“A Historic Hotel in a Historic City”

Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Richland
Seattle, Washington
“A Historic Hotel in a Historic City”
Reviewed June 9, 2010

Hotel was short-staffed when we arrived but it was a holiday weekend, they were sold out, and maybe someone called in sick. The hotel has been well maintained and is clean. There are no funny smells and the beds/linens are nice and cozy.

GOOD:
+ Very dog friendly
+ Nice, helpful staff
+ Beds, linens
+ Location (adjacent to a very nice riverfront park)
+ Clean
+ Secure

BAD:
- Shower curtain not long enough so you flood bathroom with shower
- Maintenance could be a bit better especially on the exterior (light bulbs, etc.)

I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Randal S
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this review, June 21, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We truly appreciate your patronage.

I do apologize for the shower curtain being too short, we have already placed an order to replace them, and maintenance has checked the parking lot for light bulbs...thanks for bringing these points to our attention.

We are looking forward to your next visit, until then, safe travels.

Ian - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 21, 2010

This is an older hotel that has a GREAT location right on the river. The hotel has been updated and is very comfortable. I do not recomend the food however.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this review, May 12, 2010
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We certainly do appreciate the business we receive, but more importantly we enjoy the relationships that are created when we have a guest stay in our home!

I did see you would not recommend our food...Please on your return visit let us try agin, we are well known in the area for the quality of food we produce.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.
Renton, Washington
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I went for a job interview and was put up at the Red Lion. I had never heard of this chain before but was pleasantly surprised. From the outside it looks like an older "resort-style" hotel. The property was clean, which was a thumbs up right from the start. The room was also clean, spacious and nicely furnished with 2 beds and nicely quiet. Free wireless was a nice touch.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this review, May 18, 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We truly value you patronage, and take great pride in the overall experience a guest has when visiting us.
We look forward to seeing you again soon - until then - safe travels

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2009

Great location, very nice rooms w/wonderful beds, nice amenities. Pleasant check-in. Nonsmoking hotel, but loud cigar smoking party on the first floor ruined my second floor balcony experience, and I could also hear them over the TV with the door closed. Kids running up and down the hall slamming doors all night didn't add to the ambiance either. Checkout was poor in that they did not acknowledge me when I walked up (too busy having a conversation) and the only interchange I got is "looks like you're good to go" after I said I was checking out and the room #. I gave them my comment card and told them the toilet was leaking from the base that they might want to look at. No thank you, no follow up, nothing. I'd also asked the night before for a one hour late checkout and even though I'm a Red Lion awards member, I was not accommodated, and from the looks of it, they were not full that night. For as nice a property as it is, I expected a little more. Perhaps they can work on a few things.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I do apologize for the issues you had when you were here - your comments are very important to us and have been addressed already.
We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Hanford House - it really is a great location.

oregon
Reviewed June 6, 2009

It is 2:35 in the morning. I tried to contact the front desk for over ten minutes to make a noise complaint for which I had to eventually talk to the other room. Horrible. Since they are still loud I am on the phone again... it is ringing...three minutes and I eventually got someone to pick up.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank want2sleeep
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry that it was not as comfortable as you would have expected. I have informed my management team so this does not happen again .
We strive for excellence at the Red Lion and would love to see you back here for a visit... a chance to redeem ourselves.

Until then - safe travels.

Rochester
Reviewed July 15, 2008

Great Place to stay while in the tri-cities. Right next to the Columbia River, Rooms are nice, pool area great, restaurant with great food. We will definitely stay here again if we come back to Richland. We were here for my daughters fastpitch tournament and it is great to have a comfortable place to stay and clean and nice after being in the hot sun all day. Did I mention the beds are the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on!

• Liked — The mattresses
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Our hotel credo is Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family. We strive to create that homey feeling for everyone, and it sounds like we hit the mark with you!

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

remond wa
Reviewed May 14, 2008

I agree with the last guy, only good with the Price line rate. And the other guy, "you can't cover age with paint". It's an older place, and a little rusty if you look too close. The room was clean, beds ok. Only major problem was that the AC in the room was broken, so it got rather warm at night, and the ground floor window is a patio door, so you can't keep that open all night. Check in was easy, and the front desk guy recomended a great place for dinner, Atomic Ale brewery just a short drive away.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple