“Highly Recommended”
Review of Northern Inn

Northern Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Republic
Northern Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Republic B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My dog and I stayed in room 8 before and after the both of us were rescued from a botched trip to Snow Peak Cabin in April, 2013. The hotel had everything we needed. Restaurants and a grocery store were within walking distance. Gas stations were nearby also. Our two-bed room cost $79 and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Our room was across from the vending machine, which could make some noise on a busy night. But it di...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Terry M

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Visiting family; and checked into the historic/modern Northern Inn. Very welcoming and congenial person at front desk, room was large, clean, tidy, and quiet. Met family members for great beer and conversation at the Republic Brewpub in the evening and in the morning woke to walk around the town. Coffee was available in lobby from 6am onwards.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We attempted to book a room there in person, but was told by the owner that the only rooms she had available were suites going for $179 a night. Looks like an adorable, unique motel, but certainly not worth that amount. Less than 30 mins later, I asked my friend to call her (since see had already spoken with me) to see what the rates were - just felt that something wasn't right - & he was told $89 a night. He then asked if it was just one room at that rate & was told that there were a few avaiable. Now I can slightly see the possibility of one room opening due to a cancellation, but a few? We're the exact opposite of the rough biker, punk crowd so all I can think is that she saw "upscale" & thought she should raise her rates . . . We decided to drive 45 mins to another area that we knew had many reputable places to choose from.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JuneOlympia
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed there in mid October. It was VERY clean and a very well maintained property. We had no idea that we would find a place this nice in lovely, out of the way Republic.
The staff was more than nice and very accommodating ( it may be the water, as all the people we met in this town had the same affliction). Outstanding value!

Room Tip: We stayed in 109 (?), on the second floor. It was quiet and very conveniently accessed via a short f...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

A unique experience when making the resveration by phone. I was talking to the owner, Kathy, (didn't know it at the time) and she took the reservation without even asking for a credit card to guarantee it. She also asked if we preferred the first floor or the second and whether we preferred a softer or harder bed. Never have had that happen before. Nice touch.

Clean, quite room. Good location right in town. Easy to walk to stores and restaurants. Didn't know how internet reception would be in a fairly isolated town, and it was fine. Kathy and another lady in the office were very friendly and outgoing.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I recently went on a 4600 mile motorcycle trip through several western National Parks. We had just left Glacier National Park headed for North Cascades National Park and choose to land in Republic for the night. Clean rooms, friendly owner, and great value. We would stay here again if we were up that way. We got a great tip for breakfast from the owner and ate at Wauconda, which is about 15 miles from Republic. Definitely biker friendly!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mtnmama_12
Reviewed September 6, 2012

NOT the Best Place.... When I first arrived, I noticed two young men, who appeared to be quite shady looking to me, standing around a pickup. I left and came back, went into the office area and a young female, that looked to me like a teenage, wanna be, punk rocker, came up to the desk from a room behind the counter. I thought she seemed unprofessional, unpleasant and out of place behind a desk. I was not impressed. Didn't have a good feeling there. Republic police arrived later. This place may make you want to go somewhere else also.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank CrystalSpirit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Republic
Klondike Motel
Klondike Motel
#1 of 6 in Republic
Hotel Midway aka The Hot-L
Winchester RV Park & Campground
K-Diamond-K Guest Ranch
K-Diamond-K Guest Ranch
#2 of 6 in Republic

Been to Northern Inn? Share your experiences!