“Terrible Service!”

McMillin’s Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
McMillin’s Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roche Harbor Road
Transit: No public transit in San Juan County
Description: An Island-Certified-Local restaurant with fresh products from local waters and fields, this classic dining option is a wonderful place to celebrate the best of Roche Harbor. If you can't decide from our sizable seasonal menu, you might settle on our house specialty, a 40-day aged prime rib. The Wine Spectator award-winning wine list is abundant in NW selections to give you the taste of place we're so fortunate to live in.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

So I received an email from Roche Harbor Resort to rate my recent stay. This is the third time I have left a review and have had no response from the management staff. We took advantage of a living social deal and got half of the original rate of the Historical Cottages. They were very cute and had plenty of room for a family of five. The boys enjoyed playing outside and we enjoyed the sculpture park close by. However I don’t feel they are worth the original rate which is $500.00 per night. They seriously need some updating, cosmetically and they absolutely need new beds. At least our cottage did, one of the queen beds was slanted. Therefore no one slept on that bed. The bunk beds seemed fine but the other queen wasn’t much better. Again, they need to invest in new beds. I enjoyed the location but again to charge that much for what you are getting seems a little high. My husband and I ate at McMillians. This was our second time eating there. The first time we ate there the food was good however the service was terrible. Sad to say that this time was the same. I have left a review before after eating there and got no response. We still wanted to give it a chance because we had enjoyed the food and it was so close to where we are staying, very convenient and not much else was open on that Sunday evening. Well sadly we should have gotten a pizza. It literally took 25 minutes to get a drink after being seated. We almost walked out but by then it was after 8:00pm and there wouldn’t be many choices. Shortly after we got our drinks the busboy came with bread. Where were they a ½ hour ago? I noticed them, they were just walking around. When the waitress brought our drinks she apologized and told us that the bartender was new. Well then go help him? The restaurant was not even full. We ordered our food and everything arrived on top of each other. I wasn’t even done with my salad and my steak arrived, then desert before we were even finished with our meal.. The bill was over 150.00.. The food is very good and prepared well, it’s obvious they have a good chef. However invest in your staff! The service can make or break a restaurant. Unfortunately we will be going back to the Friday Harbor House Inn and won’t be back to Roche Harbor. A little upset that the resort asked for a review about our experience and they never responded to me. If you want a good meal and great service I would recommend the Duck Soup Inn which is 15 minutes away. We had an excellent meal there and really enjoyed the surroundings. The service was exceptional and deserving of the price. The only problem is there not open on Sundays that is why we couldn’t go there the last time we stayed there. Also, Vinnie’s is a great place to eat as well.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

The duck is to die for. I've never had duck and I can't say enough about it! As well as the kobe steak. Amazing. Samil the waiter is the best thing about the whole experience! I'd take him everywhere if I could. Great man. Thank you fora great experience!

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

From the start of entering in to a window view of this beautiful harbor to the finish of seeing the check, we had a fantastic time.

The service staff was the best we've encountered; educational, friendly, and prompt.

I ordered a three course meal to try their "smaller" plate mains along with a seafood starter and a salad. Every bite was wonderful. You must try their Calamari- simply the best I've ever had. My entire table couldn't keep their forks out of my plate which was nearly licked clean. Yes, it was that good. The Cesar salad was simple but tasty and their scallops were exquisite as well. One of our guests ordered filet and seemed to very much enjoy that as well.

Having a listing of smaller portioned, lower priced main dishes lets those lighter eaters enjoy the delicious food and regular portion eaters enjoy more variety. I highly recommend this place.

I've done nearly fifty reviews from restaurants around the globe and have to say this one truly deserves a five star rating overall.

1  Thank rtkidd88
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our food was good was really good. All four members of my family enjoyed their meal. Service was not the best, my 11 year old even said "they aren't very friendly here", and a mistake was made on our bill (thank goodness I caught it).

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

What a great place, food was great ...lobster bisque maybe the best ever and their MacMillan Salad with Maytag Blue fresh, green and delightful....and the Halibut, perfect! Service was perfectly timed and prompt without hovering, we will ask for (Leslie) again.

The evening was great already but when we were seated at a seaside window... The evening lights had the whole harbor aglow and just when you think it can't get any better Fireworks!!!

What a great memories from this evening, Roche Harbor and MacMillan's Dinning Room...an Independence Day we will not forget. Thank you!!