Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport
$201
  • Pool
$178
  • Restaurant
Sleep Inn SeaTac Airport(SeaTac)(Great Value!)
$181
$180
$170
  • Breakfast included
3,163 results
All reviewscookiesdouble treewingstower roommain towerhuge hotelseattle airportnext morningchecking insea tacshuttle servicelight railan early flightrental carfree shuttlelobbybalconies
Reviewed August 14, 2013

To set the stage, I travel about 75% of the time on business.

I'll start with the positive. The bed was comfortable. That's it, and might be all that is important for some people. I did end up getting a very nice sleep.... Finally.

Got in at midnight, and it took 15 minutes (I timed all these experiences - no exaggeration here) to get checked in - and for those who it matters, I am a Diamond Hilton customer, so I was standing in the "Diamond Check-In" lane. They didn't as is customary have my room number and preferences all ready to go. Again for those who would care - the signature cookie was really hard and old. Good for me since my waistline doesn't need a chocolate chip cookie at midnight anyway. It went in one of the many trash cans on the long trek to my room.

My room was literally an 8 minute (again timed) walk from the front desk, and although I had reserved a King room - I was given one with two queens. When I called the front desk to ask "didn't I reserve a King?", they agreed I did... but they didn't actually have one for me. The carpet was dirty (I did not take off my shoes), doors in the bathroom mildewed and de-laminated, and don't even try to go out on the balcony - it was covered with a centuries worth of spiderwebs. Other than the carpet and the balcony though - it was clean. Well, with the exception of the hallway - which sort of smelled like garbage, or old fruit. Might have been the food trays all over the place. There was a fan in the bathroom that constantly ran though... puzzled as to why that would be. Since I was so very far from everything, the fan drowned out what little noise there was.

After dumping my luggage, I went back (another 8 minute walk) to the lobby to get a glass of wine. Nice that they have a full service bar and restaurant - no complaints there. Walked back to my room (Did I mention it was very very far from the lobby?) and my key didn't work. I called using the phone in the hallway to the front desk, and they said they would send security right away. 12 minutes later, I walked back to the phone and called again......10 minutes later, a security guard on a Segway showed up and let me in my room. He also nicely came back and slid new room keys under my door without disturbing me. The wireless was spotty - dropping connection occasionally, which for me is unacceptable.

I had intended on staying two nights, but thankfully was able to cut my trip short. When I called this morning to check out early, I was informed there would be a $100 charge to check out early. Thankfully when I expressed my displeasure, the front office lady got a manager to waive the early checkout fee.

All in all, too much for too little - but I doubt it matters too much to the establishment, as they were sold out..... For me though - I will never stay at this hotel again. Also as others have mentioned, the parking is outrageous.... $21/night for a place that you really need to be able to park your car near your room unless you want to be walking all over the place.

Room Tip: Make sure you are near the lobby. Seriously. I think it was at least a half a mile from the lobby to my room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about your recent stay our Hotel. We are constantly striving to improve our hotel in all aspects and feedback from our guests is an important tool in this process. We appreciate your comments.

Our goal is to provide full service and comfortable accommodations for all our guests. I am sorry we fell short of meeting that goal. I certainly understand your disappointment regarding the overall experience you had while you were with us including: the length of time it took you to check in arrive at your guest room, less than satisfactory guest room conditions and your guestroom keycard not functioning properly. Please accept my sincere apology for the poor impression we left with you regarding our hotel.

We are addressing your concerns with our staff members and steps will be taken to insure we improve our services.

Susan Wilkinson

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Front desk not helpful - cant find rooms - very confusing layout - room service trays never left the hall in the 24 hours I was there - put single women facing parking lot on ground floor - pool closed - doors slamming all night

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear DoubleTree Guest,

I’m very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we apologize for letting you down. We apologize that the pool was not available for your use while you were here; we were making required repairs to ensure the safety of our guests. I will be sure to keep your feedback in mind as we're always working to improve our overall guest experience. I thank you for your review and I really hope you'll give us a second chance if your travels bring you back to our area.
Kind Regards,

Susan Wilkinson

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Overall our stay was comfortable and satisfactory. We had trouble with the air conditioning in the room. The wireless Internet was mostly OK but dropped the connection on occasion. The price was good and the staff was prompt and helpful. We'd stay there again but we'll be sure to check the air con early on.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear DoubleTree guest, Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are very sorry about the problems you experienced with the air conditioning but I’m glad to hear that the staff was prompt and helpful. Hope to see you again. Best regards, Casey Knopik

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night here and was slightly discouraged to find the pictures not very accurate ,your not staying in the big beautiful building that appears online. The buildings are a huge complex , almost looking "motel like" there is a good dog walk path for small dogs. The room and hallways smelled quite stale .some updating or more honest pictures may benefit them . Location of course is very handing across from the airport. We ordered room service , the service was prompt , food was tasty but it should not cost $100 for 2 plates of food with no drinks . Watch the extra room charge plus tip. Adds up very fast :(

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear DoubleTree guest, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time. Best regards, Casey Knopik

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a good value and the decor is evocative of the Northwest. The rooms are small but nicely decorated. The hotel has many amenities. The food in the restaurant is expensive but delicious. The four dollar coffee was a bit of a shock however.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear DoubleTree guest, Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are glad that you found our hotel to have a good value and enjoyed the décor. We hope to see you again. Best regards, Casey Knopik