“Blech”

Ranked #25 of 31 Restaurants in Ridgefield
Cuisines: American
“Blech”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Uninspired and lackluster. Staff was nice enough but the food was not good. Should have consulted trip advisor in advance.

• Visited July 2013

United States
“Not worth returning for lunch”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Had lunch there and was very disappointed. Seemed over-priced for run-of-the mill food. Perhaps their breakfast or Mexican food is better, but I don't plan to return to find out. They must be doing something right, though, since there are always plenty of cars in the parking lot.

• Visited February 2013
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I stopped in for a quick lunch on our way south on I5. We were encouraged by a large number of cars in the parking lot, however, we soon discovered that our initial optimism was in error. The place was busy, which was the result of a tour bus visit. We were led to a booth without too much delay. Fine so far. But then things slowed down, and we waited....and waited. Menus came, and frankly, I was surprised by how expensive the food was in light of the disappointing atmosphere of the place. A basic hamburger and fries was $6.95. if you want cheese, that's $.75 more. Bacon? Add $2.15. Hey, this is Ridgefield, WA - not some big city! And, okay, if the hamburger was really tasty, then it might be worth the price, but this baby was cooked as dry as a bone, and was nothing special. My sister was pleased with her big biscuit with gravy with hard egg, chicken, bacon, and cheddar cheese. It was much more than she could eat. I regarded my experience at Country Cafe as poor and my sister rated it as average.

Visited April 2013
Ridgefield, Washington, United States
“COMFORT All the Way”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Since New owners, cleaner and food much improved. They are not real quick so enjoy your company and you will be rewarded with heaping hot plates of my fave breakfast chicken fried steak! (plenty left to take home or share a plate)

Visited December 2012
Woodland WA
“Prepare for a pleasant surprise at I-5 exit 14 in Washington State”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Far better than your usual Interstate Exit eatery. Breakfast all day and plenty of it. The Huevos Rancheros are excellent. French toast is great and a very large portion too. This is family owned and operated and we've always had prompt and friendly service. Prices are affordable and the restaurant is clean.

• Visited November 2012

Been to Country Cafe? Share your experiences!