“rooms fine, but bit of a hassle”

Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I'm a frequent business traveler to Seattle and have stayed in many of the hotels in the area. This was a very last minute trip and my usual hotels were all booked, so I stayed here. Arrived around 1130pm after picking up the rental car from the airport. The parking lot was not very well lit so it was difficult to tell where self park section actually was, and, annoyingly, parking is paid. Many of other hotels nearby do not require paid parking. Afterward, checked in at the lobby to find out my room was in Wing 5 which was two turns, down a hallway, out the building, into another building, down a hallway, another turn and finally there. Additionally, my coworker, having a bit of luggage, meant that I ended up having to navigate the maze of a parking lot too just to park closer to the actual building we were staying in. Once in the rooms, everything was fine: clean, quiet, though clear that the rooms are a bit on the older side. In summary, though the room was good, the bit of hassle, the slightly higher price, and plethora of other options in the area make it unlikely that I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear DoubleTree Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. I regret to hear of the frustrations you encountered when parking. As the safety and security of our guests is top priority, I will bring the lighting concerns you mentioned to the attention of our security team. I apologize that the spacious layout of our property created a hassle for you. Although we always strive to create the best experience possible for our guests, we regularly use feedback to address concerns and make improvements when possible. I hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you’re in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.
Jessica Harris

Write a ReviewReviews (3,113)

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stay at this Double Tree for a conference held there once a year for 5 days. This November will be my 4th year. This Hotel has a beautiful design inside with beautiful landscaping throughout spaces between the room extensions, The restaurants are delicious (but overpriced). There is a delicious Thai restaurant across the street, as well as a great diner for other food options. The pool is heated, jacuzzi is awesome. The cookies upon arrival are soooo nice. The airport shuttle is fantastic, as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building, if possible. the extensions outside can be a long walk, unless...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are delighted to hear that you’ve enjoyed our beautiful property, complimentary airport shuttle, and pool area during your previous stays. Although we do offer several dining options onsite, there are many additional options located within walking distance. Upon request, our shuttle will also take you to the Link Light Rail station which provides access to downtown Seattle. We encourage guests to speak with our concierge for suggestions or ask a team member what they recommend, as often they provide a local perspective. We look forward to welcoming you back in November!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

It's by the airport. Big surprise! Just kidding. You know what you are getting into with regard to airport noise and their hours. The staff is friendly. Doubletree cookie is good. Bit pricey IMHO. Free shuttle to the airport that runs regularly starting early.

Bed was comfortable. The 'tower' rooms have balconies. I think all of them do in the tower.

Buffet at restaurant has a solid hotel style breakfast selection, but again pricey, comparatively.

Room was clean. You know, everything is ok, just a bit dated.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing away from the airport to reduce the noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I’m happy to hear that our staff was friendly and that you enjoyed the comfortable bed. I hope that our complimentary airport shuttle proved to be convenient for you. Although our hotel is over 40 years old, we have completed many renovations over the years and will continue to do so in the future. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate just how committed we are to our guests satisfaction.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Booked this hotel through hotels dot com last minute because of the deal and proximity to the airport.

We arrived at the hotel around 7pm, to which the entrance was pretty packed, one thro lane, one bus lane and a valet lane (which costs about $36). Although, check-in was a breeze, somehow there was no line, so we were greeted nicely and given those famous warm cookies. We asked for our two rooms to be together, and they accommodated us well.

Our rooms were in one of the towers, very spacious and beads were comfortable. The room was clean, and bathroom was nice and elegant.

One thing to keep in mind, the hotel is HUGE. So expect a lot of walking to get around. Parking is also generally packed and at a price, we paid $10 for the night.

Also, there was no free wifi nor complementary breakfast at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear DoubleTree Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I’m pleased to hear that checking in was a breeze and hope you enjoyed the delicious cookies! I’m glad that our front desk staff was able to accommodate your group in neighboring rooms. Although our property is very spacious, we often find that many guests enjoy the lodge inspired feel of our grounds. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I love pretty much everything about the hotel except for the price of the food and room service. I travel for a living and would say your pricing if some of if not the highest i have experienced. To the extent that eventhough i loved everything else, i would not stay there again. I would rather see higher price in hotel rate than price gouge on the food and service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Although I am pleased to read that your overall experience was pleasant, I regret to hear that our food and room service pricing did not meet your expectations. We appreciate feedback such as yours because it allows us the opportunity to review areas of our operation and make changes or improvements. We hope that you will give us another opportunity the next time business brings you to the Seattle area.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

When I checked in after travelling all day, they gave me an occupied room and I walked in on other people. A grossly negligent process. They offered me no compensation for the mistake, charged me full price and were rude most of the time. The only person who was nice was a housekeeper I passed in the hall, everyone else was miserable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate all guest correspondence as it allows us the opportunity to continually improve our procedures and customer service for future guests. I am very sorry that you were given an occupied room. Clearly, this should not have occurred. The safety and security of our guests is our number one priority and I will review your comments with our team here. We have procedures and technology in place that should prevent this, so we will conduct an investigation to see how this happened and what could be done to prevent this in the future.
As it relates to your interaction with our staff, I will also address how you were made to feel. We take great pride in our team friendliness and sincerely regret that was not your experience. This is not a typical guest experience and I hope you will allow us to demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction by staying at our hotel again soon.
Please reach out to me directly at JessicaA.Harris@hilton.com so that I may speak to you personally about this.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great place for a stop over. Check in quick and easy. Chocolate biscuit welcome. Bar staff friendly and helpful, no problem letting you try the local beers. Seemed expensive but that can be said of most hotel bars. Would have liked an extra night so that we could have seen a bit of Seattle. Had a room in the main hotel quiet fair size and clean

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alsation
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear DoubleTree Guest,

Greetings! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am delighted to hear that your stay was pleasant & that you were able to unwind in the bar while enjoying some of the wonderful local beers that the Pacific Northwest has to offer. Next time you are in the Seattle area, we hope you will join us again!
Kind regards,