New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Good hotel room in a vast, sprawling complex”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

My parents and I stayed here one night after I flew in from the east coast and arrived fairly late. We didn't have a reservation, so I used the Map function on my cellphone to find a nearby hotel, and then called the number. A friendly reservations agent answered my call and confirmed that there was a vacancy for the night and she quoted me a price that I thought was reasonable given that it was near the airport and it was a Hilton Doubletree. She then, however, spent the next ten minutes asking me questions and trying to push Hilton's preferred members program, and then asked if she could put me on hold so another person could give me my confirmation code. I told her that she could, but as I was already on my way to the hotel I would probably arrive there before this conversation would end. She giggled. The signs around the Sea-Tac airport are quite confusing but we eventually found the hotel, only to discover that the signs there are also limited and confusing. We drove into a parking lot and tried to find the main entrance without success. Eventually we parked and started walking around this huge complex, trying to find an unlocked door, and eventually we found the entrance on the other side of the complex. We politely stood in line at the reception desk - not being a preferred member we stood in the regular queue, while five people in the preferred member line were seen before us. Eventually we got to the desk and registered. The rest of the stay was fine, registration was fairly easy, the hotel room was a little challenging to find in the enormous complex but the room was spacious and well appointed, and we had no problems. We ate dinner in the hotel's restaurant, which was very over-priced but with decent food. Check out was easy the next morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am disappointed to learn about the difficulties you encountered when speaking with our reservations team and regret that the frustrations continued during the check in process. We regularly use guest feedback to revisit the importance of customer service with our team members. I am pleased to hear that the rest of your stay went well and hope to see you again during another visit to the area.
Jessica Harris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
victoria, bc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Check in was smooth, got a room in wing 4 which means you have to pack your luggage forever, including back outside and up and down stairs. The room was acceptable, but you have to pay for wifi, really?? No free breakfast, we had mac and cheese for dinner $20 each with no salad, just the entree. No "happy hour" pay parking! This place is seriously overpriced, do yourself a favor and stay at a HIE or similar hotel where they include wifi,parking and breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in Complex 1, 2 or 3
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank downey
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration you experienced on your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one from check-in to departure through quality service and amenities, and we regret this was not your impression. We will use your comments as part of our ongoing service training and hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

the hotel was clean and nice .. .elevators are freezing!! and coming from hawaii it was cold in Seattle and I wanted a hot bath to relax from a long trip from hawaii.. and there was NO hot water... they said it was a valve problem they would fix in the morning.. said they fixed it but it was not fixed.... no hot water the next late afternoon... so we packed up and moved to the Hampton... across the way. hotel was nice to drive us over to the Hampton... had a great hot bath at the hampton. maybe they just don't get hot water up to the 5th through 11th floors at the double tree... not sure what the problem was... but they couldn't get it right so we moved.

Room Tip: the main tower elevators are freezing... rooms seem nice .. have really nice balconies which are of...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I regret to hear of the trouble you encountered with the hot water during your stay. Please reach out to me directly at JessicaA.Harris@hilton.com so that I may obtain some additional details from you to ensure this issue has been properly addressed. Your comfort is extremely important to us. I hope you will allow us to demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction by staying at our hotel again soon.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed here the night before we took an international flight with our two very young children. We wanted a close hotel, with a convenient shuttle to get the best night of sleep possible and a stress reduced morning. That is exactly what we got. The hotel was bright and clean. The staff was friendly and checkin was efficient. They gave us hot fresh cookies upon arrival and at least three people offered to help us to our room.

This hotel is a few miles from the airport, so you don't have planes shaking the walls throughout the night. It is right next to the SeaTac Mall which has tons of shops and restaurants that you can walk to. They offer a free shuttle to the airport though, so there is no disadvantage to being a few miles from the airport.

The lobby was quite busy until late in the evening, but the setup of the rooms with the front sitting area and the bedroom in the back was perfect for cutting noise. Room service breakfast was delicious and we thought we ordered well but ended up with a LOT of extra food -- no slim portions like most hotels.

Beds were comfortable. Tons of room. More towels than we needed. The shuttle to the airport was quick in the morning and right on time. The driver took us right to the SkyCap to help with our baggage.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for the great 5 star review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations. We very much appreciate receiving reviews such as this because it allows us to recognize our staff and ensures we are providing the exemplary service our guests deserve. We hope you had a wonderful family trip and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Double Tree is located in a great location next to the Seatac airport, and easy access to the highway. i have used this hotel both for business and personal travel. The staff here are always very courteous and you get a cookie each time when you check in. The facility has two restaurants for our dining needs, but other restaurants are near by as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are so happy that you have been able to take advantage of our convenient location during your previous stays and that you have experienced the great customer service that our team members demonstrate. I am delighted to have the opportunity to share your kind words with them. We hope to see you again soon!
Irvine, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Made last minute reservations as trip details changed. Place is clean and upgraded me for no reason. Cookie was delicious as well! Room was large and bathroom was good for getting ready. The view as you go up in the elevators is really cool, definitely worth going to top floor just to see.

Room Tip: Use AAA or try and find coupon code
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your upgraded room and the delicious cookie upon check in. Personally, the view from the elevators is one of my favorites as well so I am glad you experienced it! We hope to see you back for a future stay soon!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My thermostat in the room did not work. The desk did ask if I wanted an engineer to come to the room but it was 2:00 am before I had realized why I was so cold. In the morning, I was trying to leave and make an appointment. The check out on the TV was not working, so I had to take time to go to the front desk to check out and get a copy of my receipt. Both of these items were disappointing. Otherwise, the property seemed quite nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Susan T
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate all guest correspondence as it allows us the opportunity to continually improve our procedures and customer service for future guests. I sincerely apologize that these issues created an unpleasant experience for you. Would you please reach out to me directly, at JessicaA.Harris@hilton.com so that I can gather additional details to ensure these issues have been resolved. I hope you will allow us to demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction by staying at our hotel again soon.