“Best place to stay in SeaTac.”

Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chelsea, Alabama, United States
“Best place to stay in SeaTac.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel. Luckily it is close to our office and the airport. It has a great bar and kitchen with local treats. Staff is always friendly and helpful. The hotel embarrasses the unique qualities of the area and there is a Starbuck's kiosk in the lobby!

• Stayed August 2013
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for giving the DoubleTree by Hilton Seattle Airport a five star rating! I am happy to hear that our service and our guest amenities made your stay more comfortable. Hope to see you again soon.
Susan Wilkinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Staff seems to careless about the customer and further the management seems to be in the same mold from my experience.

Went to eat at the restaurant believe around 930 pm on Saturday night and it was closed. Went to the bar area and ordered a $ 9.00 item to take to my room. I signed the ticket and put my room number on the check receipt. The bartender told me my signature was illegible and that I needed to complete further. The bartender also questioned me if I had a credit card on file when I check in.
Never had I ever been asked that question from any stay worldwide in 35 years of travel.
Told her I am a diamond member and. She could check with the front desk. She did not care. Continued to embarrass me in front of others at the bar.

I asked to speak to the manager and the asst manager of catering came and told me she is right and basically I'm wrong. Never apologized so this DIamond member needless to say would never ever stay here or any Doubletree property again.
Told them they could keep the order as I would not spend another dime there.
Also be aware $ 20.00 parking per night and having to walk quite far in the dark back to main entrance.
I also saw many elderly persons staying there and staff seemed annoyed by them asking questions.

Wish I would have stayed else where.
Chinaclipper100

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Seattle Airport. We’re sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that the next time you’re in Seattle, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service.
San Francisco, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel has a sprawling, almost campus, set of buildings. I was put in room 5151, which is in "wing/building" 5b. This was like a half mile hike from the check-in desk. As someone who travels a lot, I wish the desk agent had said something about how far away the room was. Honestly, I would have rather been in the main tower. I was going to turn around and ask for a new room, but at that point, it wasn't really worth walking all the way back to the front desk. Also, I had requested a room with 1 king bed, but got 2 queens. As it was a 2 night business trip, I didn't really care, but it shows an overall lack of attention to detail. Otherwise, the room was pretty nice. It was clean, and the beds were comfortable, it was quiet, despite the proximity to the airport. The pool looked nice, although I didn't go in. The maid that cleaned my room forgot to pickup my room-service tray from the previous night and I had to call and ask for it to be collected.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for your review of your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Seattle Airport. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially about areas where we can do better. We are sorry that we couldn’t supply your reserved room type. Our front desk department goes through a detailed process every day to make sure that our guests receive exactly the room they expect. There are times when we won’t be able to have the same room available to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, we’re sorry for the inconvenience and hope that the next time you travel to Seattle you’ll stay with us again.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Your Double tree hotel at SEATAC airport is a good one location wise and convienent if and and ONLY when one can get a room in your tower. For the life of me, I am not sure why I can not get a room in the tower, as Hilton Gold card memeber. On August 21st was the first time I got it in a span of five years. As you know, to get to the rooms in the wings, it's like walking to Seatac airport. If this a norm for Gold card holders, you probably are loosing too mauch of business..TY,...Rao

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with at DoubleTree by Hilton Seattle Airport. We are very sorry that the guestroom did not meet your expectations, since the comfort and safety of our guests is our highest priority. While we can’t meet room type requests every time, we have shared your comments with our front desk team so they are aware of the situation. We hope you’ll give us another try the next time your travels bring you to Seattle.
Roseburg, Oregon, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Upon check in I found out I had to pay an extra forty five dollars just to park my car overnight during my stay. No continental breakfast; no ameneties at all really. They charge for wifi and even local telephone calls. Was too tired to go out to dinner and wanted to order something in. They don't allow that.
The worst part was that arte spending way too much on the room I really expected outstanding cleanliness service and furnishings. I was let down on all fronts. Room seemed cheap and not super clean. Staff was very dismissive and rude. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dan S
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
We appreciate your review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by HiltonTM Seattle Airport. We see that you were unhappy with some of the charges, and we apologize if the charges weren’t clear when you booked the room. We work hard to personalize each guest's experience and try to keep costs affordable. Your review helps us maintain a focus on both of those areas. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel on business. I am a Hilton Honors member.
When I arrived at the front desk to check in I was the first person in line in the Hilton Honors line. A guest was being helped at the Hilton Honors counter and another at the main counter. Right at that time a large group arrived wanting to be checked in, so I waited for no less than 5 of those guests to be checked in ahead of me.

At the time I made my reservation I requested a high floor. The friendly gentleman at the counter told me that he would set me up with a nice view of a lake. I was thrilled with this idea until I found the room. It was in a remote section of the property, a good three blocks away from the front of the hotel. This part of the property looked like an old motor lodge that they had perhaps converted into their property. It looked dated and dimly lit.

To be fair I will say that the view of the lake was very nice. The inside of the room was nice as well -comfortable and reasonably up-to-date. But to have to park so far away from the front of the hotel and to pay $21 to park at what was virtually a motor lodge seemed a little expensive and not what I would have expected from a Doubletree property.

The front of the main hotel building was very nice and met my expectations. The exterior of the motor lodge buildings still appeared a bit on the dated side.

There were three things that really turned me off about the hotel. First - the up-charge of $21 a day for self-parking in a not very secure parking lot. The second turn-off was the $10 up-charge for Internet. As a business traveler, particularly at Hilton properties, I am accustomed to free high-speed wireless. When I called the front desk to inform them that I am a Hilton Honors member, I was told that because I was "only a silver member" that I would still have to pay the $10 a day Internet service fee. Lastly, the hotel restaurant had very good service, however the food was just average at best yet still very expensive.

I had originally arranged to stay at this hotel for the duration of my time in the Seattle area, which was four nights. I checked out after one night and located a very nice hotel a few miles away that offered free Internet, free parking free breakfast, and a happy hour guest reception for less money per night. Needless to say I had no regrets. It is unlikely that I would ever stay at this property again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We spent the night at this hotel. It was awful from the jump. No directions to room (this place is a maze), bad directions about getting picked up at airport and then watching 2 vans go right by, a staff that was looking to push everything off to the next shift and the worst bed we have slept on in years. The bed was lumpy and you could feel the springs. The mattresses had to be very old or very cheap.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at DoubleTree by HiltonTM Seattle Airport. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our DoubleTree by HiltonTM guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues you have noted in your review and hope that next time you’re in Seattle, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.