“Best Flatbreads”
Review of Taverna Tagaris

Taverna Tagaris
Ranked #14 of 171 Restaurants in Richland
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Kent, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Flatbreads”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Love the flatbreads including the apple dessert flatbreads. Service was very good. Always visit this restaurant when in the area.

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Kennewick, Washington
“Nice food but Gosh it's HOT!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Tagaris taverna is situated on a hill surrounded by vineyards. It is a beautiful facility with a richly appointed decor and a variety of flat breads and tappas. This was our first visit for dinner, but we've eaten there for lunch twice in the past. Normally, we sit outside on the wonderfully appointed patio, but the 105 degree temperature was just too sweltering today to do that. Little did we know, it was also pretty darned hot INSIDE too.

We were seated at a highboy table between the open kitchen and the fireplace. (Only the fireplace pilot light was on but it still was warm.) Our waitress was prompt and friendly. She took our drink orders and despite a valiant couple of tries, could not get the bar to make a SWEET martini to save their collective job. I gave up and settled for a Late Harvest Chenin Blanc. The glass was reasonably priced ($7) and was sweet, but had a nippy grapefruit and pine finish. Drinkable, but not as pleasant as other local Late Harvest offerings. (Terra Blanca, Hogue) My spouse had a mojito - which he said was lean on the rum and still priced at $10.

Before our Chicken Greek flat bread came, I realized that It was very warm in there - close to 80 degrees! At first, I thought was just a leftover from our walk from the parking lot.

When the appetizer arrived, I asked the waitress why it was so warm. She said that the old building's AC just couldn't keep up with the temperature when the door opens and closes. Lesson#1: On hot days, make sure they seat you as far from the open flame hearth as possible!! (Which is most of July and August.)

Our flat bread appetizer was really flavorful with a good blend of olives, spices, herbs and chicken. We finished it and got our salads within a reasonable time. I had the Greek salad and Spouse had a Caesar. Both were fresh and tasty, but not notable beyond that. The croutons on the Caesar salad were the size of large marbles and were VERY crunchy - like fluffy bread pumice.

Rather than order heavy entrees, we decided to have two tappas plates. The first one was three Albondegas ($8), which are lamb and sausage meatballs served with a spicy tomato based sauce and wedges of flat, pita-like bread. The flavorful meatballs were on the dry side, and since the sauce was a bit too spicy for me to slather on the meatballs, I didn't each much of them.

The second plate we ordered was really fantastic - the Arancini De Riso. By the menu description, I was thinking it would come in a small baking crock, but instead, it came as three apricot sized balls with a crispy panko outside. The accompanying marinara sauce was full of herbs and was a nice counterpoint to the cheese filled rice ball. YUM!

Unfortunately by that time, I was pretty uncomfortable and had resorted to secretly dropping snatched ice cubes into my bra. Since I had a trickle of moisture running between the girls anyway, it might as well be cool moisture...

On the whole, our food was very good and the service excellent. Our drinks were lackluster at best, but I have been told by drinkers of red wine that they have an excellent selection of reds. Neither of us tolerate the oaky tannins of red wine, so that isn't an option. For such a nice, gourmet restaurant, the lack of a robust AC was pitiful and I would not recommend during the heat of the summer them unless you could sit outside comfortably.

• Visited July 2013
Bend, Oregon
“Incredible Patio and fine food”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Sat out on the patio which is huge and has an incredible fountain. Also there is a place for a band to set up (no music on Tuesday night). The patio is huge and has lots of different pockets to escape to. The food was very good. The wine was very expensive though - $13 and more per glass. You can get a 3 glass flight of wines (3 glasses of 2 ounces each for $9 - I recommend this)
Nice place to sit and relax. I'd go back again

Visited June 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Very, Very Nice”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This restaurant qualifies as one of the best and most gourmet restaurants in the Tri-Cities. The interior is very comfortable, the outside seating (open in Spring, Summer) is phenomenal. The water feature adds so much to the ambiance; and, you can sit in an open air section or a covered section. My sister and her husband were visiting from out of state for a quick lunch; I wanted to take them somewhere "nicer" and Tagaris immediately came to mind.

The food choices change periodically, and are always good. And, don't forget their wine -- very enjoyable. Go here if you are a visitor or a local.

• Visited June 2013
richland
“tagaris winery restaurant”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Fine dining in Richland is VERY limited. My niece visited Tagaris and viewed the dining area and the menu. Ten of us had dinner there tonight. Very large outdoor dining area. Fire pits, water feature. Servers very friendly - just a tad slow - but they were very busy. We travel to Maui, Seattle and Portland for fine dining. I am glad to say that we have now found a restaurant that we will frequent in Richland. Our group had the bison steak, copper river salmon, pork chop, burger, clams, gluten free pizza - all excellent. They also had a gluten free chocolate dessert that was excellent. Music every Friday and Saturday - outside. Great atmosphere and wonderful food.

• Visited May 2013