“romantic dinner - excellent service”

McMillin’s Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
McMillin’s Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roche Harbor Road
Transit: No public transit in San Juan County
Description: An Island-Certified-Local restaurant with fresh products from local waters and fields, this classic dining option is a wonderful place to celebrate the best of Roche Harbor. If you can't decide from our sizable seasonal menu, you might settle on our house specialty, a 40-day aged prime rib. The Wine Spectator award-winning wine list is abundant in NW selections to give you the taste of place we're so fortunate to live in.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My (now) fiancé booked a weekend at Quarryman Hall for us and I decided to propose to her at dinner. I called the managers of the hotel and McMillan's Dining room to help set up a surprise proposal.
Everyone there really went the extra mile to make this go better than I ever imagined. I felt that the entire island was working together to create a romantic surprise fit for a romance novel. Candace and Mary-Ann flawlessly choreographed my proposal in the restaurant and made sure everything went well without alerting my girlfriend to the surprise.
The food was excellent both nights and the people working there were very helpful and friendly. We were both surprised that the dinners were so reasonably priced.
we will be returning to this special place in the future

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We at in the Bar, there is a table in the bar that is in coved windows, I think it is the most romantic room in the whole place

Reviewed October 6, 2013

If you are on the island, Do yourself a favor and go up to Roche Harbor. It is a beautiful village with a lot of history. McMillan's wasn't originally where we were headed for dinner but we are so thankful to have ended up there. It was truly one of the THE best meals I have EVER had. The menu features 4 courses of small plates. We started with the local mushrooms sautéed and served with toasted baguette and goat cheese. Next the Dungeness Crab bisque warmed us up and was just what we had been looking for all over. for the third course I got scallops with bacon and onion relish on Yukon mashed potatoes. these were well prepared and a well flavored dish. My friend got the trio of steamed prawn, lobster tail, and Dungeness crab stuffed scallop with a prawn risotto. we shared dessert trio of lemon tart, chocolate lave cake, and local mixed berry cobbler. they were all amazing and we left extremely pleased. the service was excellent. I will definitely return if I am ever on San Juan Island again!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Wonderful meals. Small plates available. Lamb enchiladas and morel crusted tenderloin really nice.

They could use a nice affordable house wine. Good wine list but pretty expensive.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I'm a bit reticent to let people know about this place, because I don't want it to become any more popular than it already is. But, I shouldn't be greedy, so I'll start by saying that the location is overlooking one of the most beautiful and serene harbors I can recall... I'd go just for the view. But - you don't need to do that, because McMillan's provides an experience that gets better and better. Four of us all ordered different cocktails, appetizers, entrees, and dessert - and all sampled each others' meals. Every single thing - our entrees ranged from duck to scrumptious prime rib to fish to shellfish - was prepared perfectly. My martini was perfection. Dessert - sigh... yes, I want to go back! The waitstaff was excellent - knowledgable and personable - better than many fine restaurants in cities like New York or San Francisco or Florence. Recommended wine was exemplary.
The dining room was refined, even though it felt casual and overlooked the boats in the harbor. Go before sunset to watch the lowering of four flags - Canada, Great Britain, Washington state, and the U.S.A. - it's a ritual which is beautiful, and moving.
We were there in "shoulder season", and it was busy... we needed a reservation. If you go in the summer, I'd call well in advance!!! It is worth it -- go!