“Best Airport Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Santa Barbara, CA
“Best Airport Hotel”
Reviewed January 6, 2008

This is the best airport hotel we have stayed in, and we have stayed there twice. It has a convenient location and a shuttle service that runs every 15 minutes for 24 hours. We had a large room with a balcony, comfortable beds, an easy chair and ottoman, and a coffee maker - all things we don't always find. We ate supper in their restaurant and I had an excellent salad (large enough to divide) and an exceptionally good Reuben sandwich. There are also other choices, with several restaurants and fast food places within a very short walk. The staff was friendly and helpful and we enjoyed the warm, chocolate chip cookie we were given at check-in.

• Liked — The convenience to the airport.
  • Disliked — We liked everything.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2008

This hotel, for what they charge, is a steal for the Sea-Tac area!! Our commute down I-5 took longer than expected so we did not get to take full advantage of this hotel, but what we did was excellent! Hot cookies before we even check in was a nice treat.

Rooms are HUGE, shower hot and lots of pressure, and the bed was suberb. The best part is they have 24 hr shuttle to Sea-Tac at no cost!

We will stay here again!!

• Liked — Clean, great location, hot cookies!!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Pensacola
Reviewed January 4, 2008

Stayed at this Doubletree Jan. 1, 2008 before flying out of Seatac on the 2nd. Since it was a really cold, rainy day, we were so happy that the hotel was SO large and spread-out. We'd been visiting relatives in central WA and had felt cooped-up all week in their small house, so walking around the hotel was great! Anyway, Tripadvisor saved us the overnight parking fee, since we read about it in advance and made arrangements to turn in our rental car one day early, then take the shuttle back to the hotel. The shuttle was very convenient and on-time. We stayed on the 5th floor in the tower, and had secured a really affordable (payment in advance) rate online. We found our room very clean, and had everything we needed. The crib (a packnplay) we requested was delivered promptly too. Since we didn't want to leave the hotel with our 2 year old (it was really cold and rainy) we ate in the hotel lounge. Since we had her with us, they sat us out to the side of the actual lounge. We ordered three appetizers and a dessert, and all were excellent and beautifully served. We enjoyed our evening at this hotel, and we ran our daughter around the lobby a lot, and I also used one of the treadmills in the fitness rooms. Overall, we would give our stay a 10 plus, and will certainly use this hotel again before our yearly overnight out of Seattle when visiting my husband's family! My advice--book in advance through the Doubletree website to get a great rate, and turn in your rental early to avoid the parking fee!

• Liked — The location and the size of the hotel!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2007

Stayed at this hotel beause the park n fly. Was an excellent choice, beautiful hotel and great beds made for a perfect start for
vacation. Have stayed at cheaper hotels with park n fly and they
are always scary! Pay the extra bucks for a top of line hotel with free cookies.

• Liked — clean and friendly
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank mower4427
Big City, Missouri
Reviewed November 29, 2007

We stay at a lot of hotels, mostly upper-end. This Doubletree has some major service/management problems.

I dropped my wife off and left to return the car at Sea-Tac airport. She had five total pieces of luggage. ZERO help from the valet. Indide the hotel as she was trying to get to the checkin area not a single bellhop moved a muscle to help. She was bothered by a rotator cuff and got no help at all getting the bags into the hotel or once in the hotel. She called my cellphone and told me of the miserable service. When I initially arrived at the hotel the LAZY woman at the gated entrance to the hotel could barely rouse herself inside the booth to be bothered with a question about dropping off the bags. Miserable attitude. We've all met ones like her.
I later found out that the parking and outside car attendants are contracted out to another company. Its service is so awful I won't name it here. Clearly the inside service is as bad as the outside. My wife (normally a mild, retired CEO of a major institution) was livid. This is a big airport hotel with no food service prior to 6AM (except room service) in Seattle where most cross-country flights leave early or very early and you have to get to the airport early. No help with baggage. The other clear impression is that the bellhops don't provide service, they are there to be "hired." If you don't "hire" them they don't move a muscle. The concept of "service" is alien to them and this property. The combination of that plus the outside contracted driveway services is lethal.

Eventually (probably because of the discussion I had when I returned to the property with him) the front desk manager came up to the room to apologize. That was good service. That was the ONLY good service received. We arrived at the hotel from the Hotel Andra in downtown Seattle. It was excellent., but for an early departure from Sea-Tac one would have to get up very early there.

We didn't stay anywhere else so I have no other recommendations but this hotel has "location" but NO class.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — driveway/parking and bellhop service
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Insideinfo77
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 27, 2007

Stayed there in the tower for one night for the convienent services to airport and car rentals. Very good shuttle service. I love the doubletree beds! I stayed at one on the gulf in FL and it was better. IMO anywhere at the beach is better though!! It's a bit pricey but I know I will always have a good experience at a Doubletree. Gotta love the cookies too!

• Liked — The Beds
  • Disliked — Large property
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2007

I've stayed at the Doubletree several times when I need to fly in and out of Seattle. It's a solid 3* hotel and good value.

Pros:
- cookies upon check-in - one of my favorite things about the Doubletrees
- complimentary airport shuttle every 15 mins
- nice pools, rooms are very comfortable with excellent beds and Neutrogena toiletries and Wolfgang Puck coffee
- nice food selection in hotel

Cons:
- parking is expensive - $16/night. If you're just crashing for the night, the hotel has 1 night hotel plus x days parking that's not a bad deal
- no breakfast
- no free wireless in the room - it's a fee - don't remember what it was since I've never used it
- HUGE complex - both a plus and a minus - if you get one of the far wing rooms, you have a long way to walk after check-in

Overall, I think it's a great value, especially if you get a Priceline rate. The cons for me aren't a huge issue since I'm just overnighting it, but would be more significant for a prolonged stay.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KatieCanada