Tripadvisor

“Great place for dinner”
Review of Taverna Tagaris

Taverna Tagaris
Ranked #12 of 194 Restaurants in Richland
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Taverna Tagaris is always a good place for dinner. Cozy in the winter and they have a great outdoor patio for the summer. The food is always good and parts of their menu change several times a year but the favorite standards stay on.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (223)

Reviewed October 9, 2019 via mobile

I love this place. I only go here when it’s sunny or not, when I’m happy or not, and with other people or by myself. The room is pretty and elegant, so at first I was a little intimidated, but the service is so warm and welcoming that I just cozy in. The menu shifts to accommodate the season. Outside seating is delightful. Big selection of Tagaris wine to enjoy. Food is fancy and casual at the same time. I just feel so at home at Taverna Tagaris. I hope you will, too.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 18, 2019

They are perfectly nice, but it was a mess. The patio was cold and it was a challenge to get them to turn on the fire. My steak was overcooked. Although I usually am not the type of person who sends food back (my family worked in restaurants, so I try not to be difficult), for the price, I felt like I had to. (I had also discussed the preparation with the server, so I was clear.) He offered to bring a new one in 10 minutes. Everyone at my table had their food. There was a mistake, so I didn't get it until everyone had finished eating and was paying the check. A few people waited while I tried to shove down a $50 steak as fast as I could. It was ok. Not great. I wasn't offered anything for the trouble - not a complimentary glass of wine, dessert, discount - nothing. So for one glass of wine (which was the average price for a drink on their menu - not one of the higher-end wines) and a steak that I had to shove down, I paid $83 after taxes and the service charge. For those prices, I expected better.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 10, 2019 via mobile

Kiwanis Organization held a trading class for officers in the banquet room for about 50 of us. It included a continental breakfast and a buffet lunch. The selection for breakfast and lunch was good and there were generous quantities. Pastries, yogurt and fruit with drinks in the early am, and for lunch there were two flatbreads, steak and BBQ chicken. Also a cheese, meat and olive platter and a large bowl salad. All of the food was tasty and the flatbreads were cooked like good pizzas. Service all day was very good, keeping the water and coffee available and fresh.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 1, 2019

We stopped here for lunch before heading to Moses Lake. We sat at the bar and ordered a red wine flight and a margherita flatbread. Flatbread was just okay, with the bottom crust a little soggy and the sauce being slightly sweet. Not my favorite. We are lovers of bold wine . We started the tasting but no one wine stood out. They were are closely related, tasting relatively the same.
The outside seating area was beautiful and was able to accommodate many people which I'm sure they do on weekends and in-season.

Date of visit: June 2019