“Had never stayed in Richland, usually Kennewick but worth the change.”

Courtyard Richland Columbia Point
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Richland
Seattle
“Had never stayed in Richland, usually Kennewick but worth the change.”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I usually don't stay at Courtyards (I do stay at other Marriott properties as they are what I prefer and don't like to pay for breakfast as you do at Courtyard) but this was nice, a great riverview from the room (although I didn't get the best benefit) but very clean and quiet. The staff for the breakfast was very attentive and seemed to keep in mind the time for business travelers. I would recommend.

Room Tip: HIgh and away from elevators.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kathytime, General Manager at Courtyard Richland Columbia Point, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear BothellEnglandLover,

We always appreciate feedback from our guests. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It sounds like we almost "knocked it out of the park" but not quite. If you would like to discuss the specifics on the benefits that we missed, I encourage you to contact me at 509-420-1200. Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott in Richland.

Courtyard by Marriott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have stayed at other Courtyard properties and found them to be very consistent, and this property was no exception.
Our riverview room was very clean and in good repair, as was the rest of the property.
Bed was a little "bouncy" for my tastes.
Robert the bartender was very personable, really enjoyed talking with him.
Did not use the pool or fitness room, so I can't rate them.
We did eat breakfast at the hotel, it was fine.
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the marina, it was enjoyable to watch the boats coming in and out.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Seattle500,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Courtyard by Marriott in Richland. It sounds like you had a pleasant experience. I will share your post with Robert. He is a new employee and we are very happy with his work performance. It is always nice to hear positive comments from our guests. Thank you! We hope to serve you again soon in Richland.

Denton, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had been looking so forward to a Riverside view. I arrived early, the hotel was clearing from full capacity, and, despite the hotel being nearly empty when I arrived, I was told that I was unable to get a Riverside view. Actually, first I was told that it looked like it would be possible. Then, once it was known that I was from half-way across the country, then the tune changed. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Good luck with this if you are from outside of the Northwest!
Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Traveler W,
Thank you for commenting on your experience at the Richland Courtyard by Marriott. We are so sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your room assignment. We always do our best to upgrade our guests. Upgrades are based on availability of river view rooms at the time of check in and we work very hard to have all rooms available by 3pm daily. I encourage you to contact me at (509) 420-1200 to discuss the specifics of your situation.

The best way to ensure a river view room is to book it ahead of time. The river view rooms are $10 more than the city view rooms. I hope to speak to you soon and serve you again in the future if your travels bring you back to Richland.

Kathy Moore - Courtyard by Marriott
Waunakee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 30, 2013

From check in to check out, this was a great experience. Heather at the front desk was friendly, helpful and made me feel so welcome. Robert in the bar was fantastic. He made everyone feel comfortable and welcome. His wine recommendations were excellent. I had a room that overlooked the river and due to an unexpected change in my schedule, i spent most of the day in the room. It was delightful to watch the boats. Thank you to a great staff for making a great experience.

Room Tip: ask for a river view - it is spectacular
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kathytime, General Manager at Courtyard Richland Columbia Point, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear CopyGirl,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott in Richland. We enjoy serving our guests and are very proud of our hotel. Your comments have been shared with our staff. Watching the activity on the river can be very entertaining. We hope to serve you again in the near future!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel's location just off of I-182 in the Columbia Point development is excellent. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Enjoy a walk along the walking/biking trail that runs right by the hotel, along the Columbia River.

Room Tip: Be sure to book a room that faces the river - well worth it
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank IowaRevJ
Dear IowaRevJ,
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate feedback from our guests. It is enjoyable to watch all the activity at the boat launch during the summer season. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Thank you!
Seattle
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our second stay at this hotel was as appealing as our first last summer, and we would gladly stay here again.

The hotel is exceptionally clean and has an incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Jessica at the front desk was especially helpful - she seemed to be the person answering the phone every time I called the hotel (once to book, once to confirm, once to ask a couple of questions), and she always seemed to be around for an extra blanket or a recommendation on where to make a purchase that we needed. Thanks Jessica!

The hotel's location is lovely and very convenient for highway access to Pasco and Kennewick.

We did not eat breakfast at the hotel, which is an additional fee. But with the microwave and refrigerator we managed our own quick breakfasts just fine.

If booking ahead, ask for a water view room to enjoy the Columbia River.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear TouristeSeattle,
Welcome Back! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us again! I will definitely share your positive comments with Jessica! We are proud to have Jessica on our team. See you next time!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The room was clean and the front desk staff was cordial.

When we checked in they said they upgraded us to a river view room. We checked in on Friday night and it was overlooking the marina. And the marina was full of boats revving their motors. And one especially noisy underneath our window when the engine was missing and the person had to turn up the gas to keep it running.

I shared the room with a friend and in order to use the bathroom I had to turn on the bathroom light and one switch turns on the toilet area and the separate sink area. So I ended up waking my friend in order to use the restroom. This was poorly designed.

We were only here for one night - nice hotel and the only Marriott brand for hundreds of miles.

I would be back but would request a room with a parking lot view.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the parking area will be quieter. Marina view very noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Kathytime, General Manager at Courtyard Richland Columbia Point, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear GISGoddess,
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay in Richland. We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the water view. The Marina is owned and operated by the City of Richland therefore the hotel is unable to police the noise activity. We acknowledge your thoughts on the bathroom lighting situation and have shared it with ownership to take into consideration when building new hotel properties. Marriott has 2 additional hotels in the Tri-Cities area. The TownPlace Suites is located across the street from the Courtyard at Columbia Point and the Fairfield Inn is located in Kennewick across the street from Columbia Center Mall. We would love to accommodate you again if your travel plans bring you to the Tri-Cities Area. Inform our Guest Services Agent that you request the city view side of the hotel during peak boating season.

Kathy Moore
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richland
Homewood Suites by Hilton Richland
Hampton Inn Richland / Tri-Cities
TownePlace Suites Richland Columbia Point
Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland
Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House
Clover Island Inn Kennewick

Been to Courtyard Richland Columbia Point? Share your experiences!