“Very basic place to stay”
Review of Seatac Inn

Seatac Inn
Ranked #32 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Maine
“Very basic place to stay”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times when flying into SeaTac on a late flight - catching an early one in the morning. It is OK for just a place to stay for a few hours, but I would not plan a vacation around it. Both times I have stayed, the room had a kitchenette and a type of livingroom/bedroom. I like to stay here because I don't like paying a lot for 3 or 4 hours of sleep. The shuttle is good and the staff have always been nice to me. My rooms have been clean, but as others note, it is plain and dated. I will stay here again, but respect the views of the other submitters.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank IdrivealotMaine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We had plans to stay at this motel for about 9hrs, just to rest between flights, the room was old, out dated, cold, the heat would not work, the sheets had stains, and to top it off, it had roaches! I took pics of the roach, we gathered all our belongings and went to complain to management, first they told me in order for a refund I had call the agency I went through when I booked the room, I started making calls, then the story changed. They told us we can have another room, but no refund. No way! That was not an option, if a roach is in one room, they are in all rooms. What they finally did was refund half of the money. We had the room for 3 hours. I was unsatisfied, but took the cash and went to the airport. There was not half a roach in the room. I would not ever recommend this motel.

• Stayed March 2012
6 Thank 1coko
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because it was prepaid. Worst hotel I've ever seen. I'm surprised they are still allowed to operate as a business. Everything is old, and broken. My heat never worked. When I asked to change rooms attendants assured me that someone would come fix the heat. The repair person advised I should just unplug and re-plug the heater. I've attached pictures if the broken exposed outlet. I can't believe they would advise a paying customer to touch that. My door bolt was broken, so I didn't even feel safe leaving anything in the room. Also attached pictures. I could go on and on so I'll just say whatever you're saving/paying to stay here is still too much. If you want to sleep in a dirty freezing room with 3 pair of pajamas and a hoodie sweatshirt, then stay here.

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank KBellllls
Washington
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed at the SeaTac Inn only one night because I had an early flight to catch the following morning.

I waited about 10 minutes for the motel's shuttle to pick me up at the Seattle Airport located across the street from the SeaTac Inn. The East Indian driver was very friendly. It took only ten minutes to drive to the motel. I noticed that the parking lot was full of cars because the motel rents out parking space for $8 per day.

Check in went quickly and smoothly. The East Indian receptionist was very friendly and kind. She let me help myself to a glass of milk from the fridge in the lobby, which I appreciated as I was thirsty and a bit hungry.

My room was located on the second floor of the two-story motel. It was simple, as I expected: a comfortable double bed, a night table with a wall lamp, an aging color TV, a mini-fridge, a chest of drawers, a wall mirror, and a table wiith two chairs. The bathroom had a bathtub and a shower, plus a sink with several clean (but thin) white towels and two tiny bars of soap.

Overall, the room was fairly clean, although the carpet could have used a cleaning. I had to turn up the heater to about 80 which rendered the room temperature around 65, which was fine with me. I tried using the TV but I was able to receive only one channel, which itself was a bore. Instead, I used my own netbook along with the motel’s free WiFi.

Breakfast was very simple: coffee, tea or milk with a muffin. One could also eat at Denny’s Restaurant located right next door to the motel.

This motel is quite suitable for an overnight stay, and for that reason I can recommend it, especially for travelers on a budget.

Room Tip: Do not expect too much from this motel; after all, you're not paying very much.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Cyclopath43
Davis, California
Reviewed November 14, 2011

This hotel was close to airport, clean, and roomy. However, it was very dated and the
towels were way too thin. We did get a spacious "suite" and the bed was comfortable, but
the rooms need a make over. If you aren't looking to spend a lot of money and looking
for a quick overnight before moving on...this would do.

Room Tip: We slept downstairs, and it was a bit noisy. Perhaps a 2nd story would be a better choice.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed October 31, 2011

If you're traveling with kids or spouse, this probably isn't the place for you. It's the kind of hotel that you don't want to go barefoot in your room.

However, if you're looking for an inexpensive rack close to the airport, it meets both of those bills. It does border on being a 'dive' hotel and probably the only reason that I don't give it a lower rating is because the staff was extremely polite. I'm accustomed to low-rent hotels being staffed with equivalent personnel, but that was definitely not the case here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ArchiTraveller
Kent, Washington
Reviewed August 28, 2011

My daughter booked the hotel for us online and she made a good choice. The location was perfect. The hotel was right next to the airport, and there is a train to do downtown within walking distance. The hotel is a bit dated but the room was clean. This customer service was really good. The people at front desk were very helpful and shuttle service to the airport took only five minutes. I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family