“Satisfactory but pricey”

Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Very large complex with a high rise and lower buildings. Paid for the upgrade to asuite but somewhat disappointed. The bathroom was large but had no space for toilettries around the sink (the sink had no cabinet or counter around it).

Parking was expensive.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,114)

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We came here after a cruise package. We were all tired. The staff was very quick about getting all of us checked in. The rooms were wonderful. A huge bed, coffee and tea in the room. There was also a very big desk with wi fi hook up. They have a shuttle that will take you to not only the airport or light rail but also the mall or select places to eat. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank peanutmarie3
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I was put into this property by an airline due to a maintenance issue, although I checked in late at night and had to leave early the next morning, I saw enough that I want to return! The pool area, lobby and view from the balcony were very nice, not what I normally find when traveling and especially not this close to the airport!

From reading others reviews I was not in the main towers, and only complaint was only being on the second floor someone was above me and from the sound they made walking must have weighed 400 pounds as it was very loud.

Other than that, I was greeted very nicely and professionally at the desk by a staff member that had a very irate customer on the phone, in spite of him trying his best from the portion of the conversation I heard, he continued to handle himself in a professional manner, then when he place the caller on hold to assist me, was very courteous and professional. As others have mentioned as well, who's night is not made better when checking in and receiving a warm cookie?

The room was nice, comfortable beds, good selection of pillows, nice TV channel selections (was no guide so I had to search for channels). The two sinks were nice (one in the bath portion and one by the closet) that would be a nice feature if traveling with your spouse or children. Also nice view of some trees out the balcony. While the wing I was in appeared to be older, you could tell they try to take care of it and it was very clean.

Overall, a very nice surprise, I have read on here it is best to request a room in the main towers, if not I would definatly ask to be on the top floor. I have also found that requesting rooms at the end of the hall are quieter.

I look forward to returning to this property with my wife and being able to spend more time in the city as well as what the doubletree has to offer!

Room Tip: If not in the main tower get room on the top floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Laterisers
Reviewed June 6, 2011

There is a 21$ overnight parking fee which we were not aware of when we parked. Our parking ticket was validated, but no one at the front desk told us there is a fee. I didn't know about the fee until I looked at my CC statement after I got back home.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank nenj
RissaWilliams, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for the time taken to write the review. I apologize if there was any miscommunication from our part in regards to parking. Parking in Seattle area is on a high demand and parking rates at our hotel are comparable with other properties (especially around the airport where parking is at a premium).
Our parking rates are posted at every gate, our guest directory and on our hotel website as well.
Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed June 4, 2011

We needed a place to crash and dry out our camping gear while we went downtown for an evening soccer game at Qwest stadium. We took the Doubletree Hotel free shuttle to the Sound Transit station just down the road, and then took the light rail to the stadium. After the game we took the light rail back to the airport, and had to wait a little while for the Hotel Shuttle which we thought ran "continuously", but eventually made it back to a very comfy bed and spacious room.
It was great that the bathroom had two sinks, one with the shower and toilet, and another across from the closet. Our balcony overlooked a lake, which was a nice surprise for an area in which most hotels overlook a parking lot. Our gear and tent dried out nicely out on the balcony.
Our final bill was slipped under our door before we woke up, so we just called the front desk from our room to confirm, then jumped in the car and were on our way.
We also got an amazing deal using Priceline.

Room Tip: Lake view means a long walk to the lobby
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comments and we are looking forward to your return!

Best regards as always.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

We also got this room for $50 on a bid from Priceline and we couldn't be happier! Everyone was super helpful and friendly. From the delicious and warm cookies each day to the extra coffee and cream we requested, a very pleasant stay. If only they could change the ugly weather in Seattle! Just kidding--the "sunny" hotel staff made up for that!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We needed a hotel near the airport for just one night, and selected the Doubletree. It was a great decision. Our plane landed at noon, and when I called about an early check-in there was no problem. In spite of the fact that a large convention was concluding and check-out time was not until noon, they had our room ready and waiting.

The room was spacious with a comfortable bed and a large selection of various pillows. There was a good TV, and nice bathroom with thick towels and plenty of hot water. Every room seemed to have a balcony. Our balcony looked over the pool enhanced with mature Pacific Northwest landscape.

We loved the decor of the hotel. It was very suitable to the geography, and we did not have that feeling that we were just in any big hotel in any big city.

We were especially impressed with the staff at the hotel. Our check-in and check-out were accomplished efficiently by pleasant and personable people.

You absolutely cannot beat a Doubletree chocolate chip cookie as a welcome treat.

My only complaint about this hotel was the charge for parking. I thought it was a little expensive for a hotel not located in the center of the city to charge $15 per day to park a car.

Nonetheless, we will certainly stay at this hotel when we return to Seattle again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple