“Big, clean rooms in a convenient location”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Richland
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Richland
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We needed a room for three adults and a toddler. The pictures on their website confirmed that the room would be big enough so we made a reservation. There was plenty of room for everyone. At first glance it looked to be off the beaten path but it is really close to just about everything. It's very close to the major shopping mall in Kennewick and just a few minutes from central Richland.

The room was very clean and bright with a view of the Columbia River. The only thing that keeps me from giving it a 5.0 was the condition of the matresses. A room this nice should have had a better one. Ours were very soft and a bit saggy. When I rolled, my wife moved too whether she wanted to or not.

The swimming pool and hot tub are worthy of mention. They are enclosed in a green house type enclosure. We used it in the evening and enough of the day's heat was still captured so as to make it very comfortable. Again, it was very clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 10, 2011

I generally love HIE. This is my first time at this particular hotel. Although everything else met my expectations, I have to say that I am disappointed in the bed here. It is hard and it has a crinkly mattress pad. I feel like a kid they are afraid will wet the bed. On the other hand, their Priority Club welcome bag was very nice.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank L01S
Reviewed July 14, 2011

This hotel is pretty new,but it is in a kind of goofy location. I looked for and found rooms with a river view... Problem is,the mighty Colombia is about a mile away but you can kind of see it a little. I admit that I smoke,this is one of those 100% non-smoking hotels. Other than that,and I couldn't get a balcony room, it seems to be a pretty good place. We used points for the room,but what the rate was on the form when we checked in looked quite pricey. Holiday Inns seems to think they are the Hilton now. If you want to be on the river there are some really good choices there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank 5ptelk
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Stayed here four nights along with a co-worker. The rooms and hotel were clean. The breakfast buffet consisted of the typical Holiday Inn Express food items such as eggs, bacon, sausege, cereals etc. The excercise room only has three machines but me and another person were the only ones there working out in the mornings. The hotel was very quite at night and I slept great. They do serve soup every night around 6pm but I didn't have any. I did help myself to the nightly cookies though!! This was the second time we've stayed in this hotel for business and we were both satisfied. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in the Tri-Cities area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank thefoodlover1001
Reviewed December 28, 2010

This has been my fourth time staying in the HIX in Richland, WA.. Every time I have been welcomed cheerfully as a Priority Club member and given a goodie bag with water and snacks. They also have warm freshly baked cookies with ice cold milk in the lobby every evening. The rooms are large, fairly modern and clean, but not brand new. They have a microwave, mini-fridge, and coffee maker in every room. The indoor pool and hot tub are enclosed in a glass structure so you really feel like you are outside. They keep the fitness center is good working order, which many hotels seem to forget about. The breakfast is the typical HIX fare, good mix of hot and cold items. Overall I am always very happy when I stay here and look forward to many return trips.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank foodnwine2522
Reviewed November 7, 2010

This hotel was very clean, from the room to the dining area, lobby, etc. The room was average in size. We had a king bed, couch, small table in our room. The breakfast was standard for a hotel, although the eggs were very dry. They have cinnamon smelling soap which I've not encountered before. There were lots of teenagers in the hotel for a sports event but we weren't bothered at all by the noise.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank outdoorlovinfamily
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I typically stay at Holiday Inn Express (HIE) when I'm traveling somewhere for just a night or two and I'm not going to hang out at the hotel, since they are usually comfortable and have a good breakfast spread included in the price. For this trip my friend and I were going to take the public tour of the Hanford Nuclear site which starts at a location pretty close by.

As usual the desk service was friendly and standard for Holiday Inn Express staff. I'm in the Holiday Inn points program, so they provided me with a bag of snacks at check-in which was nice. The room was spacious with standard HIE amenities. What made this stay a downer for me was the firmness of the mattress, I found it fairly uncomfortable to sleep on and it's not something I have experienced at an HIE before.

On the plus side the morning breakfast was very good and filling, but I'm just not able to get over how uncomfortable the bed was and for that reason I wouldn't be able to recommend this Holiday Inn Express to a friend.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends