“yummy and good service”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Takeout
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We came as a large group of 11 on a week night with no reservations. We were seated quickly. We love Thai food and this family business was as good as my brother in law promised since he has been going there for over 20 years. Their menu items are more spicy than the restaurants we experience in near home but we expected that. There was a gentleman playing music on the small stage but we enjoyed it.

Reviewed October 24, 2010

Friendly and comfortable, Great authentic Thai and often live local music.

Reviewed October 5, 2010

I have been to Emerald of Siam a few times. Most the time they are okay. However, this time I am shocked. I brought my boyfriend in for the first time and am sad to say it was a great disappointment. We ordered a dish that was mildly spicy and when we got it we were unable to eat it due to how hot it was. The waitress, which I will state was very nice the whole night, did not do much about this however. She simply stated we should eat it slowly. When packing up leftovers she realized we barely ate the dish and acted like it was out fault. By now I am starting to feel sick to my stomach as well. The waitress then put us on the spot asking if we were coming back....it was just a bit awkward, and like a fellow poster once I got home I was running to worship the porcelain god. I am sad to say I won't be going back there anytime soon.

1  Thank Mollah2000
Reviewed October 1, 2009

It seems that mostly people with bad things to say tend to write reviews. Cranky people get bad service.

The Emerald of Siam has been family run for over 25 years. I grew up on their food. It is healthy, fresh and tastes great. The owner is one of the nicest people I have ever met and the stuff is fun and friendly. Yes, they have the occasional white server, but they are all Thai and the food is authentic. In response to the other person saying the trays were empty - it must be because the rush they had earlier ate it all up! I find it endearing when they have trouble keeping up with the crowd, I guess I'm just not in as much of a hurry as other people are.

If you like good food, and are not a cranky person or in a hurry, I recommend this restaurant over any other restaurant in the area.

Reviewed August 25, 2009

The first time I had the buffet lunch. The food was pretty tired already even though it was only 12:30. Sauces were gloppy textured and muddy tasting. But because so many locals rave about the place I was willing to give it another shot. Next time I ordered from the dinner menu and got the same pasty mess. I refuse to return. There are much better Thai options in the Tri-cities.

1  Thank mealtime