“A Wonderful Hotel by the River”

Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Richland
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I have stayed at red lion twice, and on both occasions I was extremely satisfied. On both my stays, my room was on the farthest end of the first floor, but the walk is well worth the view from my room! Staff are courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Rexoy
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review!
We certainly do appreciate the business we receive, but more importantly we enjoy the relationships that are created when we have a guest stay in our home!

We look forward to your next visit ,until then, safe travels.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

I enjoy the Red Lion hotel in Richland. Its my favorite place to stay, I'm actually going back Monday october 31st for a couple days. I love the convinence of the hotels location, and the staff is absolutly wonderful. I do feel they need to know just how fabulous each and everyone of them are. My room is always clean, and the breakfast is always the best. So thank you for taking the time to read my lil review. I really would like some kinda coupons to get a better price or something if u all have any kind of promotions going on.

Sincerly,
PeggySue Conner

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank peggysueconner

Thank you for taking the time to write a review!
Our hotel credo is Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family. We strive to create that homey feeling for everyone, and it sounds like we hit the mark with you!

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!
(Please check our web site for promotions, there is always something going on!)

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Restaurants overlook the walk path along the Columbia River -- very beautiful grounds, well-maintained landscaping and attractive courtyard. The restaurant is wonderful -- lots of choices plus a buffet breakfast. The staff was wonderful -- provided shuttle service to the airport which saved at least $55 for us. The bed was comfortable and the room spacious. The colors are in the tan/brown family so it appears a little dated and drab but the amenities make up for it. We were there to spend time with convalescing parent. Only a short walk to the Kadlec Medical Center as well as restaurants, library and some shops. The staff was helpful when called upon to change and extend reservations. My husband and I were very pleased!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lalucas416

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review!

I have passed your comments on to all the staff here.

Looking forward to your next visit..

Thanks again

Reviewed September 7, 2011

Just driving through after a visit in Seattle headed on to the Midwest . We loved the park for a walk before we retired for the evening! What a beautiful river-- felt like our stop here helped us connect with the area . A true destination not just a pit stop !

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Wankie

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! As the owner of a 150lb dog I can also verify what a great place it is. Plenty of trails, the river and the hotel make it, as you said, "a true destination and not just a pit stop". Don't forget the 300 plus days of sunshine each year.

Look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed September 6, 2011

Our little sports car broke down and we were hauled on a flatbed into Richland, Wa. Spent night at the Red Lion while waiting for the car to be repaired. We had a very spacious room with a balcony overlooking the river which had a lot of activity on and around it at the time. Families having picnics, swimmers, boaters, water skiers etc. It was delightful to sit on our balcony and watch. Our room was clean and comfortable. Computer in the Business Center was the slowest that I have ever experienced. Be sure to have your own laptop with you if possible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river with a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank judy_rafu
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed here three nights in September. We were selling our house and stayed here when the movers packed up our stuff. The hotel is next to the river and Sterling diner. It looks old inside and out but was clean. We checked into our room in the late evening. The lady at check-in was nice. The room was a nice size and the bed was very comfortble but the bathrooms had black mold. It was in the bath tub, on the shower curtain, on the tile on the floor, and even in the closet. We did not notice how bad till the next day when we took our shower. I put towels down inside the bathtub and on the bathroom floor. The bathroom door had water damage. It looked like there may have been standing water from a leak and the bathroom was not cleaned and air out properly. I called Housekeeping in the morning but just got a busy signal. I left two messages with the front desk about the mold. I left a note for the maid to try to see if she could get rid of it. She did try to scrub it but it was going to take some kind of electrical scrubber or some type of special cleaner to get rid of it. I have never seen such mold in a hotel room before and wonder if regular guest just put up with it? I did use the laundry room. When I went to the front desk to get some quarters for the laundry room, they told me they did not have enough for me and to go to a gas station or store nearby. I could not belive a full service hotel could not exchange some dollars for some quarters. Luckily another hotel staff member had some extra quarters in his pocket to exchange with me.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Candace71
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Thanks for writing a review on your stay!
I was however extremely disappointed to read of your experience so I ask you contact me at 509-946-7611 so that I may discuss further with you and put corrective measures in place.
This is absolutely not the standard we strive for and I do apologize for your issues.

Thanks

Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stayed at the Red Lion Hanford House for one night, and that was enough.

The hotel itself is OK, but rather dated. 20 years ago I'm sure it was nice, which was about the last time it was updated. The front desk staff were nice.

The room was marginally clean and smelled musty and the air conditioning was barely up to the task of cooling the room and adding some ventilation.

The bed was saggy and had obvious wear/depressions. The pillows were small and little more than loose bags of foam rubber.

This hotel is better than sleeping in your car, that is about it.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I really do appreciate the feedback you provided.
I am sorry your stay was not as you would have expected but am very happy to report we will be upgrading our rooms next month. This will include a new bedding package and flat panel TVs in all of our rooms. Our engineers have checked the A/C system and made some adjustments...the system is cooling much better again.
Let me know when you will be back in town and I'll handle your reservation personally.

Thanks again