“Just fine for an over night stay”

Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Richland
Reviewed September 1, 2010

The Red Lion in Richland is a clean comfortable place to stay over night. We had a King room with river view. Nothing fancy, once upon a time it probably was much nicer but the decor feels like 1970, it really could use some updating. Still for the price I could not complain. The only "problem" we had was the breakfast at the hotel restaurant. It was not that great and the wait staff was not very attentive and slow. Denny's is accross the street, should have gone there instead, oh well.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 23, 2010

Although this hotel was conveniently located just 2 miles from our business meeting, the building and rooms were in need of updating. I had a king bed room, which was quite large, almost handicapped proportions, but the bedspread and curtains were at least 20 years old, or looked it (frayed stitching etc). The countertops and tile were updated (granite) and the toiletries were small but nice. Hairdryer in room. I had a balcony that overlooked a middle courtyard space. The pool area smelled like the river so I didn't go in. The wi-fi took forever to connect and kept dropping in the room.
Continental breakfast is not included automatically unless you book it that way ($7.95) and it was oatmeal, eggs, bacon, yogurt etc.
For $165 I have stayed in much nicer.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We pride ourselves on our great location and I was sorry to read your experience was not fantastic. I have already passed on your comments to my Managers so that we can correct any deficiencies regarding room decor and wireless connection.
The pool, I can assure you, is in tip top condition. I am not sure why you experienced a "river smell" but again we are open for business and popular as ever.

Once again thank you for your feedback.
Until we see you again ...safe travels.

Reviewed August 14, 2010

This hotel has it all. Great rooms, beds, restaurant and lounge. Large swimming pool and hot tub and a beautiful river right out the door and miles of walking, running and biking paths. There is a river boat that moors not far away and great golf courses very close to the hotel. The service is wonderful and the staff always helpful (they remember your name!) A safe place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Thank you so much for writing a review. We certainly pride ourselves on our great staff and the location we have.
We strive to create a fantastic feeling for everyone when they visit, and it sounds like we hit the mark with you!
Thanks again for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2010

This Red Lion is located right on the Columbia River in Richland, WA. Overall, I had a good experience. My room was clean, the staff at the front desk always greeted me when I walked by and helped me out when I needed it, and the hotel itself is within walking distance to a few restaurants (don't waste your time with the restaurant in the hotel, it's not too good and a little pricey). Nothing about this screamed luxury, but it's a basic hotel chain that gets the job done. I highly recommend staying here for a stress free trip.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Thank you so much for writing a review. I was so glad to read you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel to be very clean and friendly. I will certainly be mentioning your comments at my next staff meeting!!
I was sorry to read that you did not find our restaurant "too good". We are known in the area for our restaurant, perhaps, on your next visit you would like to try us again...I'm sure it you will see just how good we can be.

My staff and I truly value your feedback , once again thank you.

Reviewed July 14, 2010

I was booked to attend the July 9-11 District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses, to be held in Kennewick WA. On July 8th, a Red Lion representative called to say that they were experiencing some problems with a few rooms and asked if I would be willing to transfer by reservation to the Richland WA property. My first reaction, albeit silent, was to "pass" on the request, as I had experienced an issue with the Richland management in 2008. My mother was dying, and I had to cancel my reservation a few days before the convention I was to attend. No amount of appeals would move the management to refund my deposit. I had never had that problem with the Kennewick Red Lion, where I had stayed many times. However, I thought to myself: "Give them another chance." The Red Lion representative offered complimentary breakfasts for our small group, which we found to be very satisfying. And he even met us when we checked in, following up to the next day to see that our stay was going well. That is good service. The Richland staff was top-notch, a-one. I am happy that I stepped back and tried the Richland property again. We have decided that it is our one of choice in the future.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We truly appreciate your patronage and your feedback.
It really was very accommodating of you to move from our Kennewick property to Richland and it is so nice you are going to make this hotel your home away from home in the future.
I am also truly sorry about your prior experience at the hotel, the Management team you mentioned is no longer with us.
We are looking forward to seeing you next year (or sooner)...untiil then ..safe travels

Reviewed June 18, 2010

I travel often to Richland, WA and the Red Lion Hotel is my first choice. I really like the location and proximity to down town and the area restaurants. It is also convenient in that you can walk and not worry about driving after having a couple of drinks.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2010

Thank you so much for writing a review! I appreciate your description of the hotel's location. It gives other travelers a real idea of what to expect when they come and visit our wonderful property!

Reviewed June 10, 2010

The hotel is situated on the Columbia River, which is just steps away. The walkways and pathways along the river give the hotel a comfortable and homey feel, and, as you observe people, everyone seems to be having a great time. The breakfast buffet was very good, and inexpensive, a nice value. The pool and spa were open, and our grandaughter, who was visiting us, enjoyed them, as we all did.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We certainly do appreciate the business we receive, but more importantly we enjoy the relationships that are created when we have a guest stay in our home!

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!