“Best hotel in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Prospector Inn

Prospector Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Republic
Prospector Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Republic B&B and Inns
Somewhere Fun
“Best hotel in town”
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We were in for a wedding and the pictures online literally had us scared. We are definately city folk and expect a good hotel. Their pictures don't do the place justice. It is actually a really nice place - not 5 star luxury but the best you will find in town. We were in for a wedding and actually the bride and groom stayed the night here.

I was uneasy at the late check in, I guess they just taped our key to the door on the outside. Safe town I guess because it is a common practice. The room was old but looked recently done. New bedding, new t.v. new bathroom flooring. It was clean. Comfortable bed - like you would get at the Hilton, fluffy pillows and fairly large. We had a fridge and little table. The town is teenty tiny, you could walk from end to the other in about 10 minutes but it cute. The hotel employees and everyone in Republic were very friendly. It earns a 5 stars since it really is the best in Republic.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wheresdabeach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seattle
Reviewed December 22, 2008

We took a family vacation to Stone Rose. We stayed in the "big' family room and found this Local Inn and town to be big fun for everyone. It was a nice change of pace from bigger more sterile hotels.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Travel25team
N Cent. Washington
Reviewed August 12, 2008

After reading the mixed reviews in this web site, we decided not to make reservations and be stuck with something awful. When we arrived on a Tuesday about 3 PM, we got one of the last two rooms left. And what a delightful surprise we had. The long-legged blond cowgirl who greeted us, actually made some changes so we could have a first-floor room. She was very warm and friendly. In fact all the employees we encountered were helpful and friendly. The room, decorated country style, was immaculate, cool (the AC was working), and very comfortable (including the bed). We had a fridge and microwave and excellent TV. During the night we were able to turn off the AC and open the screened window to enjoy fresh and cool night air. The breakfast included lots of variety including hard boiled eggs. We could not have asked for more, particlarly since we paid less than $70.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank kettletraveler
Hamilton, Montana
Reviewed July 27, 2008

I stayed at the Prospector for 4 nights. It is a good 2 star motel with very clean and well maintained rooms. Front desk employees were very friendly and efficient. Continent breakfast normally didn't open until 7:00 AM, but they opened at 6:15 AM to accommodate us. Motel has a sauna and hot tub.
I also spent time at the Northern Inn, and prefer the Prospector Inn.
The rooms are similar, but the Prospector has better service to the rooms and provides a continental breakfast. Prospector has even cheaper rates.

• Liked — value, cleanliness
  • Disliked — no internet service
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank dld53
Spokane, WA
Reviewed May 26, 2008

Summary: A decent two star hotel.

Pros: Price ($67), location, clean room and facility.
Cons: Air conditioner didn't work. Rooms fronting street very noisy from traffic.

Given its location (Republic is a remote, tiny town) this is a decent little hotel to stay for a night or two. We had 2 queen beds, one was very saggy, the other was OK. Our room faced the front (Street) side. If you can, avoid this when booking. The street is a highway and has some traffic even late at night. It didn't help that we had to open a window after the air conditioner gave out. It was nice that there was 24 hour access to our rooms since we we fishing til late at night and didn't return til after midnight. TV was in good shape with 30 or so channels - no movie/PAY TV channels though (a plus I thought). Bathroom decent. Only amenties provided other than clean towels was soap.

Staff: I dealt the manager (owner?) at check-in and once later when asking what restaurants were open. I would have to describe her a "brusque", not rude - just not very friendly or helpful.

Our future plans do not call for us to stay in Republic again, but if we should I would probably try the other choice in town.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — street noise
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank barsabbus
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 14, 2007

Wow. The ratings on this hotel run the gamut. The truth is that the inn isn't as great as proponents say and isn't as terrible as the critics say.

Let's address the owner's politics first that another reviewer raised. Yes, there's a photo of our failed President Bush in the lobby, and literature for a pro-noise pollution snowmobile coalition. Despite that, and although I'm a progressive Democrat from blue Seattle, I never felt that anyone in the hotel was pushing a right-wing agenda.

The room itself was decent---fairly large, with a king-sized bed with a good mattress. The lighting wasn't inn-like: a glaring commercial fluorescent light over the table, and energy-wasting incandescent bulbs where compact fluorescents would have represented an environmentally friendliness and fiscal conservativeness that I'd expect from a real inn.

There was no hair dryer, which is somewhat remarkable in this day and age.

We found a dead insect on the heating vent, and there were a couple of insects we swatted ourselves. Not sure how they got in, since the windows are screened (and this was mid-October!).

Beyond that, the room was basically clean.

One of the nice things about the inn is its sauna/hot tub. Its exercise room consists of a couple of cardio machines. The visitors' information center for the town is located just off the inn lobby, and they keep it open until about 9 pm.

A caution: when you open your room, the door unlocks and must be locked when you leave with the key; it doesn't automatically lock itself.

The continental breakfast has adequate variety.

In short, don't expect a modern boutique inn with amenities, but do expect an older, perfectly adequate motel. For us, at the height of hunting season when rooms in the newer Northern Inn up the street were sold out, the $77 rate reflected an average place to stay.

• Liked — Adequately average, visitors' center is in the building
  • Disliked — No hair dryer, insects, no compact fluorescents
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 25, 2006

Prospector Inn Republic WA

Me and My daughter and my grandson of 2months old was on are way back home and we passed this Prospector INN both thinking we were so tired that we should stay the night at this place. I went to the door and ring a bell the lady came out and said hello and I said how much is your rooms she said come in and let me see. After I told her how many she said almost 80.00 for 2 queen beds and she said that is all she had also no smoking room. I said wow that is pretty spending and she said what you got me up for no reason and she was very rude. I said no no that is fine my grandson and daughter are tired we will pay what we have to. I was so tired as well.
The carpet was very old and out dated and the old walmart bedspreads needed changed long ago and the floors really needed cleaned badly. She was saying that she has to pay over 140.00 a night in Tri-Cities for a room and I said yes but they are clean and well maintained rooms and then I said have a good night. Also her Idea breakfast was muffins and coffee the best part of the motel was the outside because the inside was the worse.

I will never stay there again and hope I never see her in Tri-Cities because like she said us Tri-cities people are just rude and over priced.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member