“Ok - again”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Richland
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here a year ago and gave it an "ok" and that is what I am giving it again. Again I had an economy queen room. Upon opening the door you get a blast of "that smell". Once you get the AC going and vent the room a bit it isn't too noticeable. The room is decent and clean and functional but nothing special. The outside door jams on most of the rooms are in desperate need of paint - wood showing through and there is need up touch up pain on moldings in the room itself. The room did have a mini fridge and microwave. I got to Richland much earlier than expected and the staff was very helpful in letting me check in early - I really appreciated that. The breakfast that comes with your stay (free) is a buffet - the best out there on the road.... potatoes, eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereal, pastries, yogurt and juices. Back to the room - I was greeted in the bathroom upon arrival by a huge brown spider in the bathtub. I don't know which type but I demised it. Later one showed up in the sink..... ????? The location of this hotel is good - close to the HI ways and close to the Aman Park where I visit the Tumbleweed Folk Music Festival. So, I will again return as the prices are reasonable, breakfast is good, the staff is good, location good but I hope they do a little touch up maintenance one of these years.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear therealscherlock,

Thank you for choosing Shilo Inn Richland a second time. Your business is appreciated and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I made a last minute stop in Richland and was pleasantly greeted. The room was about what I expected; clean with a faint hint of smoke but as a older hotel that is not unexpected. The two things that I would comment on is the quality of the complementary breakfast, very good by any standards. the staff was very friendly and helpful. All for under 100$ a night!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear JonathonE,

Thank you for your review and for being a valued Shilo guest. We are glad you would like to stay with us again and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Clean and friendly. Yes this Shilo could definitely use some external cosmetic updating but the amenities are plentiful and the staff was great. Right off freeway and golf course, nice pool and spa...well kept and clean. The beds are comfortable, mini fridge and freezer, coffee pots and little soaps etc. AC worked awesomely, which is key in the summer there. Breakfast was actually really good and HOT which is important to me...usually a major complaint of mine is a continental breakfast being below a safe temp...not here- instead a FULL and HOT meal. If you're the type that cares more about the engine in your car than a scratch in the paint this Shilo is a good value.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Delyria,

Thank you for your comments and for recognizing our special brand of “Affordable Excellence.” We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel last weekend and had a pleasant enough stay that I felt that it required a review. As a family that loves to travel and see new places, we have stayed in a few hotels. There was not anything extra ordinarily different about the hotel such as golden walkways or diamond chandeliers, however it provided something similar in value for me. The staff was very friendly and helpful from the check-in point to the prompt response we received for extra towels. First impressions of the property were deceiving (needs paint) but the hotel provided affordable and very spacious rooms. I wish that we would have had an opportunity to play in the family friendly pool area, but a severe thunder storm influenced that. Overall the stay offered us a quiet area, large rooms and a friendly staff. Recommended for the family (including the dog) traveling on a budget.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Joshua N,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay and for recommending us as a good family hotel. We look forward to your future return.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Although the rooms have a slightly dated décor, they are clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff went above and beyond to make my large family feel welcome. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which included biscuits & gravy, cottage fried potatoes, link sausages, eggs, muffins, cereals, and fruit. The guest laundry is also very convenient when traveling with children. The location is excellent, with the Columbia Point Golf Course on one side and the Columbia River & a lovely river walkway adjacent. There is also a great kid and dog friendly park very close by. All the amenities really add up, and with children under 12 staying for free it was a very good value for us. We plan to return next fall for our school shopping trip, and hope to spend an extra night to take advantage of the pool, wading pool, and whirlpool spa. Satisfied customers here!
Mary K.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The condition of the facility is deplorable! The railings are faded, chipped and covered with bird droppings, walls and walkways cracked, chunks of the stucco have fallen off the exterior. The rooms looked like they have not been updated since 1980! Doors were scuffed, mold on walls, porcelain chipped, faded shades, a television from the 70’s??? I go down to breakfast and have to eat in the dark because the Manager hasn’t arrived and the light switch is in his locked office!! Really???? The insects!!!! Gnats, Moths and Silverfish covered the bathroom vanity, the bathtub, every wall and light fixture. On the sheets in the bed! On my face when I woke up!!! No hot water to take a shower! The front dest finds it easier to say no to requests than take the time to find a way to say yes.

Room Tip: They are charging premium rates for a sub-sub-par motel. The are so many other hotels and motels in...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Charles M
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The facility is a bit dated but we had a great time. The staff were excellent, the pool was amazing and the food at the restaurant was good. The location on the river with its picturesque trail was a nice bonus. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear ekeko7,

Thank you for visiting the Shilo Inns Suites Hotel in Richland, Washington. Although we are not the newest venue on the block, cleanliness and customer service is our top priority. Our staff strives to provide a relaxing enjoyable environment for all of our guests. We are happy you were able to enjoy our outdoor pool (one of our favorite family features) as well as our onsite O’Callahan’s restaurant for your convenience. We hope you were able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast as well.

From the entire Shilo family – Thank you for your business and we look forward to your future stay with us! Be sure to check our website at www.shiloinns.com for our other Shilo locations.

Best regards,