“Very clean, Friendly staff, Standard hotel”

Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Richland
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very clean, Friendly staff, Standard hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2010

This Red Lion is located right on the Columbia River in Richland, WA. Overall, I had a good experience. My room was clean, the staff at the front desk always greeted me when I walked by and helped me out when I needed it, and the hotel itself is within walking distance to a few restaurants (don't waste your time with the restaurant in the hotel, it's not too good and a little pricey). Nothing about this screamed luxury, but it's a basic hotel chain that gets the job done. I highly recommend staying here for a stress free trip.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this review, August 27, 2010
Thank you so much for writing a review. I was so glad to read you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel to be very clean and friendly. I will certainly be mentioning your comments at my next staff meeting!!
I was sorry to read that you did not find our restaurant "too good". We are known in the area for our restaurant, perhaps, on your next visit you would like to try us again...I'm sure it you will see just how good we can be.

My staff and I truly value your feedback , once again thank you.

Ian - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Lewiston, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

I was booked to attend the July 9-11 District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses, to be held in Kennewick WA. On July 8th, a Red Lion representative called to say that they were experiencing some problems with a few rooms and asked if I would be willing to transfer by reservation to the Richland WA property. My first reaction, albeit silent, was to "pass" on the request, as I had experienced an issue with the Richland management in 2008. My mother was dying, and I had to cancel my reservation a few days before the convention I was to attend. No amount of appeals would move the management to refund my deposit. I had never had that problem with the Kennewick Red Lion, where I had stayed many times. However, I thought to myself: "Give them another chance." The Red Lion representative offered complimentary breakfasts for our small group, which we found to be very satisfying. And he even met us when we checked in, following up to the next day to see that our stay was going well. That is good service. The Richland staff was top-notch, a-one. I am happy that I stepped back and tried the Richland property again. We have decided that it is our one of choice in the future.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We truly appreciate your patronage and your feedback.
It really was very accommodating of you to move from our Kennewick property to Richland and it is so nice you are going to make this hotel your home away from home in the future.
I am also truly sorry about your prior experience at the hotel, the Management team you mentioned is no longer with us.
We are looking forward to seeing you next year (or sooner)...untiil then ..safe travels

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

I travel often to Richland, WA and the Red Lion Hotel is my first choice. I really like the location and proximity to down town and the area restaurants. It is also convenient in that you can walk and not worry about driving after having a couple of drinks.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this review, June 21, 2010
Thank you so much for writing a review! I appreciate your description of the hotel's location. It gives other travelers a real idea of what to expect when they come and visit our wonderful property!

Colbert, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2010

The hotel is situated on the Columbia River, which is just steps away. The walkways and pathways along the river give the hotel a comfortable and homey feel, and, as you observe people, everyone seems to be having a great time. The breakfast buffet was very good, and inexpensive, a nice value. The pool and spa were open, and our grandaughter, who was visiting us, enjoyed them, as we all did.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We certainly do appreciate the business we receive, but more importantly we enjoy the relationships that are created when we have a guest stay in our home!

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

Hotel was short-staffed when we arrived but it was a holiday weekend, they were sold out, and maybe someone called in sick. The hotel has been well maintained and is clean. There are no funny smells and the beds/linens are nice and cozy.

GOOD:
+ Very dog friendly
+ Nice, helpful staff
+ Beds, linens
+ Location (adjacent to a very nice riverfront park)
+ Clean
+ Secure

BAD:
- Shower curtain not long enough so you flood bathroom with shower
- Maintenance could be a bit better especially on the exterior (light bulbs, etc.)

I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Randal S
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We truly appreciate your patronage.

I do apologize for the shower curtain being too short, we have already placed an order to replace them, and maintenance has checked the parking lot for light bulbs...thanks for bringing these points to our attention.

We are looking forward to your next visit, until then, safe travels.

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2010

This is an older hotel that has a GREAT location right on the river. The hotel has been updated and is very comfortable. I do not recomend the food however.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this review, May 12, 2010

I did see you would not recommend our food...Please on your return visit let us try agin, we are well known in the area for the quality of food we produce.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.
Renton, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2009

I went for a job interview and was put up at the Red Lion. I had never heard of this chain before but was pleasantly surprised. From the outside it looks like an older "resort-style" hotel. The property was clean, which was a thumbs up right from the start. The room was also clean, spacious and nicely furnished with 2 beds and nicely quiet. Free wireless was a nice touch.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this review, May 18, 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We truly value you patronage, and take great pride in the overall experience a guest has when visiting us.
We look forward to seeing you again soon - until then - safe travels