“Needs Redesign...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Salina, Kansas
“Needs Redesign...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

First of all I'm going to say that overall this was a fairly good hotel. The guest rooms are what you would expect as far as Comfort Inns go... clean & fairly comfortable (bed was a little on the hard side).

Let me go from that statement to my check in experience. There were a group of us that arrived on an airport shuttle at the same time. I picked the wrong desk clerk. I had a guaranteed, late arrival reservation (and it was NOT late). It should have been easy, but no... The other clerk checked in four other guests in the time it took mine to check me in. In addition to that, our travel arrangements were made by a travel agent who had arranged transportation for the following day to the pier. This transportation was prepaid, and I was to arrange for a time at check in. My super-intelligent clerk didn't know how anything about it, and couldn't figure out how to check on it, so just told me the standard pickup times for the shuttle drivers to the pier. NO ONE would help us out, so we ended up on the shuttle the next day and had to re-pay the driver for the transportation.

In addition to that, this motel was probably previously a smaller hotel than it is now. At some point in time, building B was added to this hotel, and the architect who designed the addition should be shot. There are 2 separate buildings, connected by a walkway. If you are unlucky enough to get assigned to building B, above the first floor, you have to use 2 DIFFERENT elevators, long hallways (which can be confusing), and the previously mentioned walkway to get between the lobby and your room. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it took 5 minutes to walk between the lobby and our room. This would have been a forgivable design but for the fact that the walkway (which is literally JUST a walkway, with no rooms attached to it) is long enough, with nothing on either side of it, that the lobby COULD have been moved and built in between the two buildings. Had they done this, the lobby would have been centrally located to all hotel guests.

The free breakfast is located next to the lobby, so again, it's a hike between rooms in building B and breakfast. In addition to that, the seating area for "deluxe breakfast buffet" is nowhere NEAR large enough to accommodate a hotel of it's size. According to the hotel's web site, they have 176 guest rooms, and probably not 15 tables. We were lucky enough that while I was getting my breakfast, a table opened up so I grabbed it. Unfortunately, it was the last available table, and was right next to a decorative fourth-wall separating the dining area from the hallway to the lobby. A woman traveling alone and looking for a table decided to use this fourth-wall for her table. She sat down with her backside right in my face, and then proceeds to inform us that she had just worked out, and hadn't showered (and she wasn't making that up, as evidenced by her odor)! Here again, if they had relocated the lobby when they added the second building, they could have also expanded the dining area to accommodate more breakfast guests. The food was also a far cry from the "deluxe" that they advertise.

The hotel had an fitness center that no one bothered to tell us was there (I stumbled on it after breakfast when I wandered around trying to find a public restroom). And WHERE was the fitness center? Yes... behind the lobby!

To make matters worse, the lock to our room was not working properly. When we first arrived, I used my key to get in the room. The green light came on, but the door would not open. My husband used his, and after wrestling with the door finally got it open. We had problems every time we tried to enter our room, until the morning of check out, after breakfast, when it would not open AT ALL. Instead of hiking back to the lobby, I looked up the hotel's number on my cell phone, called the front desk and told them that I was a registered guest in room ###, could not get into my room, and wanted someone up there immediately to let me in. Instead of sending maintenance up, another rookie desk clerk comes up and (SURPRISE!) he wasn't able to let us in the room either. HE called maintenance to come up. Maintenance had a very difficult time getting the door open. He finally declared that the lock was broken, and informed us that these locks were very expensive! Like I'M the one who broke the lock?? In all, we stood in the hallway outside our room for 20 minutes before we were able to get back in.

In short, it's clean enough and comfortable enough for an overnight stay in between the airport and the next leg of your travel. HOWEVER, if you decide to stay there, I'd highly recommend that you ask for a GUARANTEED room in building A. Unless, of course, you enjoy a 5 minute, TWO elevator hike between the lobby and your room.

Room Tip: Make sure you are guaranteed a room in building A.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dawn K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Room is a little dusty. Nice front desk and breakfast services. Free breakfast was of the standard quality.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

WHAT HOTEL ARE YOU STAYING AT & WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU SENSES?? Well, we asked the same question when we entered our room! Where do I begin...first of all, yes, the hotel is in dire need of remodeling as mentioned, however at $150 a pop where does the money go? The bathroom's toilet paper dispenser was loose from the wall, (when I mean the dispenser I mean the WHOLE encassment, where you can pull it out & see the inside of the wall), & when you closed the bathroom door it sounded like a machine gun due to the tight ill-fitting joints. Our air unit in our original room was clanking like a dropped muffler on the highway, so we swiched rooms to have THAT air unit only blow out fan air, which casued a dewey humid room. The bed was EXTREMELY uncomfortable, for our backs felt as if we were punched all over. Upon opening the closet to hang up clothes I could not close back the door, so it partially blocked our walkway. The designer of the hotel deserves an "award"...for it takes 2 different elevators to get to the main lobby if you are the 3rd floor & the hallways are confusing to navigate (think of the movie The Shining!!!!) And the best part of this review is the fact that outside our window when pulled back the curtains we saw tattered clothing hanging on some branches and remains of what appeared to be a homeless person's "bedroom". So, if you really are in need to stay by the airport do your research & stay somewhere else!!!!

Room Tip: Don't bother!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank IlapidDriver

Travelers are raving about these SeaTac hotels

Seattle,WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Room was clean. Staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was better than most continental breakfast. Plus it was constantly staffed, she kept it clean & tidy and refilled immediately. Hot food was fresh and hot. Quick check in/out! Great location very close to airport.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank judotam
Pekin, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed here the night before our cruise. Shuttle picked us up at the airport in a timely manner. Check in was quick and easy. Desk staff was freindly and gave recommendations on local dining. Room was on 2nd floor. Very spacious and CLEAN! Bed was comfortable, shower was refreshing. Everything in room worked fine. The breakfast was Fantastic!! Was constantly being refilled. The shuttle service was like none I've ever seen before. They took us to a local restaurant of our choice and picked us up when we called for return ride. We decided later in the day that we wanted to go to downtown Seattle. No problem, they took us back to the airport and we caught the tram. Upon returning from downtown, we called and the shuttle picked us up once again. Awesome service to offer. Will stay there again. Highly recommend! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jake3859
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Bring ear plugs and expect to use them. This is a low-end hotel in the "you get what you pay for" category. And you better not pay much 'cause you're not going to get a lot, but noise. Plan to hear your neighbors and anyone else near by. This place is close to the airport and that's about all it has in the "plus" category. There's nothing to walk to, unless you enjoy visiting/eating at smelly old scary casinos filled with sketchy people --that attraction is right across the street. Nope, I won't be staying here again. No way. No how. Never.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank takemewithu28
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Although the 2nd floor bridgeway to the second building wasn't clearly marked (we had to wonder around a lot), once we found our room we were pleasantly surprised. 2 queen beds and a fold-out couch in a very large room. The bathroom was shower only, which I actually preferred.
For me, the best part was the bed, it was perfect and didn't smell like dryer sheets or have annoying plastic layers. I slept very well, which is rare. The airport sounds weren't loud and the atmosphere was peaceful and clean.
I would recommend the hotel, but the continental breakfast was not to be recommended, it was too crowded and the room seemed unventilated. And some sketchy guys were hanging around the back door, which was supposed to be secure, but it seeed like they may have been sneaking in when someone left the building.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gelizabethp
Also consider these accommodations in or near SeaTac
Quality Inn Sea-Tac Airport
#17 of 34 in SeaTac
3.5 of 5 stars 829 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
Comfort Suites Airport Tukwila

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Sea-Tac Airport? Share your experiences!