“Very Clean and Nice”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ritzville
Spokane, Washington
“Very Clean and Nice”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed at the Cedars one night on a short notice trip. They same couple have owned and operated the motel for several years now. You can usually tell a lot about a place when you drive up. This one says my owners care! Nice grounds, clean parking lot and the owner was outside working. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is as good as some large chains. The rate was excellent even more so considering it was nearing hoop fest weekend!
Give them a try!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Mandan, ND
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I travel a lot and have stayed in so many hotels but this one is the worst of all of them. First I got there at 2 am and waited for half an hour for the manager to wake up and come check me in. Then I asked for a non-smoking room but the smell of cigarette's was so bad in my room. The managers are so not nice at all and the cleaners don't speak English which makes it difficult when you ask them that you need clean towels or bedding. Also if you guys need the internet to be reliable, don't count on theirs!!! I also needed to fax many documents, but they charge $1/page. But I think the worst of all is that they are so slow at "cleaning" the rooms (or just so lazy), I had to wait 2 hours for them to finally finish, and by then it was 3 pm (and that was the case for every single day of my 2-week stay). I had to ask them each day to do simple things, like make the bed and vacuum. They never cleaned the bathroom or the countertops by the sink. I asked the manager several times for them to do these things and also heard the workers in the hallway trying to teach each other what it meant to clean a room completely. So please think twice before booking with these guys.

1 Thank Mat P

Travelers are raving about these Ritzville hotels

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a good place for an overnight stop nearby Interstate 90. Rooms are clean and quite and the price is okay. They offer breakfast, but you have to come early for the full buffet. And there are few restaurants around for dinner.

• Stayed May 2013
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here in January, traveling alone between Salem, OR and Missoula, MT. I booked the hotel through Booking.com and (per usual) didn't read the rules. I tried to cancel the reservation when I found I was making really really good time and didn't want to stop at 5 PM.
Due to booking.com's rules I would have forfeited my payment cancelling so late. Got to the hotel and they felt kind of badly that I couldn't change my reservation. The information from booking.com didn't include that I had a dog with me and he decided to not charge me for the dog.
Service all around was great, hotel is clean and while showing some wear and tear, I felt completely safe and comfortable staying alone.
The owner gave me the restaurant run-down so i could grab a little dinner and retire for the night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable at a great price. Staff was friendly and helpful. Sheets and linens were lesser quality but in good condition. Carpet, appliances, furniture were in very good condition. The microwave and fridge worked fine, and the TV was good. Nice desk with plugs for chargers (a nice touch!.) Outdoor pool on site, and fair accommodations for a small conference setting. No restaurant on site, but a local caterer provided good food for the conference.

I would call it a great value overnight place along the way, very convenient to I-90 (but far enough to be quiet), and a couple days would be quite comfortable.

Room Tip: Nearly any room should be fine. Second floor is always nice for a bit more quiet.
Seattle, WA
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was looking for an inexpensive stopover on a long trip to avoid the alternative of getting up at 3am and driving straight through. It's relatively inexpensive and conveniently located to I-90.

Things got off on the wrong foot when I arrived. Normally at check-in, they ask to see ID to verify you're the person paying with credit card. Considering that I pre-booked with Expedia, it should have been an academic exercise. However, with this motel, they *scan* the ID. I asked, but received no explanation why this was necessary. Considering how often I see reports of identity theft from a database being hacked, I'm very concerned.

The room was about what I expected for the budget. It was clean, but strictly no-frills, but unlike nearly every Hilton I've stayed, they had extra outlets for charging my computer. The wi-fi internet access was unreliable. Signal was fine, but the connection was prone to timing out. I finally gave up and relied on tethering to my cell phone to get the information I needed for my destination. I liked that they had the big soap dispensers in the shower.

Unfortunately, as soon as I had the lights off, the in-room fridge started screeching then shut off. I... must have been tired because it sounded like a wounded animal, the kind of noise you *do not* want to be hearing as you're trying to settle down. Lights on, armed with a shoe, I finally realized the fridge compressor was the cause and turned it off completely. I had a really hard time sleeping after this.

The continental breakfast was fine: hot waffle maker, cereal and coffee.

So overall, it was not the good night's sleep I was seeking. Next time, I would look to stay at the Best Western next door.

Room Tip: If you're not using the refrigerator, shut it off.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Ferndale, Washington
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Have stayed here in the past when it still bore a hotel chain name. We usually end up here when Pullman regional area hotels are all booked up due to WSU functions. The room and hotel are still clean enough but starting to show some nicks and dings. The mattress has seen better days. It took an effort not to roll to the middle during the night. I'm not heavy but every movement tossed my wife on her side. The other furnishings are 2 star hotel average. There is a small fridge, iron and ironing board, no coffee in room. One tiny bar of soap was in the room and the tub/ shower used liquid dispensers for body wash and shampoo. The security card lock on outer door was not functional. I skipped the free "breakfast" it was some dubious looking gravy and biscuits or a few choices of carb loaded cereals. I did see some boiled eggs one morning when passing through.

Room Tip: At the end farthest from the office you may hear semi truck refer units running at all hours outside...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hikestick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ritzville
Best Western Bronco Inn
#1 of 1 in Odessa
Top Hat Motel
Top Hat Motel
#3 of 4 in Ritzville

Been to Days Inn Ritzville? Share your experiences!