“Exceptional experience with Courtyard Richland!”

Courtyard Richland Columbia Point
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Richland
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Based upon previous reviews, we stayed at Courtyard by Marriott Richland, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The rooms are standard Courtyard, great shower, thoroughly cleaned daily, with that great view out to the marina. I got good workouts each day on mostly new equipment in the smallish fitness room. Didn't eat there because Anthony's is right next door and a really good restaurant. Richland is a good jumping off point for wine country visits, particularly to Prosser only 25 minutes away. This hotel is located next to a terrific looking golf course, and just down the street from a shopping center where you can get all you need for a room snack, breakfast, etc.

My only complaints about this hotel are: the small inside only pool (but you can swim in the Columbia River if you're desperate) and the analog TV sets, which need to be replaced with HD.

I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 31, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now, it is a newer hotel built on a GREAT location that is overlooking a small marina and the Columbia River. The hotel has a limited restaurant but Anthony’s Steak and Seafood next door is GREAT. The hotel is very attractive inside and out with much attention to the design. The one negative I had is that the pool is the size of most hotels hot tub.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Overall, I liked the hotel. It was nicely decorated and had the standard amenities that most hotels offer. It's located in a convenient part of town and easy to get to from the highway. The hotel is located along the Columbia River. There is a nice hike-n-bike trail that runs right next to the hotel. I saw lots of people out jogging and cycling on the trail. The hotel even offers bikes that you can use (not sure if you rent or just checkout), but don't get your hopes up - the bikes remind me of the ones PeeWee Herman rode in his Big Adventure. But still, it's neat that they offer bikes for your use. I think that's a first in all of the hotels I've stayed at. The rooms here have one of the largest bathrooms I've seen in modern hotels. Most hotels cram bathrooms in a room the size of a closet - not this place. The room service menu, while limited, is good and reasonably priced. The hotel gym is nice, but it's much nicer to go out for a jog on the trail.

There are a few downsides to the hotel. 1) The ceilings are thin - i could hear my upstairs neighbor walking around at 5 a.m. every morning. I could also hear the doors shut in the hallway, which wasn't fun late at night. 2) The air conditioner is one of those individual units. I normally like this because i can use it like a sound machine; however, it kept cycling off/on, even when it was in fan mode. I found this annoying. 3) The beds aren't the most comfortable I've slept on. Don't get me wrong, it's still better than the one I sleep on at home, but I've been spoiled lately at other hotels who have brand new mattresses. 4) The room couch was horribly uncomfortable. I had to sit on pillows to keep from feeling the couch frame. Mostly though, I sat in the desk chair (which was pretty comfortable).

In all, I'd recommend this hotel. It's not the best I've stayed at, but it's by far better than others I've stayed at. The staff is friendly and the location/price make the downsides tolerable. I'd stay here again if I were in the area on a project again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for two things a relaxing getaway and golf. I do not golf but two members of our group do and I think I can say for them that they were very happy with the course near this hotel. The rest of us loved the location near the river and Anthony’s Home Port restaurant within walking distance to this property. (We eat at AHP for two dinners and one lunch and all of us raved about it.) We also liked the convenient river walk 7.5 + miles of paved walk/bike trail, perfect for all ages with access to parks and river views. (You can rent a slow one gear bike at the hotel for $5.00/day)
This was a clean, safe and friendly environment and I have nothing but, good things to say about the staff and location. If you stay pay the extra $10.00 to have the breakfast in the lobby. This was not a big deal buffet but good simple food and a warm friendly staff. The only negative remark I can make is the size and design of the pool, very small think postage stamp. The pool is not well thought out, it is indoors with a sundeck but, access to the sundeck is limited to four or more small glass doors that lock on you when shut them. With some more imagination this could have been one of the defining features of the property.

All in all however this was a good hotel well worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2009

This hotel is in really good condition, comfortable common areas and hotel rooms that utilize Marriott’s current design schemes. Parking is plentiful. The staff was friendly. Nice TV, coffee maker, comfortable bed in my standard size hotel room.

The hotel is near a golf course and sits on the river with many rooms having a river view. Plenty of choices for restaurants and retail shopping. Some within walking distance.

Things to mention: room was too heavliy deorderized.

I’d stay here again. ttz

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2009

Great place to stay. All the amenities you could ask for. Clean, quiet rooms with very comfortable beds. Our room was overlooking the Columbia River. Lots of ducks to watch. Right off I-182 but noise was not an issue. We could only hear a little traffic noise and then only when the slider was open. Friendly, knowlegeable staff. Convenient to wineries. A great place in a great location at a fair price. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2008

Nice wknd getaway. pool has been down and hot tub cold the last 3x we where there they need to figure it out.

rooms are great, but a bit spendy

Stayed: September 2008