“Good Value in the Tri-Cities Area”

Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Richland
“Good Value in the Tri-Cities Area”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Older hotel, but very clean. My room was updated with new furniture and everything worked well. The front desk service was fine as well. They do close the dining and bar area early if there are limited patrons, so get a bite and drink early just in case. All in all this is a good place to stay in Richland.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
WA
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here for a meeting over in Kennewick at the convention center. It worked out well with the airport transportation and the meeting arranged transportation to the convention center. The hotel was clean and nice. The location was good and we enjoyed being on the river. The staff was pleasant and very helpful.
I recommend it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Our reservation was made with a friends and family stay rate and I felt like I was at the inquisition. I've used the F&F at other Redlion's and never had a problem. After stepping up to the desk I was asked for my F&F form (hum, never needed that before)... since I didn't have that, the desk person proceeded with the questions "what's the managers name?" Since my daughter works for RLH and not me I said What I thought his name was "what's the phone number there?" How should I know, I don't work there, "can she fax me the form?". "Here I'll just have you fill one out". After this wonderful interaction we proceeded to our room which was probably viewed much more critically by me because I was less than happy by my front desk experience. The room smelled stale and musty. We had one mini shampoo, lotion and bar of soap. I decided to have tea (of which there was only one) only to find no creamer or stirrer. Sigh.... My one opportunity to get away for two days was tarnished by my less than stellar front desk reception. Why would you treat an employees family like they were trying to rip you off by getting a F&F rate? We won't be back, there are 2 other RLH in the area.

• Stayed August 2012
Elke S, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you taking the time to provide feedback. While the company does require that you present an iStay voucher at check-in, it should not feel like an inquisition if you don't have it. We certainly could have aquired the necessary information with a simple phone call to the other property after we got you settled in. I am sorry that it was not handled better and I can certainly see how it would tarnish your first impression. I sincerely hope that we get the opportunity to serve you again in your travel needs. When you get the chance for another weekend away from it all, please contact me directly and I will personally handle your reservation.

Take Care,
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The Red Lion is the best of the hotels on George Washington. Slightly more expensive but has a fantastic river view (riverfront rooms are more expensive). Reception people are quite helpful and accommodating. Breakfast is worth having, if for nothing else than the morning river view.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I grew up in Richland, and had always a romantic idea of the Hanford House, it was the only hotel in Richland in the early days.. So for a high school reunion, even though the hotel had obviously changed hands, we booked as it still looked like the nicest place in Richland. Ha! That may be, but after experiencing their really bad, uncaring service, and an unacceptable dirty room, which was not cleaned until the second day, and that at 4:00. I am really sorry we didn't book at Days Inn, or someplace cheaper, as paying less, your expectations are lowered. Oh did I mention the outside sliding glass door, on the ground floor, wouldn't lock, providing us with a laugh, as there was a sign on the door that guests MUST lock the door WHENEVER they left the room. At least it didn't matter, keeping the outside door closed, as the AC was not working either--need I mention it is really hot in Richland in the summer? They told us at the desk that they were experiencing a high volume of guests, and that was why that wasn't working, no explanation re the broken lock. The lock never was fixed, although the maintanance man showed us how we could kind of lock it. And the AC was working as we checked out the 3rd morning. Not only would I never stay at this Red Lion, I also would never (perhaps unfairly) stay at any Red Lion again. I did never receive even one "oh, so sorry" from the staff, including the GM. I notice the management answers every negative review, better they spend the time taking care of complaints at the time!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Miriahm D
Elke S, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Hello Miriahm D.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; knowing where we fall short is the only way we can improve. First, please allow me to apologize for the disappointing weekend you endured at our property. It certainly appears to be an unfortunate “comedy of errors” on our part.

I would like you to know that after speaking with my staff they have been re-trained to escalate any guest safety concern ~ the lock not operating properly ~ directly to management. A lock that “kind of” works simply is not good enough.

Our Housekeeping department has begun working with an outside consultant to improve our effectiveness and efficiency. It is our sincerest hope that all guests will benefit from this new initiative.

Unfortunately, our air conditioning does not always keep up with demand. As you stated, it does get really hot in Richland in August. Engineering does their best to keep the system working at peak performance. We should have done more to accommodate you.

I am sure that had only one of these things happened you could have enjoyed your weekend here; but that’s not the case. I would like to personally say I’m sorry to you and your guests for not meeting your expectations or our own standards. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Please contact me directly at 509-946-3839 if there is anything that I can do to assist you with making a reservation here or at any of our properties.

Take Care,
Bonney Lake, Washington
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here on a recent wine tasting trip with some girlfriends. We had a lower level room with 2 queen beds and the buffet breakfast was included (a little over $300 including tax). For the cost of the room, I would expect a nicer place. None of the outlets in the entire room worked on the bottom socket???? The bathroom was terribly small and needed some serious updating....there was only one tiny bottle of shampoo, one tiny lotion and one tiny soap. the bedding appeared to be newer, although the beds were terribly uncomfortable.......my back hurt for a few days afterward. The outdoor pool was large enough, but was a bit dirty.....no smell of chlorine being used. The breakfast area is nice and the buffet was good, except for the mystery eggs....they tasted weird....fake eggs? I have stayed at many different types of places, but for the price, this is dissapointing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MomInWA98391
Elke S, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thanks for writing a review.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. I have informed the Director of Engineering to address several of your concerns. And we are in the process of updating our toiletries to larger size containers for all of our guests.

I hope we get the chance again to show you how good we can be!

Take care,
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The hotel chain must be struggling finanacially because even after letting them know about maintenance issues, we come back a year later and nothing's fixed. This time the service was lacking as well. We came back to the hotel late and the room attendant had not left us any towels. When we called the front desk to ask for towels, the response was not as friendly as we would have liked; in fact the words "I'm sorry" were never spoken.

There were several other annoyances on this stay, including bugs in the bar and being trapped by hotel sprinklers but I won't go into them. Nor will we be staying here again.

Room Tip: River view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Randal S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so sorry that we completely missed the mark during your stay. Our staff does take pride in the property and making our guests feel welcome. Unfortunately, we clearly did not live up to those standards.

I hope you give us the opportunity again to show you how good we can be.

Take care,