“Great Chicken Fried”

The Pastime
Ranked #15 of 20 Restaurants in Roslyn
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We were walking the streets during a great little vintage trailer rally in the City Park Fathers Day weekend. We ducked in because I heard the Chicken Fried Steak was great. Great food for us trailer trash! It was good. Great service, will be back next year!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stopped in for our "last real meal" before a few days on the PCT. Our group of 4 all enjoyed their breakfast. Good coffee (really important) and probably the best Chicken Fried steak I've had. Nice lady that owned the place was our waitress. We were sure glad they were open as choices can be limited in Roslyn

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Depending on the day and who is working. This place has great food, especially breakfast and a margharitta for a bad hangover.

They have a family dinning area and an adult dinning area. It is on pennslyvania street in Roslyn where they made the series of Northern Exposure.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Pastime is pretty basic, but then again, Roslyn isn't exactly The Big Apple. It's clean, I'll tell you that, and may well be the only place in Roslyn open for an "actual" hot breakfast -- you know -- hashbrowns, eggs, toast, bacon -- like that. The kitchen, open to view, is clean and excellent health-department-style protocol is strictly adhered to. I pay attention to stuff like that and you should too! The food is not as cheap as it looks like it's going to be when you first walk in the door. Most choices are about ten bucks and surprisingly, there is quiche on the menu, although I had the perfectly presentable bacon and eggs and have no complaints. The servers were cheery and genuine and came by with coffee as frequently as ever I could wish, so there's that. Okay, I'm too much of a snob to make this my "regular" 1-90 breakfast spot, but maybe if they got that square foot of bottled condiments off the tables and replaced it with a wildflower in an empty ketchup bottle, I could get over it.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

but we found it's better to pay as you go versus running a tab - easier to reconcile, but perhaps this was just a bad couple of times