First of all I'm going to say that overall this was a fairly good hotel. The guest rooms are what you would expect as far as Comfort Inns go... clean & fairly comfortable (bed was a little on the hard side).
Let me go from that statement to my check in experience. There were a group of us that arrived on an airport shuttle at the same time. I picked the wrong desk clerk. I had a guaranteed, late arrival reservation (and it was NOT late). It should have been easy, but no... The other clerk checked in four other guests in the time it took mine to check me in. In addition to that, our travel arrangements were made by a travel agent who had arranged transportation for the following day to the pier. This transportation was prepaid, and I was to arrange for a time at check in. My super-intelligent clerk didn't know how anything about it, and couldn't figure out how to check on it, so just told me the standard pickup times for the shuttle drivers to the pier. NO ONE would help us out, so we ended up on the shuttle the next day and had to re-pay the driver for the transportation.
In addition to that, this motel was probably previously a smaller hotel than it is now. At some point in time, building B was added to this hotel, and the architect who designed the addition should be shot. There are 2 separate buildings, connected by a walkway. If you are unlucky enough to get assigned to building B, above the first floor, you have to use 2 DIFFERENT elevators, long hallways (which can be confusing), and the previously mentioned walkway to get between the lobby and your room. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it took 5 minutes to walk between the lobby and our room. This would have been a forgivable design but for the fact that the walkway (which is literally JUST a walkway, with no rooms attached to it) is long enough, with nothing on either side of it, that the lobby COULD have been moved and built in between the two buildings. Had they done this, the lobby would have been centrally located to all hotel guests.
The free breakfast is located next to the lobby, so again, it's a hike between rooms in building B and breakfast. In addition to that, the seating area for "deluxe breakfast buffet" is nowhere NEAR large enough to accommodate a hotel of it's size. According to the hotel's web site, they have 176 guest rooms, and probably not 15 tables. We were lucky enough that while I was getting my breakfast, a table opened up so I grabbed it. Unfortunately, it was the last available table, and was right next to a decorative fourth-wall separating the dining area from the hallway to the lobby. A woman traveling alone and looking for a table decided to use this fourth-wall for her table. She sat down with her backside right in my face, and then proceeds to inform us that she had just worked out, and hadn't showered (and she wasn't making that up, as evidenced by her odor)! Here again, if they had relocated the lobby when they added the second building, they could have also expanded the dining area to accommodate more breakfast guests. The food was also a far cry from the "deluxe" that they advertise.
The hotel had an fitness center that no one bothered to tell us was there (I stumbled on it after breakfast when I wandered around trying to find a public restroom). And WHERE was the fitness center? Yes... behind the lobby!
To make matters worse, the lock to our room was not working properly. When we first arrived, I used my key to get in the room. The green light came on, but the door would not open. My husband used his, and after wrestling with the door finally got it open. We had problems every time we tried to enter our room, until the morning of check out, after breakfast, when it would not open AT ALL. Instead of hiking back to the lobby, I looked up the hotel's number on my cell phone, called the front desk and told them that I was a registered guest in room ###, could not get into my room, and wanted someone up there immediately to let me in. Instead of sending maintenance up, another rookie desk clerk comes up and (SURPRISE!) he wasn't able to let us in the room either. HE called maintenance to come up. Maintenance had a very difficult time getting the door open. He finally declared that the lock was broken, and informed us that these locks were very expensive! Like I'M the one who broke the lock?? In all, we stood in the hallway outside our room for 20 minutes before we were able to get back in.
In short, it's clean enough and comfortable enough for an overnight stay in between the airport and the next leg of your travel. HOWEVER, if you decide to stay there, I'd highly recommend that you ask for a GUARANTEED room in building A. Unless, of course, you enjoy a 5 minute, TWO elevator hike between the lobby and your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our SeaTac hotel is perfect for a quick shuttle to SEA before or after your flight, or for easy access to downtown Seattle via the Angle Lake lightrail station under 1/2 mile from the hotel. Join us for your business trip or vacation and enjoy a great rate and friendly service! We are conveniently located just south of the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport [SEA], with free airport transportation and easy access to the freeway, and free parking while you stay with us. When you are searching for SeaTac hotels for your Seattle trip, look no further than the Comfort Inn SeaTac, and start your day with our free hot breakfast, which features eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors! We look forward to having you in our house! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Sea-Tac Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Sea-Tac Airport Hotel Seatac
- Comfort Inn And Suites Sea-Tac Airport
- Comfort Inn Hotel Seatac
- Comfort Inn Seatac
- Seatac Comfort Inn