a day.

Check-in (and check-out) was interesting. Although busy both times, there was only one clerk. While the clerk was very nice and helpful, it seemed to take quite a while to complete the check-in process.

The room was quite spacious and comfortable. There was no noise. It was absolutely clean. Bedding was spotless and comfortable. The carpet was very clean (in fact, housekeeping was spot cleaning carpets in some of the rooms nearby). Curtains are room darkening.

The bathroom was quite spacious and had very nice large and thick towels.

Closet space was good. There was an ironing board and iron, hair dryer, coffee maker and flat screen TV. Channel selections were good.

There is no refrigerator or microwave.

Internet service is okay. Unlike less expensive hotels, there is a charge UNLESS you a high level Hilton Honors member or are able to figure out the menu that allows for a complimentary access for 24 hours.

There are no free papers.

I only had one meal at the lobby area bar. It was good and not badly priced.

Parking can be an adventure. I had a one day parking pass (extra $10 on the room) so I could come and go at will. All parking near the entrance is always full. Most people are parking there to take their luggage through the front door (always busy). You are better off to stop at the front door and check in, then drive your car to an area closer to you wing (or tower) and take your luggage in from there. I found parking very close to my room with access through an exterior door with my key card. That was convenient. However, my aforementioned parking pass only worked in one of the gates. I was assured it worked in all, but it did not. Once I had that figured out, it was okay.

Dear DoubleTree Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We always appreciate receiving feedback from our guests and are pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay. We are glad to hear that you appreciated the Pacific Northwest inspired décor, the peacefulness of our property and that the lodge like feel of our hotel created a relaxing visit for you. We hope that you will return again and give us the opportunity to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I usually stay at this hotel when traveling in and out of SeaTac. Typically I don't have a car so the hotel restaurant is where I dine. They do a good job with their menu and the good is usually very good. The rooms are what you expect of a Doubletree and done have balconies. Get the mountain view!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for the 5 star review! We are delighted to receive your comments and appreciate your loyalty when staying in the Seattle area. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed each of your stays with us and happy that you have had the opportunity to try some of the delicious food in our restaurant, Seaport’s. We hope you will be back again soon!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

The building with pet-friendly rooms was very quiet, near lake and wooded area with paths. I was also traveling with a family member who spent more time in the room and used the restaurant. She also found the stay very comfortable. We wish there had been a refrigerator but otherwise excellent value.

Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope that your furry friend was able to explore some of the great walking paths located on our property. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!