“Good choice for overnight stop”
Review of Days Inn Ritzville

Days Inn Ritzville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ritzville
“Good choice for overnight stop”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a good place for an overnight stop nearby Interstate 90. Rooms are clean and quite and the price is okay. They offer breakfast, but you have to come early for the full buffet. And there are few restaurants around for dinner.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here in January, traveling alone between Salem, OR and Missoula, MT. I booked the hotel through Booking.com and (per usual) didn't read the rules. I tried to cancel the reservation when I found I was making really really good time and didn't want to stop at 5 PM.
Due to booking.com's rules I would have forfeited my payment cancelling so late. Got to the hotel and they felt kind of badly that I couldn't change my reservation. The information from booking.com didn't include that I had a dog with me and he decided to not charge me for the dog.
Service all around was great, hotel is clean and while showing some wear and tear, I felt completely safe and comfortable staying alone.
The owner gave me the restaurant run-down so i could grab a little dinner and retire for the night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable at a great price. Staff was friendly and helpful. Sheets and linens were lesser quality but in good condition. Carpet, appliances, furniture were in very good condition. The microwave and fridge worked fine, and the TV was good. Nice desk with plugs for chargers (a nice touch!.) Outdoor pool on site, and fair accommodations for a small conference setting. No restaurant on site, but a local caterer provided good food for the conference.

I would call it a great value overnight place along the way, very convenient to I-90 (but far enough to be quiet), and a couple days would be quite comfortable.

Room Tip: Nearly any room should be fine. Second floor is always nice for a bit more quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, WA
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was looking for an inexpensive stopover on a long trip to avoid the alternative of getting up at 3am and driving straight through. It's relatively inexpensive and conveniently located to I-90.

Things got off on the wrong foot when I arrived. Normally at check-in, they ask to see ID to verify you're the person paying with credit card. Considering that I pre-booked with Expedia, it should have been an academic exercise. However, with this motel, they *scan* the ID. I asked, but received no explanation why this was necessary. Considering how often I see reports of identity theft from a database being hacked, I'm very concerned.

The room was about what I expected for the budget. It was clean, but strictly no-frills, but unlike nearly every Hilton I've stayed, they had extra outlets for charging my computer. The wi-fi internet access was unreliable. Signal was fine, but the connection was prone to timing out. I finally gave up and relied on tethering to my cell phone to get the information I needed for my destination. I liked that they had the big soap dispensers in the shower.

Unfortunately, as soon as I had the lights off, the in-room fridge started screeching then shut off. I... must have been tired because it sounded like a wounded animal, the kind of noise you *do not* want to be hearing as you're trying to settle down. Lights on, armed with a shoe, I finally realized the fridge compressor was the cause and turned it off completely. I had a really hard time sleeping after this.

The continental breakfast was fine: hot waffle maker, cereal and coffee.

So overall, it was not the good night's sleep I was seeking. Next time, I would look to stay at the Best Western next door.

Room Tip: If you're not using the refrigerator, shut it off.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Ritzville hotels

Ferndale, Washington
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Have stayed here in the past when it still bore a hotel chain name. We usually end up here when Pullman regional area hotels are all booked up due to WSU functions. The room and hotel are still clean enough but starting to show some nicks and dings. The mattress has seen better days. It took an effort not to roll to the middle during the night. I'm not heavy but every movement tossed my wife on her side. The other furnishings are 2 star hotel average. There is a small fridge, iron and ironing board, no coffee in room. One tiny bar of soap was in the room and the tub/ shower used liquid dispensers for body wash and shampoo. The security card lock on outer door was not functional. I skipped the free "breakfast" it was some dubious looking gravy and biscuits or a few choices of carb loaded cereals. I did see some boiled eggs one morning when passing through.

Room Tip: At the end farthest from the office you may hear semi truck refer units running at all hours outside...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hikestick
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed in Cedars Inn for one night, and really enjoyed it. It was late in the evening, and we were tired and needed a place to stay. We found this hotel near the freeway, and didn’t expect much. To our surprise, the room was spacious and clean, with a refrigerator, microwave, and desk for using computers. The free WiFi was fast. The bed was comfortable and breakfast was good. It’s not a fancy hotel, but a good place for budget travelers. Make sure to show your AAA card to get discount.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Snohomish,Wa
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Everything was fine with room 109 that we stayed in ,the only complaint was that the shower needed repair,dribbled half of the water out the downspout,the room had a microwave,tube style tv,safe,soap dispensers in the shower,refrigerator clothes iron and comfy beds.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ritzville
Best Western Bronco Inn
#1 of 1 in Odessa
Top Hat Motel
Top Hat Motel
#3 of 4 in Ritzville

Been to Days Inn Ritzville? Share your experiences!