“Hidden 10% Surcharge”

Lucky Eagle Casino & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was blind sided by a 10% "hospitality fee" at this casino hotel. The hotel is on an indian reservation where the staff think they are more important than the customers.

The rooms were okay.

Check in and check out at the front counter was slow and unapologetic. When I checked in, an employee behind the counter smiled at me and then walked away leaving two other staff with lines of customers waiting to pay and stay at their tank town hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 28, 2012

First, I think most people who don't bring a dog would be pleased with the facility. It's modern, the spa is good, the continental breakfast is generous. The walls are just a little thin, but it's a casino hotel in the country.

Yes, they allow dogs for a fee. We've done that plenty of times with our lab mix.

On check-in, I asked if there were any special rules. They said no.

Then I started walking our dog. There's a little grassy area near the main roadway, not very conducive to play.

Most of the open area in the complex is asphalt parking lot. It's fenced in -- and everything outside the perimeter is dense bush. So OK, we walk around the parking lot. Our dog is friendly, always has success greeting people. Not here. Employees walk away from dogs like they're the plague.

A little later, a security guy walks up to us, says we can't walk in this parking lot -- the other parking lot is available, and he talks up the features of the grassy area by the busy road. I just nod and think "no way".

I ask at the front desk about some open area. The lady there tells me about the play area about a 1/2 mile away, part of the tribal complex. Great. Unfortunately, the walk there along the edge of the road didn't feel safe, so we drove. OK, I get to exercise our dog on the ball field. All seemed well until some locals, I presume people from the tribe started yelling obscenities at us. Oh well.

Bottom line, better than average hotel, but expect a cold shoulder to your dog.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tietack
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was a last minute choice as we were traveling recently throughout Washington State. The hotel is approximately 10 miles west of I-5 in the Chehalis area, but we decided to take a chance. The hotel and casino appear to be fairly new construction. The hotel is very nicely appointed, with quite a bit of art representing the tribal culture -- there is even an area leading to the breakfast room which has recordings [push the button under the represented art work] by tribal members telling important myths and stories of the tribe.

We were offered a king room for $99 if we joined the Player's Club in the casino, which sounded fine with us. The room was large, very roomy, with a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker and a small sink, plus two bottles of free water. Tons of storage in several areas, plus a closet. Unfortunately, the bed was very firm and didn't cushion shoulders and hips at all. We asked housekeeping if they had a mattress topper of foam/egg-crate and they said no, but they did bring us additional pillows. I have serious problems with my neck and shoulders and a too firm mattress is very painful. I wish more places would have the foam toppers to address this issue -- folks withe joint problems or arthritis simply can't tolerate a too-firm mattress.

The rest of the complex was very nice. There is a relatively large section of slots which are smoke free, although overall the smoke issue didn't seem bothersome in the rest of the casino. They have a steak restaurant as well as a very good buffet and apparently have an auditorium for shows.

Staff was very friendly and definitely tried to please. Breakfast was a smallish area, not nearly as well appointed as other common areas, but had the usual free breakfast offerings of scrambled eggs, fruit, waffle-maker, breads and muffins.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2012

After reading a few reviews on TripAdvisor we were a bit concerned about the less than stellar comments reguarding this hotel but decided to take a chance and book it. All I can say is what a surprise! The service was fantastic, the facilities were top notch and the rooms were spotless. Check in was quick and easy. The steakhouse at the casino was great and very affordable prices. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I'm a long time Lucky Eagle Casino customer, I'm glad to see that they have included a Hotel its very nice keeps with the image of the Casino. Now if they just had something to do in Rochester besides the Casino it would be a nice getaway place. Maybe Horseback riding some other attractions will be the next step... I hope.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at the eagles landing hotel on Sept 22-23 We were told we could check in at 3 o'clock so we left the casino got all of our stuff out of the car and walked to the hotel . When we got there, us and about 15 other people were all standing at the desk very unhappy. We were told the room would not be ready until 3:30 or maybe later, we were told it would probably be a good idea to return to the casino and maybe call the hotel and see if the room was ready later.or we could go into the hotel casino . non of us wanted to do either. I promised the people who were waiting that i would send this review . I think this is a very poor way to run a business. This has been happening since the new part has opened. This is the second time we have had this problem. My Aunt was up there in Aug and ran into the same problem. What is going on. One of the ladies waiting was using a walker and said she couldn't walk back and forth. One thing i found interesting...NON OF THE STAFF SEEMED TO REALLY CARE!!! It was more like ......this is how it is so deal with it.
There are other hotel and casinos in the area and if this is what has happened to the Eagle we will be moving on. It is really a shame because this was our favorite casino and hotel! Maybe it's gotten too big to care about it's customers. How sad!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deanna G
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed with a friend for 2 nights during a 5 day bus trip. So the Sun Fun Tours made check in a breeze. Nice rooms, very nice pool and hot tub. The bridge on the 3rd floor connects you with the casino. The Scatter Creek Grill restaurant in the Lucky Eagles Casino has fabulous food, real flavor, great service, and resonable prices. The casino should upgrade their ventilation system to combat the smoke from smokers. The location is in a 'forest', so there's not much choice of activities. A nice stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Grand Mound Centralia
Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
Little Creek Casino Resort
15 mi away
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites
Olympic Club Hotel & Theater

Been to Lucky Eagle Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!