“good hotel”

Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Ireland
“good hotel”
Reviewed May 25, 2007

stayed over at this hotel when traveling into and out of SeaTac airport in Seattle. thought it was convenient to airport, shuttle bus was prompt. price good, and room extremely comfortable and clean. staff very pleasant, breakfast was average. for airport stayover would recommend. for a really good value meal go to Davy's Diner (about 5 min walk from hotel) the chef knows how to cook a steak!

• Liked — comfortable room
  • Disliked — breakfast average
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed April 25, 2007

Stayed here for one night on Apr. 23rd. Found place very convenient to airport, clean, and comfortable. Staff was helpful and self-serve breakfast was ample and tasty. Parking is on-site and security is good. Would definitely stay again.

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — Lack of restaurant
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2007

I stayed here on March 21, 2007. I was in need of a hotel close to the Thrifty Car Rental so I could turn my car in without to much fuss. Thrifty is about an 1/8th of a mile away, and I needed to catch an early flight back to Texas. I didn't want to get tied up in traffic and get to the airport too late from the rent car facility. This Comfort Inn and Thrifty are about 5 miles from SeaTac passenger check-in and both Thrifty and Comfor Inn have 24-hour shuttle service to SeaTac.

The staff was very nice and gave me a reccomendation of a place to eat called "Dave's" just up the road and within walking distance. They recommended this over Denny's next to LaQuinta not too far away.
Dave's looks to be in a former resturant once owned by Denny's, same layout and floorplan, but the staff at Dave's had a tad more personality and their guacamole hamburger was VERY GOOD.

Comfor Inn has internet service desipte what some people believe. You will have to borrow a box from the front desk and plug your computer into it. Not a problem, it is a Cat-5 cable and compatible withh all newer style laptops. They do not have WiFi (yet) but advised they are working on it.

I'm glad I had a small rent car because the parking spaces are tiny. They offer covered parking and exposed... ]so you have a choice during rain, but don't be surprised if someone beats you to the covered parking first.

The room was very quiet and I had no problems with the roar of jets or car traffic. (I looked into a flea-bag motel about 1,000 feet of Comfort Inn, closer to Denny's and during my pre-view of the room, it was so noisey inside and moldy/filthy, I decided to pay $40 more and go with Comfort Inn.)

I checked out at 2:45 a.m., so I can't comment on breakfast HOWEVER, they did give me a bag-to-go consisting of a pastry, an apple and a can of juice.

Would I stay here again? Maybe... but I'll explore the option of staying at Sleep Inn which seems to have a lot of good reviews.

One tiny-tiny problem (and it seems to be prolific in this region of the United States...a little mold lined the rim of the bathtub and was hardly noticeable but still worth mentioning. Also, I had to stay in a handicap room because they were out of non-smoking. They had plenty of smoking rooms however and asked me if I could stay in one and I turned it down.

As far as smoking goes, I've stayed in hotels where my "non-smoking room" was just across the hall from a smoking room. This didn't seem to be the case at the Comfort SeaTac Inn. I never smelled cigarettes,
and maybe it was because of the aggressive public policy in place in Seattle.

One last note... Across the street from the Comfort Inn is a Casino that is totally non-smoking, although there was always someone standing outside near the front door taking a puff. I went there to eat dinner and had a tenderloin skewer on a bed of rice. While the restuarant and casino are small and the "atmosphere" not like what we see in Las Vegas, my meal was VERY GOOD and reasonably priced.

• Liked — Quiet and comfortable
  • Disliked — Tiny parking lot
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
afu1979
Reviewed February 27, 2007

I stayed here for one night before an early flight out of seatac. The room was OK but was listed as non-smoking and obviously recently had smoking occur in it.

My biggest issue was the hotel advertised in room internet but the internet requires an adapter that is only available from the hotel. When I finally figured this out because it was not obvious in the room, the front desk reported that they didn't have any adapters. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Liked — OK rooms
  • Disliked — internet access
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank afu1979

Travelers are raving about these SeaTac hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 15, 2006

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one night after flying into Seattle and before picking up our rental car. We were provided with Room 457 which is in the building at the rear. I had previously had email contact with the manager 'Carl' who had provided me with instructions on where to go and how to call the hotel shuttle from the airport. I followed his instructions and we were collected by the shuttle within 10 minutes.

We considered the room to be of a high standard with a king bed, microwave, mini fridge, iron and ironing board, large TV, airconditioning and a coffee machine.

An added bonus was free internet at a terminal downstairs near reception. I also noted that children under 18 were free.

I thought the breakfast was fine. There was a selection of pastries as well as 'make your own' waffles, boiled eggs, bagels, fruit and the usual juice, coffee, tea etc.

All in all, we were more than happy with the room and the service. The cost was $88.80 (US), including tax, which was quite reasonable.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable and quiet. Close to airport.
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank David-QPS
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 4, 2006

This is an okay hotel located near Sea-Tac Airport. We chose to stay there specifically for the late night arrival and because the hotel advertises a 24 hour shuttle. We arrived in the airport shortly before midnight and called for the shuttle and were told it would be there in five minutes. Three calls and almost an hour later the shuttle finally showed up. The driver had a range of excuses for why he was late, but it sounded as if he was goofing off somewhere and the front desk couldn't find him. Hotel was clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast the next morning wasn't replenished timel. All in all I'd stay elsewhere on my next visit.

5 Thank Nola069
san diego, CA
Reviewed October 2, 2005

We stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites Sea-Tac for one night pre-cruise. It was so much better than I expected. It was pleasant and clean with a nice complimentary breakfast. It was located a half block from a casino where we had a very good and inexpensive dinner. All in all, this is a good choice for someone needing an airport location.

7 Thank ellieca