“Cinnamon Rolls”
Review of The Eatery - CLOSED

The Eatery
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We did not eat at the restaurant, but grabbed one of Tootsie's famous cinnamon rolls. I hate to say this but they were as good as mom's or better (sorry mom) and my mom was an outstanding cook. Anyway, if you are just passing thru stop and grab a cinnamon roll you won't be sorry.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stopped in based on the recommendation from another traveler at our Motel. We were not disappointed. Get there early for the opportunity to try one of the freshly made cinnamon rolls - we recommend getting the whiskey sauce as well. Delicious! We also had a 3 egg omelet which was outstanding. The current chef has been there about 1 month and she makes a great breakfast. She is very friendly and personable, as was our waitress.There are a lot of old time artifacts, interesting photos, and great family history to investigate.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went here for breakfast. Service was polite, food was good. But there was chaos and confusion written all over. We were luck enough to get our grub in an hour. Some were stranded and not even offered coffee for a long while. Orders were messed up and re-confirmed. Eventually if your food arrives, it probably would taste good. They need to staff up or train people on taking orders and serving. Just to be clear, the servers were very polite but just confused and dazed.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were the only ones in the restaurant so got lots of special attention... we now know our waitresses entire family tree... That said the food was good old fashioned food and tasty. Best meatloaf I've tasted. The dessert fridge was well stocked with tasty looking pies - but I was too full to try them out. The kids had tasty and healthy meal options too which we liked. The place was decorated with all manner of old things, butter churners, cream separators old irons old kettles and lots of stuffed bunnies. Its worth the visit just to check out the stuff crowded onto any spare bench or window sill.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Every year I make a trip to the Rockport area in December/January timeframe to take pictures of eagles. And every year we eat at The Eatery. First off, the food is excellent and has been every time we've eaten there.
I say "overworked staff" because several times that we've eaten there, there seems to be only 2 people working---a waitress and a cook. I felt bad for the waitress yesterday because she was the only one waiting on tables until shortly before we left when a gentleman came out to help some. Our waitress was not friendly at all, but I can't blame her--I'd probably be a bit unfriendly as well if I had to be the waitress for the whole restaurant by myself.
The food though is really good, so we'll be back!