“Great location between the street and the river. Good price”

Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Richland
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Very reasonable cost hotel. Very comfortable bed. Room was clean quiet (street side 2nd floor). If you like walking/running there is a paved trail behind the hotel that goes for miles along the river - very pleasant. Pool in the back of the hotel. Breakfast is $7.95 and OK - nothing special. Parking is free.
Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms have some views, and on the even number side have views of the river. Other side of...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here and found the bed comfortable and the cost reasonable. When in town again we would love to see you.

Safe travels.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Our room was not ready upon arrival and long wait....ready when we returned from dinner. Since no upstairs rooms available landed up on main floor with room which had no screen door for fresh air. Hanford House used to be a beautiful hotel but seems rather dated now. Lobby straight out of the 1960's.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!
I do, however, apologize for our shortcomings on this occasion as this is not the norm at the Hanford House. We would love to see you stay here once again so we can restore your faith in us.

Until then safe travels

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The staff at this Red Lion was wonderful, both on the phone and in person, on every occasion when I dealt with anybody. It's so nice to feel like your business is welcome.
The hotel is modern, attractive, clean and comfortable. I had a relatively spacious room with a nice outdoor area with a small table and a couple chairs, very pleasant.
The restaurant in house is pleasant and, again, the staff attentive and friendly.
The grounds are pretty and well maintained, and a nice area was designated for use by pets. There is also a lovely park adjacent, and it's right on the river - very picturesque.
I have only good things to say about this Red Lion.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!
I must say it was very pleasing to read all the positive comments you made, particularly as you are a seasoned contributor to Trip Advisor.
We certainly appreciate your business and I was glad to see it came across that way. The hotel is in a beautiful location and with our recent upgrades we are definitely the place to stay in Richland.

Safe travels

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I found this hotel to be better than I expected from other reviews. Room was very clean and nice to have a pet-friendly room. Very quiet despite the fact there were 5 very well-behaved youth baseball teams there also.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thanks you so much for taking the time to write a review!
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and found us to be better than expected.
Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Every woman working the front desk was rude and inflexible. We were placed in a room on the road and across the street from a park with loud outdoor concerts and movies every night until Midnight and the front desk refused to even consider moving us to a quieter room. We got no sleep whatsoever and received no sympathy from the rude front desk employees. Employees in every other department (restaurant, housekeeping, etc.) were great but the "front line" people had already ruined the stay for us.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thanks you so much for taking the time to write a review!
I was very disappointed to read of your experience with our Front Desk as they are normally noted as being very friendly. I do apologize for the situation you encountered as the hotel was fully booked during your stay and therefore we were unable to move your room. We would love to see you back here again soon and I would personally look after your booking; for assistance I can be reached at 509-946-7611.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed here on a trip from central Wyoming to the coast of Oregon. This hotel was a little difficult to find (the tri-cities area of Richland, Kennewick, and Pasco is a maze of highways and interstate connections) but once there, it is well worth it. Pet friendly, which is a necessity as I travel with a large dog. But, it was so much more. I got a room with a courtyard view which meant there was a table and two chairs on a little patio outside an exterior (there was also an interior) door. What a bonus! And the courtyard was beautiful. There is a swimming pool and hot tub and beautiful landscaping with gorgeous flowers and shrubbery. I did not have time to take advantage of the pool, but this motel would be a good place to stay longer! I ordered dinner from room service and it arrived quickly and the person who brought it had no problems with my enthusiastic dog. A huge plus to this location is there is an 8-mile river walkway very close to the motel next to a park. I walked my dog there late at night and again the next morning and it was simply gorgeous. When I checked out in the morning, the person at the desk gave me excellent directions to get back on the highway and it saved me much time and anxiety.

Room Tip: If you ask for a courtyard view, you get a door leading outside with a table and two chairs and a lo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review!
I am so glad you liked the room and landscaping, we are so lucky to have such a great location and our groundskeeper has been with us for over 30 years. Thank you also for your comments regarding the staff I will be passing them on to them today.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

OK, yet another chain of hotels. The place is well located, the rooms are spacious and clean if a bit run down. Carpet is old and could use some renewing but, all in all, better than many much more expensive hotels. I couldn' agree more with FigaroHere. Trying to get my computer charger to stay inthe outlet took some engineering and architecture. And the outlets are just not enough. Choose between having the alarm clock, a reading lamp or charging your cell phone next to you. The phone ended up in the bathroom every night.
Breakfast is really nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay!
I'm so glad you enjoyed the location and found us all in all better than many more expensive hotels. I am looking into the outlet issue as you and a previous guest mentioned.
When you are next in town we'd love to see you again...safe travels until then.