“Always make a reservation”

Courtyard Richland Columbia Point
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Richland
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I arrived in Richland, Wa without a reservation, 5 weeks into my holiday. I trusted a Starbucks employee who mentioned this place. It was about 8PM, the lady at the desk finally agreed to give me the internet rate of $127. per night, I asked for a river view, got the parking lot, and outside the pool/exercise rooms nothing buy chorine smell. People talking in the hallway late at night. Realize my fault for this 2 night stay was staying. Mobile in room did not work, no one to fix. Room Service Meal was SUPER.
My feelings were the lady at the desk when I arrived was annoyed I came late without a reservation.
When I left NO ONE at the desk, the people from breakfast area had to call someone to the desk to check me out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river. Ask for a room away from the chorine. However, I won't be sta...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Kathytime, General Manager at Courtyard Richland Columbia Point, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Victoria1328,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott in Richland. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the service that our guests expect from a Marriott property. We always welcome guests that do not have a reservation. We clearly sent you the wrong impression. I encourage you to contact me at 509-942-9400 to discuss the details in more depth. It is my personal goal to follow up on situations to enable us to continue to improve our service for all of our guests. Thank you for choosing Courtyard in Richland. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Rooms are large and offer a sitting area with small sofa. We had a room with a full balcony overlooking the smaller part of the marina. It was quiet and comfortable. I think it is worth it to get a river / marina view room. The staff was friendly and accomodating. There is a nice walkway along the river, very pretty. Breakfast is not included, but offered at the "cafe" in the lobby. There is a large lounge area with bar service in the evenings. We enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: Get a balcony room overlooking the smaller part of the marina (it will be quiet).
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Kathytime, General Manager at Courtyard Richland Columbia Point, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Complete_Travel,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. You did a nice job of describing our guestrooms and area accommodations. We always appreciate positive feedback from our guests. We look forward to serving you again in the future if your travels bring you back to Richland WA.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

No free food or booze for Platinum, no concierge lounge. Nice staff, got upgraded room with faux balcony. Ask for a real balcony that looks over the river, not the marina. Pool smells like a chemical factory; not chlorine more like industrial cleaner. No place here to sit in the sun in the afternoon. Room was nice and clean but I expect that. They do have bikes for rent (Also not free for Platinum.) which are great for the river walk. Wifi is free for all.

Room Tip: North side with balcony, overlooking the river. No sun though. East facing gets morning sun, view of...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathytime, General Manager at Courtyard Richland Columbia Point, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear ATC Traveler,
Thank you for being loyal to Marriott as a Platinum Member of our Marriott Rewards Program. At Courtyard, platinum members have the option of receiving extra points upon check in or a complimentary snack from our market. Like all Marriott brands, Platinum Rewards Members are our #1 priority when upgrading to a river view room upon availability. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the upgrade we provided to you. If you would like to discuss your experience in detail, please do not hesitate to contact me at 509-942-9400.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Not sure why they do not include a breakfast. It was all very confusing. Decided to eat a little something so got the continental for $7. But the wait staff, which had to bring the coffee??? Why?? so we had to leave a tip? and then he charged for a full breakfast buffet. He adjusted it, but the full buffet certainly was not worth $10. Usually stay in Choice Hotel brands and they never charge for breakfast. They are not as expensive and have better Breakfasts that are free. I expected more from the Marriott Brand. Thought they were a little higher class. The only thing this had going for it was the location and then make sure you are on the river side or otherwise you might as well stay at any other hotel.

Room Tip: Get a river view. Worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Kathytime, General Manager at Courtyard Richland Columbia Point, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Judster2013,
I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the Courtyard Breakfast Program. Courtyard aims to provide a dining experience for our guests that includes personal service. Our omelet station offers fresh "cook to order" eggs with the option of including ham, tomatoes, peppers, onions and cheese. All breakfast eggs, potatoes, meats and pastries are cooked each morning. None of our breakfast items are pre-cooked out of a box, carton or package. We do offer guestroom rates that include breakfast for two. This is a great option for people that are traveling with a companion.

Marriott Brands such as Fairfield Inn, TownePlace Suites and SpringHill Suites all provide complimentary breakfast similar to the Choice Hotel Brands. We hope this information assists you in choosing the right hotel for your travel needs. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Courtyard.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed here for a couple nights while on business in the Tri-cities area and was quite happy with this hotel. Desk staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and functional, and reasonably quiet. They offer a pretty decent breakfast buffet, and the location is very nice with a pretty running trail right behind the property that goes
along the Columbia river. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Yastreb,
I personally love your choice of words "Friendly and Fun." It is perfect! We strive every day to provide friendly and courteous service. "Fun" is like putting the icing on the cake. Thank you! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Courtyard by Marriott - Richland

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I usually don't stay at Courtyards (I do stay at other Marriott properties as they are what I prefer and don't like to pay for breakfast as you do at Courtyard) but this was nice, a great riverview from the room (although I didn't get the best benefit) but very clean and quiet. The staff for the breakfast was very attentive and seemed to keep in mind the time for business travelers. I would recommend.

Room Tip: HIgh and away from elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear BothellEnglandLover,

We always appreciate feedback from our guests. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It sounds like we almost "knocked it out of the park" but not quite. If you would like to discuss the specifics on the benefits that we missed, I encourage you to contact me at 509-420-1200. Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott in Richland.

Courtyard by Marriott

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have stayed at other Courtyard properties and found them to be very consistent, and this property was no exception.
Our riverview room was very clean and in good repair, as was the rest of the property.
Bed was a little "bouncy" for my tastes.
Robert the bartender was very personable, really enjoyed talking with him.
Did not use the pool or fitness room, so I can't rate them.
We did eat breakfast at the hotel, it was fine.
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the marina, it was enjoyable to watch the boats coming in and out.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Seattle500,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Courtyard by Marriott in Richland. It sounds like you had a pleasant experience. I will share your post with Robert. He is a new employee and we are very happy with his work performance. It is always nice to hear positive comments from our guests. Thank you! We hope to serve you again soon in Richland.