“Very Nice for Lunch”

Bookwalter Winery
Ranked #7 of 172 Restaurants in Richland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Join us for lunch, dinner, or Sunday brunch! J. Bookwalter specializes in producing some of Washington’s finest wines through meticulous winemaking and exceptional vineyard sources. The winery’s tasting room in Richland includes a full-service restaurant, Fiction, and was named one of the best tasting rooms in the United States by Sunset magazine. Fiction serves lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch featuring local ingredient-driven dishes such as wild Pacific halibut, Snake River Waygu beef strip loin and Draper Valley chicken and mushrooms. Live music sets the soundtrack several nights per week at the restaurant and winery.
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is a great place for lunch (as well as appetizers later in the day/early evening). There is outside seating and a fair amount of parking. Of course the wine selection is amazing.

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

I had dinner at Bookwalter at least 4-5 times in 2013 and I must say I really do like the wine! The pita for the hummus was hard as a rock though!!!! This summer we were having dinner outside and noticed Mr Bookwalter! Trashed and to my understanding this is his normal behavior! Completely unprofessional and think that if he spent more time shaking hands instead of being a blithering alcoholic he will attract more professionals!!

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We were urged to visit by a lady who works at the hotel we were staying in. The people are great; there were at least 3 servers who stopped by and had actual conversations with us.
Having already eaten, we only tried the wine. It is very wine with entertaining names. They were out of the Antagonist which I would love to try. They are said to have amazing steak as well but I will have to see for myself another time.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

There are few places I'd describe as 'hip' in the Tri-Cities, but this, certainly, is one. They've done a good job of catering to a younger crowd and offering a missing link for something swanky in our neck of the woods. Therefore if you're young (in age or spirit), looking for a place with a 'scene', and out for a night on the town--this is a GREAT place to start (or finish, depending on their hours). I went on a night with live music, which was entertaining.

But, if you're like me, and less focused on the hip aspect of the place, you might be slightly disappointed. The wait staff is friendly and attentive, but if the place is packed, you might not see much of them. Or, if you're in it for the wine-tasting, don't expect a vault of knowledge. The food, while creative and well plated, is very over-priced and lacking in quality (I work in the industry, their most expensive cheese/meat plate came with low-end cheeses and deli meats). Their wines are average-good, however, they're quite expensive. Considering our area and that one is drinking/eating at the 'tasting room', i didn't expect to pay over-priced restaurant prices for a glass of wine ($17).

1  Thank OSF35
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband I decided to have lunch here while visiting with family in the area for Thanksgiving. I had the Salmon Melt and it was delightful. My husband thought the Reuben sandwich tasted wonderful. He also raved about the Crème Brule for dessert and said it was the best he ever had in the past. The staff was great especially Nathanial, who was our waiter. His customer service was "over the top". Their wines have always been a favorite of ours for many years. We would definitely go again.