“Wonderful, out of the way, quiet”
Review of Huckleberry House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roslyn
Huckleberry House
Ranked #1 of 1 Roslyn B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 6, 2013

What a wonderful host with a wonderful house. The house has a large community kitchen and a great sitting room upstairs. We stayed in the downstairs room right off the kitchen. There is a door that seals off the kitchen area so you have the bedroom, bathroom, and small sitting room with a door outside to the hot tub in complete privacy. The upstairs sitting room is filled with books and of course, tapes with every episode of Northern Exposure you could possible want to see. The night we were there we were the only people there so had the house to ourselves. The host is in the house next door. It was also cold with temperatures near 10 degrees. Thus the house was cool but the host made sure we had ample heat in our room for a comfortable nights sleep. The house is only one block off downtown so you are easy walking distance to have dinner or just walk around town. We were traveling along I-90 and considered staying in Cle Elum but the short 3 or 4 miles off the interstate to Roslyn is well worth it for a very quiet place to stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 4, 2013

My wife and I loved the experience of Huckleberry House. The innkeeper was attentive but not intrusive. The accomodation was clean, ecosensative, and quiet. We found ourselves slowing down and enjoying the town and then resting in the B&B. We want to return soon.

Room Tip: They are all cozy and clean.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gideonsband56
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here twice now. We LOVE Roslyn, and this place is perfectly situated up the hill from Village Pizza (BEST pizza!), Roslyn Cafe (Yum), Roslyn Brewery (quaint tasting room) and the quirky Roslyn Theatre. The stay was very relaxing, rooms were nice, and Don (the owner) made a great breakfast each morning we were there.

I also got a bonus with our last visit. It turns out Don is an avid mountain biker. He was more than willing to take me on a little tour of some of the great mtb. trails that Roslyn has to offer. There is some great terrain and trails that local riders have been working on, and Roslyn is certainly an up-and-coming mtb destination. We'll be visiting again as soon as we can, and hopefully the Misses approves a ride or two while we're there! :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kentmokent
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My stay was acceptable in most respects but a booking misunderstanding perpetuated by poor communication at their end wound up costing me more than I had expected. Having said that, the lodging itself and the hospitality was good.

Room Tip: When booking, make sure to get a clear confirmation as to the room and price.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have been staying at the Huckleberry for 11 years(!) on my annual trip to Roslyn, WA. It has truly become my home away from home. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. I have been there both on my own and with my family (including when my daughter was 3 mos old). It's a perfect spot to walk to everything in town, including restaurants, bars, shops, the Sunday market, the art walk and more. Don & Sibyl are wonderful. The breakfasts are enough that we usually skip lunch and the goodies they bake are a nice treat. If you are lucky to get Arthur to come by (a local teenager with incredible baking skills), you will be treated to even more treats. The hot tub and porches are comfortable and relaxing. The house is well over 100 years old and has a lot of charm and history but the rooms are clean and comfortable. The ghosts are nice and will quiet down if you ask them. I've traveled there in both summer and fall.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Moosechick
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Once again, our stay at Huckberry House B&B was wonderful, peaceful, relaxing and lots of fun. Don & Sibyl and their little family are wonderful hosts and make sure everyone feels at home at the house. The library has videos and books and comfortable furniture. The claw-foot tub/showers are great for soaking or a quick shower after a hike.

Room Tip: We like the Gypsy at the "town end" of the house. It is farthest away from the stairs so s...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Velvet21
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Huckleberry House and they were very relaxing. We drove from western Washington and actually turned around because we had forgotten our swimsuits for the hot tub. When we arrived we were very sad to find out the hot tub was broken and there wasn't much motivation to have it repaired - it should be taken off the site as it was one of the main reasons I selected this B&B. Owner was very friendly, breakfasts were delicious and had a great time meeting the other guests. Was nice to get away from city life for a couple nights!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rebecca F

Been to Huckleberry House? Share your experiences!