All reviewswafflestaco bellthe free airport shuttlehot breakfastnice breakfastlight railhard boiled eggsan overnight stayrental carcerealdowntownprinter
Reviewed March 16, 2012

The hotel was fairly clean and the breakfast was fine (average offerings, but could last a little later for guests who don’t have to be up especially early), but the decor was dated & somewhat shabby. The bed was comfortable & not being very demanding guests, service from the staff was adequate. Check-in was pretty quick, but there was no effort to assist with luggage or offer any services.
"Valet" parking & speedy shuttle left something to be desired. Upon our return from Iceland I found the airport courtesy phone & the Comfort Inn put me on hold for 15 minutes (after an 8 hr. flight and traveling/being up for 24 hrs), my husband got on the other phone & got right through, told the shuttle would be there "in 10 minutes." After 15 minutes we called again --- it was FREEZING and while covered, the waiting area is outside. We were told "10 minutes." After another call (and being told "10 minutes") the shuttle arrived nearly an HOUR after we phoned. Not acceptable! When we got to the hotel no apology or remuneration was offered & my husband had to go fetch the car himself (from the uncovered, unsecure parking) rather than having the car ready for us at the door (they'd had PLENTY of time, considering the wait we'd had for the shuttle) ... not a lot of fun with the rain/snow mix falling and the freezing temperature. We will NEVER use Choice Hotels again.

Room Tip: As for adding a tip to help travelers choose a good room, my advice is: choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rsthall
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I, actually, got to stay at this motel twice...coming & going from Florida. As other reviews have noted, this place is getting rundown. Carpets, fixtures and appliances have all seen better days. Wifi is awful. Having said that, on both occasions, check-in/check-out were friendly and efficient. We had enough hot water, the rooms were clean, the beds were VERY comfortable and we enjoyed a quiet sleep.

The proximity to the airport is the selling point. Super close. Additionally, our room price (@ $69.00 US) was low enough as to excuse the quite noticeable deficiencies.

As such, this place should be considered as acceptable as a quick transit stay. Do not plan an extended Seattle visit with it, however.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank letterdude
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stayed here one night after work due to bad weather in January and was not impressed. The one positive was that the room was nice and spacious with a comfy bed. The tv was a very old style tv. It did have a fridge and microwave which is nice. But the lobby is not exciting in the least bit and my room was forever away from it. The smell walking to the room was not good and thats just putting it very mildly. The place desperately needs to be remodeled. Another annoying thing was that I needed cash to use the laundry room and the atm machine in the hotel wasn't working. So I had to walk across the street to the silver dollar casino to get cash. But I did have a decent meal at Silver Dollar so that was good.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I was sent to stay here for the night by Alaska Airlines due to a flight being canceled. It is like staying at a sleezy hotel. The room smelled of mildew/mold and old cigarette smoke. The guy at the front desk gave me a room as far away from the eleven story as possible. Being a woman traveling alone I do not feel safe. Just a very creepy dirty place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank crfty1
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Convenient to the airport, service at the front desk was friendly and helpful, property and room was clean, but room decor was worn, and wallpaper severely bubbling and peeling off in sheets in the room indicating that there is major moisture problem in the outside wall of the section of the hotel I was in, .

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business